• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohn's with past history of UC

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with Crohn's and am seeking advice and little day to day tricks and tips to stay healthy and positive.

A little bit about myself: I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 19. I suffered with the symtoms and medications of UC until I was 22 when my Doctor decided it was time for some major surgery. My first surgery was a complete colectomy w/J-pouch and temporary ileostomy. My second surgery was 4 months later to reverse my ostomy. I lived for two years quite comfortably. This past friday I found out that I have Crohns. My symptoms are severe abdominal pain (best described as if someone has punched me),and nausea and vomiting.

Thank you for your support

Hello Nethan and welcome to the Forum.

I too have both Crohn's & Colitis although I was diagnosed
with both at the same time.

You will many others like yourself here...
feel free to read through the forums,
any questions just ask away..(you probably have many)
Or if you want to just vent that is fine as well.

You will find plenty of support here
and hopefully make a few friends along the way.

Once again, welcome.
Healing Hugs~Nancy

Astra

Hi Nethan
and welcome

And what's your new med regime for the Crohn's? You shouldn't have to suffer in pain like this, and vomiting needs to be investigated too. Not something to be ignored.
Hope you find some comfort and support with us
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Currently I am taking 60mg of deaxalant once a day with hyoscimine for spasms and cramping. Back in January I was on a course of Cipro and Flagyl for 10 days