Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Methotrexate Injection Question

02-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
CrohnsNYC

Methotrexate Injection Question

I just started weekly Methotrexate injections last week. Do you count the day you gave the injection as day one, or the following day? I had the first injection last Friday and I am trying to figure out if I do it tomorrow or Friday? Of course I can call the doctor and ask, but I thought I would put it out to the group. Thanks so much!

Beth
Augmentin

Failed: Remicade and Humira
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hey there!

When I did my injections, I did them every Monday. So I would count day one being the day after your injection. So once a week would just keep being on Friday. At least that's how I did the methotrexate, and I also do my Humira like that.

Hope this helps!

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
02-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Aura

Hi there

I started my injections on a Friday and I keep injecting every Friday. It means I have a quiet Friday night and Saturday but I pick up a bit on Sunday - ready for work on Monday.

Good luck with your injections and stay in touch.
Meds: 2.5mg Plendil ER. Azathioprine 100mg; Inhibace+ 12.5mg; gastrosoothe 60mg; Simvastatin 40mg; Loratadine 20mg; Fluoxetine 40mg; Provera 10mg; Metformin 2.55g; Cal d forte; 1.25mg, Humira; Panadol 4g; Pred 3mg
02-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Fog Ducker

I did the same. Every Tuesday I got to sit there and try and talk myself into stabbing a needle into my belly, for a good solid half an hour! Lol! Man, did I ever hate putting a needle in myself!! lol!

Dx UC: 2006. Dx CD: 2008
Current Meds: Remecade 800mg evry 6 weeks, Methatrexate 7.5mg once a week oraly, Asacol 800mg 3 times a day.
02-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Aura

I hear what you are saying FD I often feel real sick at the thought of having to do my jab. I tell myself not to be a pussy and try and think of a yummy treat to reward myself for jabbing my stomach with a pscychotoxic drug!
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
ameslouise

Every Monday for me, both Humira and Metho. So I can drag-ass during the week and feel good for the weekend!!!

I honestly don't mind the shots. I wish they were helping more, but they don't bother me.

- Amy
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I had a problem with the "quick, dart like motion" and my injections freaked me out until one day I decided I didn't have to do that. It maybe hurts more now, because I don't "jab" I just push the needle in, but it doesn't phase me at all now.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Methotrexate Injection Question