Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Thickening in terminal ileum. How long until I feel better?

02-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
porter89xxx

Thickening in terminal ileum. How long until I feel better?

Hi everyone i ended up back in hospital, where they finally found thickening in my terminal ileum from a mri scan that they said was causing narrowing in the small bowel as i was vomitting and had the most horrendous pain they started treating me on IV steriods and left me over the weekend and saw how i went, it stopped the sickness as i was drinking the nutrional drinks and mash etc, now im home im on 40 mg of predisolone and weaner down every week by 10mg, however when im trying to eat im gagging and still being sick in some occasions and just feel so weak and sick constantly, im due to see my gi in the next 2 weeks to see how im getting on and obviously to see if i need to take anything elsel. My question is how long did it take for you to start feeling a bit better and did you guys have the same problem with the sickness, im not really tolerating alot of food and even toast is seeming to make me feel sick
02-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
chrisnsteph1022

My Support Groups:
I'm surprised you're having trouble eating on prednisone. Maybe call your GI and see if he'll call in some Zofran for the nausea while you wait for your appointment. I had a lot of trouble with nausea a couple weeks ago and ate a lot of toast and crackers. The zofran really helped.
Moderate/severe flare through entire colon 12/2010-10/2012
Lialda, omeprazole, Remicade, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Questran
Been on Asacol, prednisone, Apriso, Imuran, Entocort and Cimzia
FB support group
02-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
porter89xxx

im on cyclizine the anti sickness i feel like i want to eat, im tolerating more drinks and yoghurts angel delight etc, its things like toast and solid things that seem to be coming up am just wondering if it could be due to the inflammation and the narrowing
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
bushydougie

I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time porter but I am glad that they have found out what is going on in your body at last!
I can't comment on the eating part but when I started pred (and I was only on 20mg) it took 3 days to go from feeling shocking to nearly normal however I wasn't in as much pain as you and didn't have any known narrowing.
I hope that you get some relief soon. Let us know how you get on
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
DustyKat
Super Moderator

When Matt started on Prednisone I felt it wasn't working for him either. He still had low appetite and some pain. Eventually they found he had an abscess and it wasn't until that was treated that he started to pick up.

You must have active inflammation so did they give you antibiotics as well?

Do you still have pain, any sort of pain?

Dusty.
02-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
porter89xxx

Hi all, i have pain yeah and guess what the diareah has now returned with a vengence, i am drinking normal its when i eat solid foods its coming straight out again in clumps, toast i notice floating in the water, everything i have put into my mouth its in the toliet water along with some pain on the right side still, although the pain is not as bad as it was before, i have no idea what to do as im feeling weaker. has anyone else had this
07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
straker

My Support Groups:
anyone know what thickening of the terminal ileum is ?? also I have mesenteric lymphadenopathy./sorry to post on this thread I am still trying to work out how to get on the right section on this site as I am new and not very computer and forum savvy .,sorry to the originator of this post sound like you are having a hard time I wish you well I know about pain I have. and still am in pain following 3 spinal surgeries
STRAKER

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Thickening in terminal ileum. How long until I feel better?