• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's...maybe?

Hello. First--I have not been diagnosed with CD. I am a 28-year-old female, and I've been having symptoms ever since giving birth to my son almost 6 months ago. I am a runner, and first started noticing right-sided abdominal pain when I resumed running. I shook it off as post-partum related, but it continued to get worse. It is very bad now. When I run, I get stabbing/pulling abdominal pain. It is worse on the right, but I get it on the left side, too. I occasionally have bloody diarrhea after running, but I know that a lot of other runners do too.

In the last month, the right side aches all the time...even when I'm not running. The pain is in the mid/lower right upper quadrant, and it radiates around my back and to my right flank. I have had a CT with barium, which was normal. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy next week. I do not know much at all about Crohn's--I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the pain becoming much worse during physical activity and also it spreading to the side/flank area. Thank you!

Astra

Hi unhappy
and welcome

I'm not sure about the physical exercise bit, or the bleeding, but I know I had pain where you have it, it was excruciating pain, stabbing and creasing me. Then I started to vomit violently, I knew then something was wrong, I went to hospital, I was blocked, but I had explosive diarrhea too!
Hopefully a scope will find something, and go to A&E if you vomit.
Others will be on to advise too
lotsa luv
Joan xxx