Share Facebook

01-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #1261
Christi

My Support Groups:
Dana it could be like you said , they keep treating me with antibiotics for infection and the other i think of is the imuran maybe
01-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #1262
anitas.paul

My Support Groups:
Sunny London Uk and a very good morning coming to you all ☺☺☺
01-29-2016, 11:47 PM   #1263
DanaBanana

My Support Groups:
Dana it could be like you said , they keep treating me with antibiotics for infection and the other i think of is the imuran maybe
What about blood work to look for infection? My Dr sent me for a full workup including blood cultures. Everything was fine except my white blood cell count was up, which on its own isn't surprising because of the mtx and active crohns. They shouldn't be continuing to give you antibiotics of there's no real sign of infection. Sigh I'm sorry...it's such a pain going through all this. Im no help really because I feel like trash today. Nauseated and abdominal pain, and my usual fever has me miserable.
01-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #1264
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
What about blood work to look for infection? My Dr sent me for a full workup including blood cultures. Everything was fine except my white blood cell count was up, which on its own isn't surprising because of the mtx and active crohns. They shouldn't be continuing to give you antibiotics of there's no real sign of infection. Sigh I'm sorry...it's such a pain going through all this. Im no help really because I feel like trash today. Nauseated and abdominal pain, and my usual fever has me miserable.
Do you take probiotics? If you do, I am told you should double them while you are on antibiotics.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
01-30-2016, 12:23 AM   #1265
anitas.paul

My Support Groups:
Had wbc issues before something i noticed at the time was this nauseous giddy feeling in my guts like a ticklely churning seems to have come back recently like walking on a ship and wanting to throw up
01-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #1266
DanaBanana

My Support Groups:
Had wbc issues before something i noticed at the time was this nauseous giddy feeling in my guts like a ticklely churning seems to have come back recently like walking on a ship and wanting to throw up
That's how I feel. Ugh
01-30-2016, 12:49 AM   #1267
anitas.paul

My Support Groups:
Recall the first time i had that sensation got diagnosed with helicobactar took the meds to eradicate it and was told it had gone and would never come back also been told that wbc means your bodies fighting infection sometimes reckon gps don't know their ass from their tits ☺☺☺
01-31-2016, 12:16 AM   #1268
anitas.paul

My Support Groups:
A very good morning to you all
01-31-2016, 12:19 AM   #1269
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
A very good morning to you all
Same to you

02-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #1270
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I need to vent. Work has been ridiculous. I've been working with the budget numbers for this year but one of the managers changed her numbers multiple times, so basically everything is wrong and needs to be redone (yet again, because I've redone everything multiple times now!). And all I hear is that I'm wrong, that I must have done something wrong. I'm not wrong, it's just that everything is super convoluted because there were so many changes and I'm trying to fix things. It's driving me insane. I just want to never look at these numbers ever again. I have a headache and I'm in a foul mood and I just want to not deal with this anymore. But I have to deal with it and it sucks and I just hate it. Ugh.
02-15-2016, 06:17 PM   #1271
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I need to vent. Work has been ridiculous. I've been working with the budget numbers for this year but one of the managers changed her numbers multiple times, so basically everything is wrong and needs to be redone (yet again, because I've redone everything multiple times now!). And all I hear is that I'm wrong, that I must have done something wrong. I'm not wrong, it's just that everything is super convoluted because there were so many changes and I'm trying to fix things. It's driving me insane. I just want to never look at these numbers ever again. I have a headache and I'm in a foul mood and I just want to not deal with this anymore. But I have to deal with it and it sucks and I just hate it. Ugh.
Sending support.

02-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #1272
DanaBanana

My Support Groups:
How frustrating!!! Let's hope that this is the last do-over for you. Big hugs.
02-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #1273
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hang in there Cat.. you will get the better of it hun.
Love n hugs 💕💕
02-17-2016, 04:55 AM   #1274
Silverbird

My Support Groups:
Pfff, started Allopurinol 3 weeks back, and now I'm nauseous all the time and my liver function levels are elevating. Guess this drug won't be a long term thing for me

Remicade 300mg/6weeks | 6MP 25mg & Allopurinol 100mg every other day
08-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #1275
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I just need to vent today. My husband has a few very needy friends and he's always rescuing them from bad situations. These people are adults (in their 30s and 40s) but it's like they're children with the amount of rescuing they seem to need.

