Share Facebook

02-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
davyb

Anyone Tired?

ok, so i`m posting again, so that means i must be getting sick... so i`ve been taking every kind of energy pill available to get some kind of pick me up but nothing is working, and i`m at a point in my life where i can`t take time off to rest. what is everyone else on here doing to counteract their fatigue?
02-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
Jeff D.

Well those energy things will do nothing for you. The energy you get is quick and will give you a down that will make it much worse for you. Eat pasta and stuff with a lot of carbs.
02-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
kix66

Are you on B-12 Shots? They help a little. How is your iron level, that makes a huge difference. Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? That makes all the difference in my energy level. I still feel tired most of the time but not totally run down like I have before.
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
ruthymg

I too feel tired all the time, my doc just ordered vit b12, iron etc bloods. Hope he can find out from them whats causing my tiredness.

Ruth
02-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
TammySue62

My Support Groups:
Hi
Im tired alot too. I no that some of my tiredness is due to the very cold weather we have been havin down here in Ontario or is it up there in Ontario? I have never taken b-12 shots I take iron pills multi-vitamin and vitamin d . Is everone else taken there vitamin D ? That helps our fragile bones (from being on pred. for so long) and replaces the sun that we dont get much here in the winter. I am gonna ask my Dr. about getting the b-12 shot

Thanks Tammy
02-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Maggie-Muffin

hello, I take B12 shots,and pills for potassuim,and sleep.I'm always tired

Tammy hi, your up from where I live ,I hail from Nova Scotia, Canada

~~~HUGS~~
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
SoccerMom

Hey davyb, I am always tired (beyond tired) & nothing I have tried has seemed to help. I am going to ask my GI when I see her again if I can try the B12 shota to see if they will help. I hope you start feeling better.
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
davyb

thanks guys, i think i`m going to to talk to my doctor about a B-12 shot. i`m up for trying anything basically. today i feel like a zombie and i got plenty of sleep
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
kissycole_1979

I am tired a lot too but I believe it's because I am taking Diovan for my high blood pressure. It has not been normal since I had my baby so I am on meds for that now along with Pentasa for crohn's and two inhalers for asthma. I hope you find something to help you. I know it sucks not having any energy. Sorry I don't have any useful advice.
02-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
ruthymg

[QUOTE=Tammy Smith]Hi
Im tired alot too. I no that some of my tiredness is due to the very cold weather we have been havin down here in Ontario or is it up there in Ontario? I have never taken b-12 shots I take iron pills multi-vitamin and vitamin d . Is everone else taken there vitamin D ? That helps our fragile bones (from being on pred. for so long) and replaces the sun that we dont get much here in the winter.

Hi Tammy, I should take the Vitamin D as I have bone thinning in my hips and spine but I don't. Tut tut, I hear you say lol. I know I should its just that when I was prescribed it about 4 years ago, the only pill they could give me was one that you had to crunch (yuk) and I wasn't too keen on the idea, thought it would make me vomit. Can't even stand the taste of paracetamol. So I was just wondering, do you have to crunch or chew yours? If I can get one that I can just swallow then I'll take it no problem.

Ruth
02-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
tonya_n_ky

Definitely give the B-12 a try. I get the B-12 and I still find myself worn out a lot so I can't imagine not getting the B-12. LOL Make sure u eat well balanced foods and try to exercise some. (I don't do this myself, lmao but I hear it helps) Good Luck. *hands you a pillow* just in case
02-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #12
TammySue62

My Support Groups:
Maggie-Muffin said:
hello, I take B12 shots,and pills for potassuim,and sleep.I'm always tired

Tammy hi, your up from where I live ,I hail from Nova Scotia, Canada

~~~HUGS~~

Yah your a few provinces awa from me lol
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
TammySue62

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=ruthymg]
Tammy Smith said:
Hi
Im tired alot too. I no that some of my tiredness is due to the very cold weather we have been havin down here in Ontario or is it up there in Ontario? I have never taken b-12 shots I take iron pills multi-vitamin and vitamin d . Is everone else taken there vitamin D ? That helps our fragile bones (from being on pred. for so long) and replaces the sun that we dont get much here in the winter.

Hi Tammy, I should take the Vitamin D as I have bone thinning in my hips and spine but I don't. Tut tut, I hear you say lol. I know I should its just that when I was prescribed it about 4 years ago, the only pill they could give me was one that you had to crunch (yuk) and I wasn't too keen on the idea, thought it would make me vomit. Can't even stand the taste of paracetamol. So I was just wondering, do you have to crunch or chew yours? If I can get one that I can just swallow then I'll take it no problem.

Ruth

Hi Ruth
My Vit. D is really small.Not to sure what your taken but is it Vit.-D lol
And mine i dont have to crush just swallow it whole with all my other meds.
02-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
ruthymg

[QUOTE=Tammy Smith]
ruthymg said:

Hi Ruth
My Vit. D is really small.Not to sure what your taken but is it Vit.-D lol
And mine i dont have to crush just swallow it whole with all my other meds.
Hi Tammy, I was prescribed Calcium and Ergocalciferol tablets, I always understood that these were a form of vitamin D. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. . . . . . .GNC crohns man?

Ruth
02-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #15
pb4

Exercising 4-5 days/week was the only thing that helped with my fatigue, I take B12 supplements too but never noticed much of a difference until I started exercising regularly which also helped with my depression and anxiety and sleep problems and mood, the list goes on.

02-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #16
TammySue62

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=ruthymg]
Tammy Smith said:

Hi Tammy, I was prescribed Calcium and Ergocalciferol tablets, I always understood that these were a form of vitamin D. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. . . . . . .GNC crohns man?

Ruth
I cant take calcium pills because it makes me go more often (the big D)then usual. And I dont no what Ergocalciferol Tabs are.
Like you said ask GNC CROHNS MAN where are YOU ? LOL RUTH

Later