• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story.....

Hi, I'm Pattie,

I suffer from Crohns and Colitis, I was diagnosed 6 years ago. Every year since I was diagnosed I have flared up. It always happens around spring time and each flare seems to take longer and higher doses of medication is needed to put it in remission. I have been hospitalised twice. After my second trip to the hospital they discovered Giardia. They treated me for this and for my flare and I went home on the road to recovery. Things were great until I got sick after a month. They did more tests and discovered I had C.diff which has flared my Crohns/colitis again. I think its common to contract this in hospitals. I am now in the process of trying to get the C.diff under control but it seems to be taking its time. I am just about to start another round of Pred. which I'm not looking forward to.

This disease has affected my quality of life and I struggle to work at times because I have to go to the toilet all the time. I also can't go out because I am worried I won't make it to the toilet. I try to keep positive but somtimes it's hard when your in pain or can't stop going to the toilet. I hope things get better soon.

Thanks for reading my story.

Astra

Hi Pattie
and welcome

Hopefully the Pred will kick in and help with some issues, I wish you luck!
In the meantime, know that we're all here for you, any advice or for a rant and rave!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx