Share Facebook

04-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #121
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh, theMrs, that last one is truly awful! I always feel so yucky when my time of the month comes around. It just exacerbates the d and the cramping, it's miserable! Hopefully it coming early means it'll be over in time for the holiday, though.
04-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #122
TheMrs

My Support Groups:
I hope so too! I'm not sure if it's full blown or just popping in for the morning for a quick visit yet, but I think I'll be glad when menopause truly hits.
04-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #123
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Oh, I know how you feel Mrs!
My week:
Lap top went all blue screen of death on me.
Car acting like a constipated bear.
My foot has been asleep for two days and the topper of it all....
I get my period two weeks early also! Oh and it makes it's appearance right in the middle of a meeting with MY NEW BOSS!
TGIF!!!
Michele
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #124
TheMrs

My Support Groups:
Ohhhh dear!!! It always seems to happen all at once doesnt it?

Btw, the secret to getting the cleaners to show up an hour+ early? Run an errand across town! Ergh.
04-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #125
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, did you get the job?

The Mrs, how'd it go with the cleaning?

How's everybody else doing today?

My mini-vent is that I just don't feel like myself the past couple of days. The weather has been horrible, which always makes me feel down (and sleepy!). My guts aren't bad but they aren't quite right either. I have this weird dull ache coming from my stomach and I don't know why. My acid reflux is getting under control again after it went haywire last week, so maybe the stomach thing is because I started taking Omeprazole again for the reflux. I feel hungry but also a little nauseous, and oddly I've been having both d and constipation the past couple of days and cramping too. It's hard to describe, but it feels like my body can't decide what to do and I it ends up going in several directions at once. It's disconcerting. I wish I could just sleep this off.
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #126
TheMrs

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well

Got it done and both Seders went swimmingly. Unfortunately the rib I cracked a few weeks ago from coughing was acting up bad by the end of both nights so I did a bit of laying on the floor and pointing . Few more things to put away today and then life gets back to whatever normal is!

Eta- I drank wine on Monday for the first time in years. Ended up with terrible reflux that my meds didn't touch. Served me right.

Last edited by TheMrs; 04-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #127
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Cat - They called me yesterday morning to offer me the job. I told them I wanted some time to discuss with my husband before making a decision. So, I have to call back today. Turns out the job pays significantly less than I thought it did. It sounds like hours are based on how well you do too. She actually said I would get "between 0-20 hours." Yeah, I'm not sure I like the possibility of my hours ever being below 15. Plus, having to work on the weekends and rearranging our weekend things like allergy shots, church, grocery shopping, etc. So, yeah...after all that, I'm going to turn down the job. It just seems like it would be more of a hassle for not enough pay or guaranteed hours to say yes. Sure, it'd be nice to have the extra money, but it may keep me from being open to a job with more hours and more pay. There may be several positions opening up in the Records department at Trinity. So, I'm going to hold out for those, I think...
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
04-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #128
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Well...just got off the phone with Banana Republic. She seemed kind of pissed in her response to me. I was very polite and thanked her for the opportunity, but told her I didn't think it was going to work out for me at this time because I was looking for something with more guaranteed hours and a little more pay. I told her I wanted to be honest about it and she cut me off and said "Yeah, had I known that I wouldn't have gone so far with everything." Then gave me the obligatory "thanks for calling" and hung up before I had a chance to say anything else!

I have never had that happen to me before! I can't help but feel like somehow I was the jerk, even though I was just trying to be honest. Would it have been better for her if I had taken the job and then quit after two weeks when I got sick of it and/or found something better?? I'm not sure I would ever feel comfortable shopping in that store after that experience either. Didn't see that coming...
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #129
tiloah

My Support Groups:
told her I didn't think it was going to work out for me at this time because I was looking for something with more guaranteed hours and a little more pay. I told her I wanted to be honest about it and she cut me off and said "Yeah, had I known that I wouldn't have gone so far with everything." Then gave me the obligatory "thanks for calling" and hung up before I had a chance to say anything else!
Yea, and you were thinking the same thing. Had you known about the hours and how little pay they were offering, you wouldn't have "gone so far!"

Forget her. She's just cranky 'cause she thought you were a good catch.
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #130
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Thanks for your response, diesanduhr.

My husband said the same thing to me. I even went through 2 interviews. Had I known the pay was so low, I probably would have declined the 2nd interview and not wasted her time. I don't know why she was so surprised when I called back to turn it down. I mentioned several times in my interview how I really needed a job and we needed the money and when she asked how many hours I wanted I said "As many as I can get." So, wanting more money and more hours shouldn't have been that surprising.

My husband says I should consider writing to the company and reporting her. I guess one thing I can be happy about is I found out what kind of person she was and be happy I don't have to work with her!
04-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #131
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My vent for the day....I've come down with bronchitis. On the bright side it's a 4-day weekend so I can rest up

Mark
04-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #132
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My mini-vent is that the stomach thing I mini-vented about yesterday has gotten wayyyy worse. And I don't get a 4 day weekend, so I had to use a sick day today (tomorrow's a half-day). I'm going to the doctor later today so hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

Marisa, sorry to hear about the job, but it's good that you're not working for a (yet another) whacko lady. Good luck with the continuing job search!
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #133
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Marisa

I am sure something will come along. Life is to short to work in a negative work environment.
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #134
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Mini-Vent for Today:

My husband wanted to change my oil to save some dough, however, all the needed itesm cost around $25 (my Acura dealership charges $35 and that includes a car wash and vacuum). And to top it all off, he took off a good deal of the bumper's paint getting it up on the lifts! So, we only saved a lousy $10 and now I need to get my bumper repaired.

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...
04-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #135
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Jill, that sucks! Hopefully your hubby won't try to change the oil himself again.

To add to my mini-vent today, I just shit myself. First time ever too (well, since I was potty trained anyway). So awful! Thank goodness I was at home when it happened. I've got to go to the doctor in a little bit and I will be wearing a pad!
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #136
TheMrs

My Support Groups:
Aggh, Cat, I'm so sorry . Let us know what the doc says.
04-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #137
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Aww, Cat I hope the doctor can give you something to feel better and you can rest for the rest of the day!
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #138
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am so sorry this happened, Cat.

Good luck at the doctor!
04-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #139
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks all. I knew you guys would understand! I just got back from the doctor, it sounds like it's gastritis although he did some blood tests to check my pancreas & gall bladder just to be safe. He didn't give me any new meds, but he's tweaking the dosage of some of the meds I'm already on. He said I should double my dose of prilosec, as that can help heal gastritis, and he is going to consult with my GI about possibly tapering my Entocort from 6 mg down to 3, as he said that steroids can sometimes cause gastritis and a lower dose may help me feel better.

I'm just going to rest the rest of today, and if I'm feeling somewhat better I'll try to make it through work tomorrow (only 4 hours, it's a half day because of Good Friday). Otherwise I'll call in again and continue to rest. I may even call my in-laws and say I'm too sick to make it to easter.

(I don't know if any of you guys remember me talking about this, but last easter I went to my in-laws and I was berated by my drunken father-in-law because he didn't think I'm sick or as sick as I am, and he basically told me that I should just suck it up and eat normal food with the rest of the family. Even when I tried to explain, he just shut me down and made me cry. He's gotten a LOT more understanding and sympathetic since then, but it's still a really bad memory and I am honestly not too keen on spending easter with the in-laws!)
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #140
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
I do remember you telling us about that, Cat! Take care of yourself first. the in-laws will always be around. Best to be feeling at your best when you have to deal with them.

Hope the medication tweaking will help you get over this stomach bug!
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #141
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks Marisa! I just got a call saying I should stop Entocort altogether, and that I have an appointment for an ultrasound of my gall bladder & liver scheduled for tomorrow. My GI wants to see me on Monday too. So at least they're taking me seriously and getting me in for quick appointments.

I just sent my mother-in-law an email saying I might not make it to Easter. At this point, I'd much rather just stay home and rest.
04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #142
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
That's great news, Cat! Hope they can figure something out Monday
04-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #143
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Feel better, Cat!
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #144
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks Marisa and Jill!

Edit: Almost forgot. My mini-vent today is that I'm starving! They told me no food or drink for 6 to 8 hours prior to my ultrasound, which is at 1:45 today. So I haven't eaten anything since the small amount of white rice I had last night, and I haven't drank anything since this morning (I have snuck a few small sips of water just because I don't want to get dehydrated - I can tell I'm getting there, I've got a headache which is always the first sign of dehydration for me). I feel weak, probably from combination of illness & lack of food/water. 1:45 can't get here quick enough!
04-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #145
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My mini vent for today -

Today is one of the advanced poll voting dates for a federal election, we went to the advanced poll in the early afternoon and there was a large turnout so it was about a 25 minute wait to cast a ballot. It was quite disappointing to hear the number of people grumbling about having to wait in line, given the sacrifices that were made for our freedoms and that people in some parts of the world do not have such a right.
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #146
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Cat - I hope you get some good results on your ultrasound (whatever that might be).

Hawkeye - I'm glad the grumbly people are still doing it though. There is a thing right now in WA State where people are unhappy about being required to mail their votes in. Going to the polls apparently feels more "patriotic."

My mini vent is how ridiculously tired I am right now from missing one dose or Pred. Just one dose! I am trying to stay awake here at work.
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #147
ameslouise

Cat - Feel better! Or don't feel better - not sure which one will allow you to bag out of Easter dinner! JK of course - I hope you feel better AND get to skip Easter! Glad you're able to get the tests and appt quickly.

Nicole - how much pred are you on? I missed a dose when I was at about 12 or 15 mg and I thought I was going to die. Hope you can get back on track soon.

No mini vent from me - just checking in to see how eveyrone was doing!
04-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #148
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks for checking in on us, Amy.
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #149
Laura_123

My Support Groups:
My Mini Vent: Parents!! no matter how much i love my mum and dad they can be pains at times! but i couldnt live without them! x
04-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #150
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Laura, I feel for you! I stayed home to rest up while hubby went to his parents' house for easter. But therein lies my mini-vent of the day. I just cannot lie down and do nothing. Even if I'm terribly ill and lying in bed, I still have to be playing my DS or crocheting or actively doing something. So, I'm home "resting" but there's so much to be done around the house. So I did a little vacuuming, laundry, tidying up. I was going to do the dishes too. But as I knelt down to get the dishwasher detergent out of the bottom cabinet, my right kneecap dislocated! Owie ow. My kneecaps used to pop out of joint fairly regularly and they haven't for a few years, probably because I've been pretty careful about kneeling. I guess I wasn't careful enough today. That's a really awful pain. I managed to get it popped back in place within a few seconds, but it is going to hurt for the next few days anyway. Ow.