• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie saying hi!

Hello everyone

I am new one here, i have been diagnosed a few years now but suffering my first proper flare up right now and really struggling to cope with it, more emotionally than physically.

I cant bare being unable to be active, im so tired all the time and so miserable. I know this doesnt help, but i am stuck in these same four walls all day and night and I dont feel like I am getting better. The back ache is so painful, is this normal?

I have a very small support network and dont know much about this disease, I am single and dont get how I am ever going to find love with me being like this :( i find it so confusing. I am hoping to make some new friends who have a little bit of an idea about what I'm feeling. I feel like no one understands and I am so alone.

Sorry for the miserable opener, just the way I feel right now.

One thing is for sure I will never say "I cant be bothered to go gym today" again!! lol

Em xx

Last edited:
Dear Em,
You are not alone! You will always find support here. As for the back ache, that didn't start for me until a few years ago. I have had Crohn's (diagnosed) for 26 years. One thing you will find is that each and every one of us is different to a degree.

You are allowed to be miserable, you are hurting! Like I said each of us is different but I can tell you that I can't sit for long either. It makes my joint pain worse & feeds into the depression. Even if I just put on a bit of music & walk around my house, it helps.

Keep coming back. The people here are wonderful and will always lend an ear.

Michele

Thankyou Ive been having a read through the posts, some good stuff on here and I know i am not REALLY alone, i just really feel it, I think that my friends just feel like i am moaning all the time :-(

On pred right now, so cant sleep :-( Joy!! x

Welcome Em!

I just happened across this message board a few days ago and it's really wonderful! I feel like I can ask almost anything and get a thoughtful answer right away....

...and don't worry about finding that perfect mate. They always turn up in the strangest of places!

Cheers!

Astra

Hi Em
and welcome fellow Brit

You're so not alone with this, we're all here for you, lots of friends for you.
Have you had all your bloods checked recently? B12 deficient can make you tired and iron levels, anaemia, and are you taking extra vitimins and calcium, Pred is a bone robber!
Insomnia is a killer! I used to take mine at 6am everyday to combat this.
I found love 19 months ago after a painful divorce from ex, you will too, but get this current flare under control first, you might not be able to control it, but you can manage it. Try to change your mind set, keep telling yourself it's temporary, and this too will pass.
Glad you found us, any questions, fire away, or vent any time you want!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Yeah i had some bloods taken last week when i went to the doctors about my flare up, I wasnt even sure if i was having a flare up as id never had one before and only had half the symptoms of a flare up. My iron levels came back very low and I am apparantly anemic, my energy levels are so low, i hate it. I have medication for this now and am on pred and the normal asacol i have been taking for the last 2.5 years.

I asked my doctor about calcium tablets but she said i will only need them if i am on a long term steroid course, and currently it is being reduced weekly. Its so confusing knowing what to do :-(

As for finding love ? I doubt that will ever happen now, I have enough issues and insecurities without the crohns :-( Now I'm definately unloveable!

Hope this site will be good for me :)

Hi Em,

Glad you found this forum! I'm new to Crohn's (diagnosed late last year,) and this site has helped me tremendously! There's lots of great info, and people here!

Ah, and i'm single too.. but i'm not looking.. i figure when it's meant to happen it will come. And that when it does happen you will know it.. and that person will love you for you.. no matter what. You know you can't help what the heart wants.. and it works the same way for men. When love happens.. it happens.. :0)..

Hope things get brighter for you! This site will be a blessing! It's so great to connect with others who really understand, and have been there. It's difficult at times trying to explain to friends or family who dont know about this disease. Just because we look great on the outside, doesn't always mean we feel fabulous on the inside. :)
Stay positive! and much love!