Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Remedy For Skin Tags

02-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
jamilea

Remedy For Skin Tags

Hey Everyone,

So, I have anal skin tags because of the colitis. Now, I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but after carefully reading reviews and researching the company, I went ahead and spent about $26 on a 10ml bottle of Dermisil specifically for skin tags.

I've only been using it for 4 days, applying it 4 times per day and half of the skin tags are gone! They are gone. I looked in my hand mirror lol and oh my gosh, I feel somewhat normal again.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there because it never hurts for anyone to try, AND

Dermisil has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Can't beat that. Best $26 I've ever invested. Hope it works for others!!
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
partlycloudy

My Support Groups:
Wow, I had no idea such a product existed. Thanks for this review. My mom has skin tags on her neck and is terrified of surgical removal. I'll tell her about this.
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
jamilea

You're welcome, and neither did I. I do know you can tie off skin tags with dental floss, or make a paste out of baking soda and castor oil. So maybe if one doesn't work, the other will.
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
partlycloudy

My Support Groups:
I remove mine by icing for numbness, swishing with alcohol, then clipping with sterilized scissors.

The ones on my neck, I mean, lol. I don't have the other kind.

I'll tell her about the oil/soda. I don't think she'd go for the tying off as she's so paranoid about anything potentially painful.
02-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
jamilea

Well, Dermisil doesn't hurt at all. I just get a warm tingly feeling lol

I tied one off. Don't ask me how I managed to do it in that area haha, but that one did fall off within 3 days.

The castor oil and baking soda doesn't hurt. It does make you a little sore, but that's about it. I hear it works wonders for others.
02-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
chrisnsteph1022

My Support Groups:
I just ordered some! I have two large anal tags that developed after my first flare 8 years ago. They never went away. I hope it works!
Moderate/severe flare through entire colon 12/2010-10/2012
Lialda, omeprazole, Remicade, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Questran
Been on Asacol, prednisone, Apriso, Imuran, Entocort and Cimzia
FB support group
02-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
jamilea

I hope it works for you too. Remember, there are other natural options in case it doesn't. The baking soda and castor oil were working pretty well for me before. I would just get a bit too sensitive from it. Everyone's different.
02-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
partlycloudy

My Support Groups:

I tied one off. Don't ask me how I managed to do it in that area haha, but that one did fall off within 3 days.
I am impressed!
02-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
jamilea

I am impressed!

lol it seriously was a challenge. The other ones are flat so I don't think tying them off would feel all that great. Ew!
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
jamilea

I'm amazed right now. My skin tags are almost completely gone now. I seriously feel like a human being again lol
02-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Gonna have to order some of this. Thanks for the info!
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
Jer's Girl

Thanks so much for posting this! I love when we can help each other out on this site! I really hope it works for me too, but mine are pretty big and I have had them since high school.
02-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #13
Jer's Girl

Okay I just bought some! I'll let you all know how it works for me!
02-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #14
jamilea

I've read on different websites that big skin tags might take an extra week or two to fall off.

Everyone cross their fingers. I'll be really happy if this can help some of you.

Why should we have to live with those things anyway
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
Jer's Girl

If it took a week or two to get rid of something that I have been having to deal with for about ten years, I would be very very pleased. Thanks again.
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
jamilea

No problem! One thing I do suggest is to only check the progress once every 3 days. I say that because it's just like losing weight, etc. You will acquire body dysmorphia if you check too often. You won't notice the progress and will get discouraged. I've been doing that so I stopped. Much better that way.
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Sarac8275

My Support Groups:
Definately need to check into this Dermisil stuff-- I had a hemorrhoidectomy right before they found out I had Crohns and apparently it didn't heal up well so what I have now are anal skin tags that are terribly painful and they can't do surgery right now because of the risk that, since I have Crohns, I won't heal from the surgery. Do you think the Dermisil might help me any?
02-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #18
jamilea

That, I'm not sure about. Only because I don't know much of anything lol If it were me, I'd call the company and ask them. I don't see how it would hurt because they are natural ingredients.

I don't know honestly. The product says it's for skin tags. They are getting rid of mine and so many others. I don't see the harm. Good luck!
02-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #19
Jer's Girl

I'm on day number three and my bum is pretty sore. Still no change in the tags, but it is early. The stuff does have a pretty strong smell.

All worth it if it works of course!
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
jamilea

how is it working? i only have two tags left and had to go back to the baking soda and castor oil mix bc the dermisil was drying me out too much...
03-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #21
Jer's Girl

It didn't work for me, but still, thanks for posting.
03-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
jamilea

I tied a couple of them off with dental floss, you can google this. it cuts off the circulation of the tag and it falls off. that worked for me. For the flat ones, baking soda and castor oil paste dried some out enough that part of it started to separate from the skin. I sterilized some new nail clippers and clipped off the rest and put on peroxide. Its not bad at all and only bleeds like a pimple. Different methods work for different people. It was trial and error for me. Its worth it to me to feel normal again.

I do advise consulting with a doctor first.
03-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
JetWhite

Thanks I was unaware of these skin tags but now I know not to be worried and also how to deal with them if/when I get them

This forum's great

Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis October 2009

Azathioprine 125mg/day (at night)
Asacol - 1200g 2 x day
Amiltriptyline 50mg/day gradually increasing
Predfoam for flare ups and more than I expected
Tramadol with paracetamol, more than I anticipated
Various daily supplements inc Multi-vits with iron
and watching what I consume

Sometimes : Pred tablets
Calcichew & Alendronic Acid ; Calcichew taste nice

I am so very glad to have joined the forum

03-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
Sarac8275

My Support Groups:
I tied a couple of them off with dental floss, you can google this. it cuts off the circulation of the tag and it falls off. that worked for me. For the flat ones, baking soda and castor oil paste dried some out enough that part of it started to separate from the skin. I sterilized some new nail clippers and clipped off the rest and put on peroxide. Its not bad at all and only bleeds like a pimple. Different methods work for different people. It was trial and error for me. Its worth it to me to feel normal again.

I do advise consulting with a doctor first.
Gah, that sounds PAINFUL! I couldn't ever imagine doing that with mine, but then again mine are really bunched up and close to eachother or something.. eitherway, ouch! Just sounds so painful. But if it works for you, more power to ya, lol.
03-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I had a small skin tag near my eye once and bought a new eyeliner around the same time. I used the eyeliner for about a week (putting it over the skin tag cause it was in the right path for it) and realized that it was getting smaller so I applied it thicker during the day and dabbed some on at night and a few days later, it was gone.

The eyeliner is a black liquid and is made by Prestige Cosmetics and its in a little bottle. I think it cost me like $5 back when I bought it.

Now I just need something for moles. Maybe I'll try it on one of my moles and come back with a report.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
03-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #26
jamilea

Moles are so cute, don't get rid of them! My skin tags are gone!!!!
12-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #27
manh2244

i have a question about the castor oil/baking soda method. can the castor oil be from the drug store (the kind used as a laxative), or does it need to be cold pressed?
12-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
jamilea

regular drug store castor oil. my tags are still gone!
12-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #29
manh2244

thanks for the quick response! this is a larger skin tag (somewhere between the size of a nickel and a dime), so i'm thinking it will take a bit longer. i placed a bandaid over the tag after applying the castor oil/baking soda paste, and then i put some duct tape on top in order to secure everything in place.

how long would you say this process took for you, and what was the size of your skin tag (if you don't mind me asking)? will it eventually fall off on its own, or will i need to eventually snip it off?
12-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #30
jamilea

well, I think it was a week, a lil over, they were small....i did tie one off with dental floss, it felt sore but fell off in a few days... don't give up...be sure to disinfect along the way with peroxide...stay on it, be aggressive...

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Remedy For Skin Tags