• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No sign but symptoms!

Hi there, I've had crohn's for 8 years now and have tried lots of medication and also had surgery to remove the terminal ilium. At the moment I am vomiting everyday and also going to the loo 4-10 times a day. I'm also having tummy pain and all the other symptoms of crohn's, BUT it isn't showing up in my blood tests and the dr's can't find anything on my colonoscopy. According to them I'm in remission. How can I be this ill while in remission? has anyone else had this problem? Please help.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi and :welcome:

My daughter didn't have a colonoscopy prior to diagnosis but she had CT Scans and loads of blood tests and they all came back normal right up until the night before emergency surgery for a ruptured bowel. If you are in remission you shouldn't be vomiting every day and unless you have short bowel syndrome then you shouldn't be going to the toilet that frequently either. Be your own best advocate and keep fighting until you get the right answers.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Take care, :)
Dusty

I think either you have active disease in the small bowel, that they can't see on colonoscopy (and blood tests arw not always reliable), or you could have scar tissue from your surgery affecting you. I would ask for something like a CT to check your small bowel and resection site.

Astra

Hi bonbon
and welcome fellow Brit

If I were you I'd go to A&E asap, vomiting is a sure sign something's wrong, ie blockage.
My gastro says never ignore vomiting, ever.
good luck and let us know how you get on
Joan xxx