Share Facebook

09-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #601
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Well, you could try the passive-aggressive approach. If you are leaving in less than 2 weeks, you could try "oh, we are moving in such a short amount of time, I just haven't had time to stop! it will be over soon!
09-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #602
Jessica

I'm sure I'll be fine. The count down has begun. We get keys in 8 days. She's gone for a week, which means we can pack and clean in peace.

It's just one of those things where we shouldn't have stayed so long. I usually can brush off people and what they do. But if you pound away at me enough, I'll break and won't be able to take so much. She's my "pseudo mother-in-law" so I have to break before her. At least until I get out of her house. Until then, my boyfriend has done the dirty work.

Oh, and just found out she left this morn. Think tonight I might buy a bottle of wine.
(yes, I still love her though)
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #603
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
I know what you mean. My in laws are wonderful people and I love them to bits. They come for over a month every blessed year. I am ready to go to the loony bin by the time they finally get on the plane otta here. But like I said, love them to bits.
09-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #604
Jessica

Seems her main bitch about me is that I don't always eat her cooking. Straight from the dad's mouth too!

HELLO! I HAVE CROHN'S!!

She always seems like such a health conscious woman, and telling me to take CoQ10 with my Beta Blocker and stuff. But she doesn't get my eating habits?! She always tells me that she'd end up cooking it even if I didn't eat it. Now I find out she's got a different story?! WTF! I'm finally in remission and I don't want to jinx it quite yet.

Give me an effin' break!

7 days and counting.
09-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #605
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Breathe, breathe! 7 more days....

Last edited by MADiMarc; 09-09-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Typo
09-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #606
Cinny

Found out I didn't get accepted to do a masters course and got a letter from consultant saying test results show my crohns isn't under control and I need to have infliximab more often.Ive had a few cries about it but everytime I do I get stomach pains.Scared that I need surgery.Sick of being tired all the time and parents mistaking it for laziness.Makes me even more depressed that boyfriend starts 32 weeks of paras training soon.
09-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #607
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
So sorry, hon. Maybe the extra infliximab will help, and you can try again next semester when you're healthier? Good luck to you.
4 procedures in March/April 2010 to remove a kidney stone
Dx'd Dyshidrotic Eczema April 2011
Dx'd Pancreatitis July 2011
2nd bowel resection 10/12/11 - I have 130cm of small intestines left!
Dx'd Chronic gastritis April 2012

Currently taking:
Cholestyramine powder 1-2x daily
Remicade 5mg/kg every 8 wks
Vitamin D3, B12
09-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #608
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Found out I didn't get accepted to do a masters course and got a letter from consultant saying test results show my crohns isn't under control and I need to have infliximab more often.Ive had a few cries about it but everytime I do I get stomach pains.Scared that I need surgery.Sick of being tired all the time and parents mistaking it for laziness.Makes me even more depressed that boyfriend starts 32 weeks of paras training soon.
I'm sorry to hear that. They say, "The universe laughs when you make plans." Sometimes the plans you made for yourself aren't what life has in store for you. Lately I have been having a tough time accepting that. But once one path is closed to you, you can start looking at your options and set goals for yourself. You can apply to that program again, right? And hopefully your doc can make some changes in your treatment and get you better. I know it's tough right now, but you'll find a way.

We know you aren't lazy. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #609
Goldfish

Sorry Cinny, that's rotten and of course you are disappointed. I would be too. I am sure though that you will get a chance next time and dont give up on it. I didn't get into a couple of jobs I really wanted years ago the first time round but my determination meant I got there eventually. You might need this time to look after yourself and get sorted. That is the main thing and if you started a course that you couldn't attend due to illness then that would be a nightmare, stress you out more and make you worse. Dont worry it will all work out I'm sure.
I am more disappointed that your parents dont understand that you are ill not lazy. Just hope that they click soon and give you the support you need.

