• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm just hear today to vent :(

I have been extremely sick w/throwing up that is very violent. I am lightheaded and feel like passing out. I have really bad chest pain, back pain. These pains are from being so sick, and so nothing cardiac related. Had to go to hospital, where I was given multiple IVs due to dehydration. I am still dehyrdated and still very sick days later. I have been to the dr due to symptoms butthere is not much that can be done besides blood work and watch for symptoms. I take injections for Crohns. Had surgery several months ago where I had part of small and large intestine removed. I have been told that possibly the surgery site is inflammed/infected. Help!!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this! I don't have any advice for you, but be persistent with your doctors! You shouldn't be dismissed - your symptoms are serious. And if you feel your doctors aren't taking you seriously, move onto to someone who will! I wish you luck and hope you will start feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear this Crohnie. Don't hesitate to go back to the ER if you need to. I hope you feel better.

ameslouise

HI Crohnie - Have you asked your doc to check your gallbladder? Vomitting with chest and back pain sounds like it could be gallstones. I never had vomitting when I had gallstones, but I know several people that did. And the dead giveaway is tight chest pain (like someone has a belt and is cinching you around the chest) and stabbing back pain in between the shoulders. If that sounds like you, get the gallbladder checked!

Any surgery or condition that significantly changes your absorbtion can lead to gallstones.

Good luck - hope you get some relief soon.

-Amy

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I agree that it could be gallstones. Is there a Norwalk Virus in your area? I am teacher and a few weeks ago, many students and teachers were hit with violent bouts of vomiting. Some of my coworkers claimed that they had body aches, but no fever with the vomiting.

Vomitting is one of my main symptoms when I'm having a flare up of Crohn's so it could just be Crohn's. But you should get it checked out if you think it's something else! you know your own body better than anyone
hope you get better
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Crohnie

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. Don't hesitate to go back to the hospital, your symptoms sound very serious!!! Sounds like Gallstones to me too. Hope you get sorted soon.

Hugs

Paula
x

Sorry your so sick, don't be afraid to get a second opinion...... When I was 25 I was super sick and my mother who is one of my best advocates, and tired of seeing me struggle and not get answers from the DR's I had been seeing sprung the money for me to go to the Mayo Clinic in MN.... This was one of the best experiences I have ever had dealing with this crazy unpredictable disease. Get well soon!!!

Thanks everyone for the responses. You are all so understanding. To redlocks: My mother has also recommended going to Mayo Clinic. How long were you at Mayo when you were there? How were they able to help yoU? I'm on Humira now which hasn't been the miracle drug that I once thought it would be.

And as far as it goes for further symptoms, if symptoms don't improve, I'm just told by drs to go back to the hosp, so we'll see...

So when I went to the Mayo Clinic it was a whirl wind experience, so organized, professional on top of things, When I arrived they gave me an hour bye hour itinerary for test to be done and doctors to see... I was there for 5 days getting test alone with multiple doctors visits. I had 2 undiagnosed Perianal Fistulas( made it uncomfortable to sit) and was throwing up bile, nothing I ate would stay down. The thing that I was most impressed about was how when you saw a doctor you saw a team of people together that are their to work on your problem together, these people are very serious about finding a solution for you asap, these Doctors are some of the best at what they do, and some of the patients are there for last ditch efforts to help their health. From my experience I took away that they don't want the patient there any longer than the patient wants to be. By the time I was Checked out it was 5 days later and I had a new regimen, finally prescribed Remicade which doctors at home would not do for me. I'll write more if would like later, but I have to go get a Pedicure my feet HURT!!!! Hope this helps.... That which does not kill us makes us stronger. : )