• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate Injection Question

I just started weekly Methotrexate injections last week. Do you count the day you gave the injection as day one, or the following day? I had the first injection last Friday and I am trying to figure out if I do it tomorrow or Friday? Of course I can call the doctor and ask, but I thought I would put it out to the group. Thanks so much!

Beth

Hey there!

When I did my injections, I did them every Monday. So I would count day one being the day after your injection. So once a week would just keep being on Friday. At least that's how I did the methotrexate, and I also do my Humira like that.

Hope this helps!

Hi there

I started my injections on a Friday and I keep injecting every Friday. It means I have a quiet Friday night and Saturday but I pick up a bit on Sunday - ready for work on Monday.

Good luck with your injections and stay in touch.

I did the same. Every Tuesday I got to sit there and try and talk myself into stabbing a needle into my belly, for a good solid half an hour! Lol! Man, did I ever hate putting a needle in myself!! lol!

I hear what you are saying FD I often feel real sick at the thought of having to do my jab. I tell myself not to be a pussy and try and think of a yummy treat to reward myself for jabbing my stomach with a pscychotoxic drug!:ybatty:

ameslouise

Every Monday for me, both Humira and Metho. So I can drag-ass during the week and feel good for the weekend!!!

I honestly don't mind the shots. I wish they were helping more, but they don't bother me.

- Amy

I had a problem with the "quick, dart like motion" and my injections freaked me out until one day I decided I didn't have to do that. It maybe hurts more now, because I don't "jab" I just push the needle in, but it doesn't phase me at all now.