Pentasa 4 times a day
09-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #610
Cinny

Thanks guys feels a lot better to vent to people that understand.x
09-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #611
Carrie630
The Prettiest Princess

My Support Groups:
for the past two days I've been so sick I can barely move. First it was D which seems to be taking a break at the moment. but every single muscle in my body is weak. even typing is difficult i dragged myself into work, but I don't know how I'll ever function. It was difficult enouh just to write this post, and I work in IT! typing all day.
09-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #612
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Oh hon, so sorry you are going through the nasties. Big hugs (not too tight) going out to you.
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #613
tiloah

My Support Groups:
ARRRRGHGHGHGHG. I know NOTHING about customs in the UK, so I mistakenly paid Royal Mail to get my package out (they didn't have my package) and now they won't ******* refund my money! I want to scream and cry. I AM FURIOUS!
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #614
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
I HATE PREDNISONE!!!

Oh my God, I am so ready to get off this roller coaster! I have been on 40mg for over a month, just went to 35mg today. I slept in so horribly late (it felt amazing!) today because I had to take an Ativan last night. So I took my pred today a lot later than I usually would - now I will be up for 2 days straight.....

But that's not really the worst of it, I am getting the shakes so bad! I can literally feel when it kicks in, today I got so dizzy, every time I stand up and try to walk I feel like I just got off one of those spinning rides at the fair.

On the plus side it is really helping my gut right now. Taking the good with the bad I suppose.
09-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #615
Jessica

I get tremors from my thyroid, so they stuck me on the smallest dose of a beta-blocker possible. It helped enough that I was happy. Since, I've had to increase it a little.

I'd ask about that if you want. I know it's another medication. But it's helped with my heart palpatations and hand/leg tremors. I think it would help you sleep too. They always warned me about how it knocks you out sometimes when taken at night. It helps keep me relaxed.

I was put on 25mg of Atenolol to start. It's the smallest dose they manufacture. Maybe for a little while it would help you get over the hump of the pred.

I was really bad. When I had my foot on the break, my knee would jump around. I couldn't handwrite worth shit, not even a signature. So so embarassing. Ha, couldn't cut my dinner either now that I remember an episode. Ugh.

Sorry for being so scatterbrained through this post. Hope it helps. If not, please feel better.
09-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #616
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I have tremors as well. If the 25 mg Atenolol suggested is too much, you might try asking for Propranalol 10 mg. Also a beta blocker, with much the same side effects as Atenolol. As far as the dosages being to much.... I am on 80 mg a day for my tremors. If it wasn't for propranalol, I would have as much problems with my tremors as I have had with the crohns.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin
09-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #617
beth

My Support Groups:
I appear to have swapped foot pain for back pain... and I much preferred the foot pain. This flipping hurts and I haven't even done anything to trigger it this time.
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #618
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I had applied for a supervisor's position. Just got the word that I did not get the job. Makes me wonder why I have spent 25 years here. Not a good day.
09-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #619
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
So sorry Doug.

I am holding off adding any more meds to my diet right now since I'm about to have surgery. I'm not doing much except hanging around the house trying not to expend calories (LOL - while I'm on pred - it's a constant battle). I play a lot of video games and putz around online a lot, but the pred makes me want to get up and do laundry or vacuum or tear out my wilted garden beds out front. Stuff I'm not allowed to do right now. I got a survey in the mail about my recent hospital stay. When I tried to fill it out, my handwriting looked worse than my third grader's. It was all shaky like my grandmother's! It freaked me out, but I literally couldn't hold the pen still. It's so much easier to type!!!

And then there's the fact that it's 1:10 and I'm wide awake, sweating to death, sitting online because I can't sleep.....

Hope everyone else is going well. Seriously what I feel like right now....
09-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #620
25times

I thought that decreasing my dosage of pred would stop all the side effects, but it hasn't. I'm on 10mg right now, and I still go two days without sleeping, still have a fat face, still get super anxious and manic at times, still sweat like a sumo wrestler.. I hate it. The other night I was so desperate for some sleep, I took ativan, seroquel and amitriptyline. I didn't sleep til 12 hours later. And my GI is totally unsupportive about it.

