• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting again :(

I was first diagnosed with CD in 1989. Went through every medication and was on steroids for 6 yrs. Life was awful. Had a resection in 1998. Was in remission for a long time. Went about living and then started to ignore symptoms, just had a colonoscopy, endoscope & CT on 2/21/11, and found out CD is back. Dr put me on 6MP & Pentasa. Now I have to learn how to live again with it. Not very happy at the moment. I remember what bad shape I was in before my surgery and don't want to go back to that. Hope to make some news friends here.

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of people here to provide help and suport.

Sorry to hear that things have started-up again. Treatment has moved since your last brush with this disease, so lets hope that you will not end-up in as bad shape as before.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Hi, Phyllis. I agree with Mark. Things have come a very long way treatment wise. Hard to see that though when you have been through hell and made it out the other side without the devil noticing, huh? (hey, that could be a country song ;) ).

Some very, very smart people that are very kind and are willing to share come to this site. I have been dealing with this over 26 years and I learn stuff everyday! Plus, it helps to just laugh or cry with others, ya' know?

Take care and keep coming back,
Michele

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Phylis, :bigwave: sorry you are ill again, but this is par for the dreaded disease. I am sure you are having your bloods tested whilst on 6mp because it can affect your liver, some right away. I too had 2 recections. As much as this disease stinks, I try not to have any expectations and live day to day because it can change. Lets hope your flares are very short and get back into the groove!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome, Phyllis! I am sorry to hear your CD is back. Hopefully, you caught it early and your meds will give it the boot for many more years of remission! By the way, very cute picture of you and your family!

Astra

Hi Phyllis
and welcome

So sorry this has reared it's ugly head again, but hopefully you'll get some relief with the Pentasa and 6MP combo.
You'll defo make some new friends here!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx