Share Facebook

05-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #991
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Thought I had replied.......rash is still red, blisters are not as bad and not really painful.

Walked in poison ivy yesterday but no ill effects so far - and yes I did scrub after!!!!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
06-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #992
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
decided to shampoo part of the living room carpet yesterday morning while I was the only one home - was holding the vacuum and trying to get the bag off (Kirby upright vacuum) and I squashed my thumb! Right along the nail bed/cuticle.....can't wait to see what it looks like growing out....ouch!
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #993
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Out of remission. Remicade isn't working anymore. On to Humira, and alot more Methotrexate *sigh*. I should be grateful I still have meds to use, that the flare isn't nowhere near as bad as it could be, but this just SUCKS!

I've had Crohn's since I was 14 and I'll be 40 in September-I think I've served my time with this damned disease.

And today a friend of mine sends me pics of her doing this cool exercise class where you learn to do tricks like in Cirque de Soliel with the caption "I wish you could do this." And I'm thinking, "I wish I could eat without pain and climb a flight of stairs, b*tch."-seriously WTF is wrong with people?

-end of rant.

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #994
CLynn

If you ever figure out wtf is wrong with them, please share with me!! LOL!
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #995
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'd like to know as well! People are so stupid sometimes.

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
06-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #996
CLynn

And wouldn't you know it, all the idiots come to the bank.....lol!
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #997
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
And wouldn't you know it, all the idiots come to the bank.....lol!
I thought they come to where I work!!!!!.....grrrr
06-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #998
CLynn

LOL! Maybe they grab a flight to annoy us both!
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #999
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
LOL and the hospital!! I work in Radiology at the local hospital and holy shit, there are some real weirdoes and dum basses that come in!

This woman was in here before and had this horrible cough and was NOT covering her mouth! I offered her a mask that she could put on if she felt like she could not cover her mouth. lol I'm in a mood today...
06-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #1000
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
decided to shampoo part of the living room carpet yesterday morning while I was the only one home - was holding the vacuum and trying to get the bag off (Kirby upright vacuum) and I squashed my thumb! Right along the nail bed/cuticle.....can't wait to see what it looks like growing out....ouch!
Sorry paso, I know that really had to hurt! I hate smashing my fingers
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #1001
CLynn

LOL and the hospital!! I work in Radiology at the local hospital and holy shit, there are some real weirdoes and dum basses that come in!

This woman was in here before and had this horrible cough and was NOT covering her mouth! I offered her a mask that she could put on if she felt like she could not cover her mouth. lol I'm in a mood today...
You know, you and I are close enough that they could drive between us, lol!
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #1002
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Watch out, she did say she had to go to the bank next
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1003
CLynn

Bahhhaahaahaaahhhaaa!!!
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #1004
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
I thought remission was going to be great, but I haven't stopped having problems. Woke up Sunday morning with the right half of my face swollen. Can't find any sort of spot or bite which could be causing the swelling. The cheekbone hurts, it's not crazy bad unless I touch it.

I went to my GP and he had no idea what it was, he brought up Bell's Palsy (weird) but said I didn't show enough of the symptoms. He gave me a 12 day prednisone dose pack (hooray.) I'm not running a fever but I can't regulate my temperature, I either feel like I'm freezing, or I'm sweating buckets. I'm so tired of all this crap!!

If it gives any of you hope, there is this: my 9 year old son wants to be a scientist when he grows up. He is going to find the cure for Crohn's so I never have to hurt anymore. Our cure is coming, I've just got to get my boy through college first.
4 procedures in March/April 2010 to remove a kidney stone
Dx'd Dyshidrotic Eczema April 2011
Dx'd Pancreatitis July 2011
2nd bowel resection 10/12/11 - I have 130cm of small intestines left!
Dx'd Chronic gastritis April 2012

Currently taking:
Cholestyramine powder 1-2x daily
Remicade 5mg/kg every 8 wks
Vitamin D3, B12
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #1005
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Hubby had a scrappy end to a great weekend......found out a very good friend of a good friend of ours (and an acquaintance of ours) committed suicide this weekend......very sad.....on top of a coworkers sons' suicide the weekend before......then hubby got in an argument with our friend ......hurts me to see him hurting.

Hope this crappy string of bad news ends soon!!!!!
06-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #1006
PlutoCronie

I have to be careful to not internalize assinine criticism of me because a build-up of stressors can cause a flare-up. I believe that my body can no longer tolerate the emotional stress that it used to endure when I was younger and that this is an important factor in why I got Crohn's.

Alternative Healing Regimen:
High Alkaline Diet; Alkaline Water; Herbal teas, especially Kombucha and Detox, for nutrition and inflammation; weekly internal cleansing (coffee) and internal probiotics/anti-inflammatory supplements, esp, Glucosamine; naturopathic and holistic lifestyle approach; color and music Tx.
Was initially diagnosed by a Gastroenterologist, but
currently only under the care of a GP due to lack of medical insurance.

Last edited by PlutoCronie; 08-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.
06-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #1007
shazz

I would like 1 day, or even half a day, where something doesn't hurt, or bleed, or go wrong.
I would even take an hour when I can sit down have a cup of coffee and read a few pages of a book in peace.
Its obviously too much to ask though
Am on: Citalopram,warfarin, paracetamol
Ozzie was born on 2/2/12
23/2/12 p.e in both lungs.
Now the gallbladder decides to say hello!!
06-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #1008
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Aw Shazz! If you figure out how PLEASE let me know!
06-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1009
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hubby had a scrappy end to a great weekend......found out a very good friend of a good friend of ours (and an acquaintance of ours) committed suicide this weekend......very sad.....on top of a coworkers sons' suicide the weekend before......then hubby got in an argument with our friend ......hurts me to see him hurting.

Hope this crappy string of bad news ends soon!!!!!
So sorry Paso, that's so sad-sending healing thoughts and hugs your way!
06-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #1010
PlutoCronie

I would like 1 day, or even half a day, where something doesn't hurt, or bleed, or go wrong.
I would even take an hour when I can sit down have a cup of coffee and read a few pages of a book in peace.
Its obviously too much to ask though
I've only have CD for about a year, but it has turned my life my life upside down. Everything has been stop and go, stop and go (pun intended), annoying as hell. Trying to get the proper medical help in a State that is wealthy but does not provide help for someone in my age and (potential) income bracket is impossible. I have heard myself say to various agency workers at least 5 times, "so what am I supposed to do, DIE?", and be met with stupefied, passive silence. Then I get into the socio-political rant which borderlines on psychotic misanthropy by saying things like, "well if I came here illegally from a foreign country and was pregnant I would be given help immediately. I have been a tax-paying citizen for decades.....etc." This only makes it worse because the worker now thinks that I have "issues" and that I need medication to calm down, never mind sulfa-based anti-inflammatories (but their conclusion might be technically correct in some ways because my CD is partially caused from tension, stress, frustration.) So, I've given up trying to get help from the State and am now 100% in charge on putting my disease into remission and keeping it there. My stress has lessened enormously, but there is always the subconscious concern that as a GI is not monitoring my illness that something could go wrong and it will be too late to fix it.
06-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #1011
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
The prednisone has reduced the swelling in my face, I certainly wasn't ready to see what the inflammation was hiding. I have a quarter size *bulge?* inside my mouth, on the right side where my gum and cheek meet. It looks like a huge swollen area of cheek filled with pus. Disgusting! An abscess or something?

I am on two different antibiotics for the thing (and suffering violent, burning diarrhea because of it), but it doesn't appear to be getting smaller. It looks like it might try to burst anytime today, I'm starving on pred right now but scared to eat for fear I'll scrape the thing and my mouth will fill up with pus.

If this thing does pop, am I at any great risk? Obviously, the thought of it popping and oozing in my mouth makes me want to vomit, but could it be dangerous?

I also have some weird spots, they are the size of mosquito bites but they aren't bug bites. They are red, itch like crazy when I accidentally scratch or brush them. All of the spots are at the waist or lower. Only two are near each other, the rest are random, separated by inches at least and in no type of pattern. I'm hoping this isn't some sort of crazy reaction to the Remicade, although I kind of doubt it.

