Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » The Lovely Crohns Skin Rash (eye roll)

03-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Lee

My Support Groups:
The Lovely Crohns Skin Rash (eye roll)

Oddly enough I've had this same skin rash for years prior to my crohns diagnosis. I have a very very mild form of this skin rash (on me it appears in patches that range from spots smaller than a dime to as large as a quarter). I've tried many lotions for spot treatments like Cetaphil & Eucerin, etc. I have actually found something that works for me I have normal to dry skin. I continue to put it on the areas where the spots used to beThe product is by CO Bigelow (it's a more expensive Bath & Body Works product, $15 an 8 oz/226 g jar). It's called Lemon & Pomegranate Body Cream. Again my case is very minor & if I had a major case I be getting Humira injections.
03-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Lee! I get the same thing, but it comes and goes with flares. I use Bath and Body Works Shea It Isn't So, also expensive but it works great. Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion works pretty well for me; you might try it, if it doesn't work for you at least it's cheap lol!

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
03-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Lee

My Support Groups:
Hello! I can always tell a new spot has popped up somewhere because I get an itch there. I also have the shea butter and I will go out and buy some vaseline intensive care lotion---much cheaper Thanks!
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Us sensitive skin girls have to stick together lol...be sure to get the Intensive Rescue, not Intensive Care-it comes in a white and blue bottle, and for a huge bottle it's $4 at Target.
03-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
Lee

My Support Groups:
Intensive Rescue...Thanks! I read so fast sometimes I miss important information

Does my ghostly white--pale face give my sensitive skin away LOL Sun bathing is ultimately out of the question

I really feel for anyone who has a major form of this rash.
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yep, it's like looking in a mirror for me lol! You'll be glad you didn't sunbathe when you're older, I'm gonna turn 39 and people always think I'm in my late 20's/early 30's! I've never tanned, which is something of a feat in Southern California, many people say I'm ghostly, but I prefer the term "Pale Porcelain Princess" lol!
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
Domsmom

My Support Groups:
If you want to go the expensive route...Argonne has a lotion that work wonders.

Current meds: None

Past meds:
Asacol
Pentasa
Prednisone
Imuran
Cipro
Flagyl
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
Lee

My Support Groups:
Mountaingem~ When I think of southern California I think of the beach. My mother has always told me to stay out of the sun & I have listened. I have girlfriends who did the tanning bed thing during the winter months and lived on the beach all summer long from middle school on & it is very obvious. I've gotten the ghostly comment too: I'm 30 now but I had this weekend job in high school and one of the guys I worked with used to call me Casper...lol He was a guy who tanned. When I go to the shore (as people in Jersey call it) I wear a hat, long sleeve shirt & shorts down to my knees.

Domsmom~For a while my mother used Argonne, but I've never tried it on my rash. I didn't have a rash when she used it.
03-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
margie

I don't have the skin rash yet, if I do, it comes and goes very quickly, but the itching is absolutely horrible. Lately since all of my symptoms with whatever is going on with me has started, I itch so bad that I can literally scratch myself raw and still doesn't take the itch away. Is the itching part of the skin problem with Crohns then too. I am not on any meds yet, so I know that it isn't a side affect of any drugs?

Margie
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Chuck2008

When I was first diagnosed with crohns I got a round rash/nodule on my right shin and its been there for 2 years now ever since, although it fades when I'm in remission. Kind of like a mood ring .
03-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
Tina_86

Hi there, in the past lot of months I have been getting very red, blotchy areas in my arms and back, nearly like really dry skin only stands out a lot more! I re-read my leaflets for medication and was thinkin maybe thats what was causing it, though after reading this thread Im now thinking this is just another 'symptom' of crohns??
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
stupidbody!

I had no idea this was so common with crohn's. I've had what I assumed to be eczema on my hands 5 years before being diagnosed. It went away completely when I was on prednisone, but creeped back up on Humira. Maybe I'll see a dr. about it now. My husband does everything water related! Neutrogena hand cream is my favorite to put on it. I've noticed anything with oil seems to lock in the heat and moisture which makes it unbearably itchy!
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
julies-child

My Support Groups:
i get extremely itchy for no reason with no dots. then i can get itchy with dots.think it is all related

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » The Lovely Crohns Skin Rash (eye roll)