• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Healing & dealing with Crohn's since 2000

Hello everybody, first time here.

I’ve been healing and dealing with Crohn’s disease for 10 years. Thin doesn't do my physique justice, I'm about 25 pounds underweight. Diarrhea three to five times a day isn't out of the ordinary; I call that Tuesday. GERD has been a struggle too, acid burn on and off for months at a time is quite depressing.

In 2009 a friend told me about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) and tried it for a year with good, but not great, success. But it got boring, and I got lazy; all last year I fell off the diet horse, eating carbs, sugar and other junk, and became very inflamed, losing a lot of weight again and feeling terrible overall.

Since last month I've been trying the Paleo diet and it's been the best thing I've tried for Crohn's yet; just with diet alone, and no medications, I'm able to completely eliminate diarrhea and GERD. I'm amazed and feel great that I finally have some control over things again.

Well that's a good introduction to me. If you're interested in more of my story and writings I have a personal web site at: happy-tummy. org

-happy tummy

Astra

Hi Happy tummy
and welcome

so glad your tummy is now happy!
I've read about the Paleo diet, but I have stopped eating red meat, I love dairy products and hate the idea of raw fish (sushi).
But each to their own, what works for one, may not for another.
Hope it keeps working for you.
Good luck
Joan xxx