In remission and I still can't catch a break!
06-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #1012
CLynn

Sarah, I was going to ask if you thought it could possibly be an abcessed tooth, is that what it is? Sorry it's giving you fits. Gosh, although I am not sure it would be harmful to your body, I'm like you, think it would be pretty gross to swallow it.
Could the bumps be chigger bites? When I get those, they are usually waist or lower. And they love going in at waistbands, sock lines, etc.
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #1013
Mia E

i want to punch this stupid crohns in the face hard, and jump on its stupid nasty head!!!!! aghhhh!!! vent vent

its just not fair. and i feel like i have so much complaining to do all the time and people around me are going to get sick of it. i can almost hear them saying (in their heads) 'get over it now' 'your op was 10 wks ago' ' stop being a drama queen'
this has completely changed my sense of self. im so surprised at how long its taking me to feel normal, and part of me knows i'll never feel the same again. i hope the people around me can stick around and get used to the different me. i'm not sure if it was the other way round i would stick around.

just needed to put that vent somewhere, didnt want to make a new post but had to write down how freaking p off i am now. alright already, go away stupid disease and leave me alone. im not playing anymore! agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no response required
06-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #1014
skippy111

Mia,
I know you said no response but I just wanted to send you some support and empathy!

I was a transportation aide for Radiology for a few years back in 91-93 lol

Crohn's /Anemia DX in 1991
Aspbergers/Depression/ADHD DX 2001

Past meds for crohn's
Prednisone/Azulfadine

Recent Meds While in Hosp for Crohn's/Depression
Flagyl/Cypro,Zofran Protonix, Prednisone, Lovenox
Celexa,Kolonopin, Ritalin
Current meds:
Prednisone,Celexa,Adderall,Kolonopin,Percocet
06-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #1015
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm with you Mia-Remicade quit on me, dropped me like a bad habit. Every day I get to enjoy new and disgusting symptoms I haven't had in awhile. I wish it would get lost already but so far, it keeps hanging on.

Who wants to join my pity party? I have chocolate...
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #1016
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Ooohhh chocolate!!!!!!!

My vent - the spot on my ankle where I had the blisters now looks like a not so lovey scar!!!!!
06-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #1017
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
CLynn ~ That's what my husband asked me, but no it wasn't actually in the gum. My teeth didn't hurt. It looked to be more situated in my sinus cavity but my sinuses didn't hurt. Weird.

Anyhoo, the stupid thing popped this afternoon. Well, nothing quite so violent, thank heavens. It got tight like - God! So sorry!! - like a pimple and got a tiny white head on it. It started leaking pus and blood slowly. I won't go into any more detail, other than it was disgusting and I'm glad no one had to witness it. I'm on antibiotics for the next 10 days so I'm not worried. My mom thinks it was a cyst. Quite possible, I don't really care as long as it doesn't present any more problems and there are no repeats!!

Spots are definitely not bites, cannot find a bite mark or "hole". They look like hives.

Mountaingem, I'm there. I just came home from the store with everything on my list plus a Hershey's bar (for tonight) and the fixings for a cheescake (for tomorrow night when hubby is working).

Yes, I'm on prednisone again.
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1018
PlutoCronie

i want to punch this stupid crohns in the face hard, and jump on its stupid nasty head!!!!! aghhhh!!! vent vent

its just not fair. and i feel like i have so much complaining to do all the time and people around me are going to get sick of it. i can almost hear them saying (in their heads) 'get over it now' 'your op was 10 wks ago' ' stop being a drama queen'
this has completely changed my sense of self. im so surprised at how long its taking me to feel normal, and part of me knows i'll never feel the same again. i hope the people around me can stick around and get used to the different me. i'm not sure if it was the other way round i would stick around.

just needed to put that vent somewhere, didnt want to make a new post but had to write down how freaking p off i am now. alright already, go away stupid disease and leave me alone. im not playing anymore! agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no response required
06-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #1019
Mia E

thanks everyone!

chocolate sounds amazing mountaingem (strolls downstairs and eats 4 chocolate biscuits haha)

well i went into work today and they told me to go off, need more time to recover after surgery and i need to take time to heal. it was lovely to hear. been feeling really guilty about not being ready to go back to work, think i might start a poll on here to find out how long it took people to go back after bowel resection (although i have no idea how!). i kept reading posts by people who were back after 3-6 weeks and it made me feel like i should be better than i am...
its just hard to know if i feel shit cos i havent recovered yet or if its is because i've been told i have this crappy disease and will have it forever and that its highly likely i will have to go through the horrendous hospital experience many more times in the future.

honestly ladies and men its great to have a space here to be absolutely pessimistic, crabby and selfish..because in real life its herd to be that way!
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #1020
ChickensRule!!

My first mini vent- I can't stand being on an ensure diet!! It is so much harder than you would actually think because you eat when your bored but if you can't eat then your bored. Just one more week and I can eat again! I would seriously rather break my leg than do this diet end of mini vent, that feels much better