Here's the current situation - my hubby recently bought a newer, nicer vehicle for a very good price. His old vehicle was fairly junky but still ran okay, it was still a working vehicle but older with high mileage and some issues. He has a friend who needed a car, so the friend had bought a really crappy car for $600 but that car died the very next day and friend can't afford to fix it. So, my hubby gave his junky car to his friend (technically he sold it to him for $1, I remember watching an episode of a TV show and it said that legally you have to sell a car for something or you can get into some sort of legal issues, but essentially hubby gave his friend the car). We made sure that friend was informed of junky vehicle's issues and quirks.

Well, it's 2 whole weeks later and friend and friend's wife decided to take junky vehicle on a multi-state road trip. Not the wisest decision since we did tell him that junky vehicle has some issues. He did it anyway. They got into a multi-car accident like 3 states away. I'm not sure of the details of what happened there, but apparently they got the car towed and got it running. They made it 2 states closer to home and then junky car apparently properly died.

So, hubby's driving 3+ hours to go rescue them. This is after he rescued them by giving them a car that they wrecked 2 weeks later. To sum up - he gave them a car, they almost immediately wrecked and killed the car, and now he's going to rescue them and bring them home. Seriously. These friends just seem like they're taking such advantage of my husband! They're nice people, but they're leeches. I'm seriously mad. I know they didn't intentionally wreck the car, but come on. Nobody's luck is that bad. They've been through 2 cars in as many weeks. Nobody does that! Especially not when you're handed a free car! Ugh, that just makes me mad.

I think my hubby is upset too but he's not showing it. Junky car was a car that he loved (at one time it was a really nice car) and he had a hard time getting rid of it. He trusted his friend to take care of it. That it's wrecked and dead only 2 weeks after he said goodbye to that car, I know hubby has got to be upset about that. It's just so not cool. I don't even want to talk to these so-called friends anymore. I just want to yell, "We gave you a car and you F'ed it all up! What is wrong with you??" Who even takes a car like that out of state? You're just asking for trouble. I think these friends are trouble and we're asking for trouble by remaining friends with them.

Adding to this situation, though, is that hubby works with friend. In fact, friend was the guy who hired hubby. Hubby has a job because of friend, and that's not nothing. So it's not like he can stop being friends with the guy, because he sees him every day at work. So, ugh. It's a really frustrating situation. I'm just so disappointed in the whole situation.
08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #1276
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I enjoyed reading your post,it was like a mini novel.I understand your hubby's attachment to his old car,my hubby's the same.
This sort of annoyance is just "life" really.Other people are never what we would like them to be.Unfortunately,something else will come along,and this episode will be forgotten.I hope you feel much better getting it all out though.
08-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #1277
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yeah, I can understand his attachment to his junky old car too. I drive a 15 year old car with nearly 200,000 miles on the odometer (my car isn't junky though, it's still mechanically good, hardly any rust, still has all 4 hubcaps, doesn't look nor sound junky, etc). And I love my old car and I'll be sad when it's time to put her out to pasture (I sure won't be giving her to anybody!).

It is sort of like a novel. Or a soap opera. I hate drama in my life, I like it when nothing happens and everything is just calm and quiet. There's been so much drama in my life lately, that's probably why I'm flaring. Since May, my grandpa died, we put my grandma in a care facility, I injured my finger badly when doing yard work, then a few weeks ago I flared up, and now this situation with friend and junky car. 2016 has been too eventful of a year for me. I would like to just hibernate for all of 2017 please.
08-08-2016, 01:21 PM   #1278
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yeah, I can understand his attachment to his junky old car too. I drive a 15 year old car with nearly 200,000 miles on the odometer (my car isn't junky though, it's still mechanically good, hardly any rust, still has all 4 hubcaps, doesn't look nor sound junky, etc). And I love my old car and I'll be sad when it's time to put her out to pasture (I sure won't be giving her to anybody!).

It is sort of like a novel. Or a soap opera. I hate drama in my life, I like it when nothing happens and everything is just calm and quiet. There's been so much drama in my life lately, that's probably why I'm flaring. Since May, my grandpa died, we put my grandma in a care facility, I injured my finger badly when doing yard work, then a few weeks ago I flared up, and now this situation with friend and junky car. 2016 has been too eventful of a year for me. I would like to just hibernate for all of 2017 please.
Me too

08-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #1279
Tuff

My Support Groups:
I've had six colds this year, basically from January to June. Mostly due to a revolting co-worker who coughs and sneezes with his mouth open, and never washes his hands. I just quit my job at the end of July, and hopefully that will be the "cure". I've also had strep, oral thrush, and now a yeast infection. I just saw my GI, and he wants me to stay on Imuran. I'm already at the lowest dose. I intend to be a hermit for a while, and try to recuperate. It drains you, being ill all the time. Money will be tight, but I want to get better. Btw on my last day of work, the guy said, maybe we'll see each other around once in a while, and I replied: Bye.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
08-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #1280
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've had six colds this year, basically from January to June. Mostly due to a revolting co-worker who coughs and sneezes with his mouth open, and never washes his hands. I just quit my job at the end of July, and hopefully that will be the "cure". I've also had strep, oral thrush, and now a yeast infection. I just saw my GI, and he wants me to stay on Imuran. I'm already at the lowest dose. I intend to be a hermit for a while, and try to recuperate. It drains you, being ill all the time. Money will be tight, but I want to get better. Btw on my last day of work, the guy said, maybe we'll see each other around once in a while, and I replied: Bye.
Wishing you the best

08-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #1281
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi folks... you know what shit always happens when you least need it..it aint good at the best of times but when you are struggling one way or another , more shit is just what you dont want..
I always say tho.. this too will pass n try to find a positive to think about instead..

Love hugs n support to you all..keep your chin up as best you can. 💚💛💜
08-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #1282
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi folks... you what shit always happens when you least need it..it aint good at the best of times but when are struggling one way or another , more shit is just what you want..
I always say tho.. this too will pass n try to find a positive to think about instead..

Love hugs n support to you all..chin your chin up as best you can. 💚💛💜
Look on the positive

08-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #1283
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sorry for the missed out words in 1st post.. head running ahead of fingers typing lol.
08-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #1284
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Lol

08-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #1285
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
My vent of the day is that my car has an antifreeze leak. Everytime it seems like bills start piling up, something goes wrong with the car (it's 16 years old in good condition). I hate paying money for car repairs. I'm trying to figure out when to get it fixed because I have something to do this weekend, but I don't want to let it go and get out of control.
08-09-2016, 05:38 AM   #1286
scottsma

My Support Groups:
My mini vent today is.......I had to cancel an appointment which I had cancelled last week and rebooked for today.Last weeks was a morning appt.and I was back and forwards to the bathroom,todays was for mid PM and I'm really not up to going,for the same reasons.I know I'll be ok later,but don't want to chance it.The receptionist asked if I wanted to re book again,and I said I'd get back to them later.Oh, the joy of Crohn's.At least it wasn't a party,although I don't go to many of them to be honest.hahaha.
08-09-2016, 08:34 AM   #1287
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Oh iv lost count of app"s iv had to cancel through this begger hun... no respect has it ???
08-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #1288
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
My vent of the day is that my car has an antifreeze leak. Everytime it seems like bills start piling up, something goes wrong with the car (it's 16 years old in good condition). I hate paying money for car repairs. I'm trying to figure out when to get it fixed because I have something to do this weekend, but I don't want to let it go and get out of control.
Is it from the radiator? Barrs' Stop Leak is AWESOME stuff for minor leaks....if you can still get it (I forget if you are in the US?).....

I crashed an employers' truck years ago, pushed the grille into the radiator...after we pulled it out (I worked for an auto parts store at the time)...we used the stop leak and I kept on driving the truck for thousands of miles!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
08-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #1289
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
Is it from the radiator? Barrs' Stop Leak is AWESOME stuff for minor leaks....if you can still get it (I forget if you are in the US?).....

I crashed an employers' truck years ago, pushed the grille into the radiator...after we pulled it out (I worked for an auto parts store at the time)...we used the stop leak and I kept on driving the truck for thousands of miles!!!
I have no idea where it's coming from. I told my dad a month ago that I thought my antifreeze was low because my engine would get hot kinda quick and, sure enough, the level was low. He refilled it but just checked it the other day and it's lower again. I drive by an auto parts place on the way home so I can pick up some of the stuff you mention to see if it helps. I am in the US.
08-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #1290
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Vent of the day - I'm flaring and I've lost weight. I'm down 6ish lbs. Trying to eat enough in a day to at least maintain my weight is hard, I don't have much appetite and I don't think I'm absorbing calories particularly well right now. It sucks, when my weight starts spiraling down like this it's like my body is screaming at me, "You are ill and something is very wrong with you!" It's not a "good" weight loss, you know? It's a scary, sick weight loss, not a healthy weight loss.

But, I stupidly mentioned this to a couple co-workers when they asked how I'm doing. I said I'm flaring and not doing well at all (they know I've been out sick a few times recently) and that I've lost some weight. My co-workers were like, uh, that's not a problem, I'd love to have an illness that makes me lose weight. And I was like, nope, just believe me on this one, you seriously don't want this because this is hell. I think one co-worker started to understand, but seriously. Never say that you want an illness, especially not to someone with an illness! What is wrong with people!? You want my illness? Climb into my colon and take it, I will gladly trade places with you! Ugh, healthy people just have no clue. None at all.