Today I tried to drive myself to the doctor, because I was having severe(!) chest pains, for the first time ever. It was worse than any pain I have ever experienced. I guess I passed out in the hallway of my building, because I woke up in an ambulance. They thought I was having a heart attack or a pulmonary embolism. I was hooked up to heart moniters for 4 hours, because my heart rate kept spiking. Then they thought I had a perforated bowel from my colonoscopy last week. Then pneumonia (I've had a chest infection since thursday.) It was ridiculous. Turns out I had a chest virus, and it "attacked" the tissues between my breast bone and ribs, so it's all inflamed. I was given morphine all day, and sent home with regular tylenol. My GI was consulted, since they thought it was crohns related (of course) and he wouldn't let them give me anything stronger than tylenol. I feel like shit. I'm supposed to be in remission, and I feel worse now than I have in months. What is the point of being on these medications to help the crohns, if they're just gonna make me sick all the time? I would rather be in a flare, with excellent painkillers and antinausea meds, than on remicade and imuran and prednisone, with no "symptom helpers" when I'm gonna be sick anyways. I still have diarrhea, cramping, sharp stomach pains, dull achy stomach pains, joint pains... And now chest pains. I know it's the lesser of two evils, but was I wrong in thinking that remission meant "normal?"
Ovarian tumor (getting removed!)
Possible multiple sclerosis diagnosis

Remicade (With Benadryl)
Imuran
Tylenol 4
Zofran/Maxeran/Gravol
Baclofen
Nexium
Seroquel
09-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #621
muppet

Moon face takes a long time to go away. Weeks.

Anxiety (sleeplessness) can, too, especially if you're prone to it without pred.
09-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #622
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Got a memo from work the other day that someone who worked in the same office area that I did last week has possible MRSA!....Of course, they didn't specify when or at what work station the person was stationed.....so I have no idea if I was exposed to them.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #623
Carrie630
The Prettiest Princess

My Support Groups:
pasobuff, you should be able to contact HR, specify that you have an auto-immune disease and its very important for you to be able to evaluate how likely it is that you were exposed. They can't tell you who had the issue, but they should be able to tell you if they worked at the same workstation or at the same times of day. have you had mrsa before?
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #624
muppet

I'm not sure that's true. HR is most likely to tell you that you should assume you were exposed and proceed with that assumption. That means getting tested, cultured, etc.
09-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #625
Carrie630
The Prettiest Princess

My Support Groups:
I guess it's dependent on your HR department then, because ours is a little more forthcoming with information. We have a very large building with multiple bathrooms so the whole office is just not going to get exposed to one person's infection.
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #626
Jessica

Just found out yesterday that I have high triglycerides AGAIN. Awesome. So, this is how my life works out... I get stressed (enter Grave's & Crohn's issues) which means I have to eat carbs like bread and potatoes (enter high triglycerides). WTF?! So, I guess this just means I have to eliminate stress? Ha, ya right.

The nurse was like "it only requires a diet change, so try to eat less carbs". I was like "um, I can't have any diet changes b/c of my Crohn's". DUH!

And I repeat, Awesome. Time to call and have the report faxed. Let's just see how high this is.
09-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #627
muppet

Why do you find that you need carbs when you're stressed out? Do you get a benefit to your Crohn's from carbs? That's pretty interesting. Most research I've read says the exact opposite.

Sarah and I still haven't started the keto diet we're planning because we were delayed by first the hurricane and then other family stuff.. but we'll probably start very soon.
09-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #628
Jessica

Carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes help calm my Crohn's down and keep it under control. Example: I'm okay to have a salad, if I eat bread with it (croutons or just a piece of bread & butter).
09-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #629
muppet

This is one of the reasons that I think "Crohn's" is probably 2 or 3 different diseases sometimes. There are flat out contradictory testimonials and research all over the place, or it seems that way.
09-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #630
Jessica

Yup, no information is the same... just like the disease isn't the same for everyone. Oh, another carb... pb&j. Those seem to rule my life lately.