• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bloodshot eyes and rashes

Hey out there I've had crohn's disease for almost three years now and recently i started getting really sick again with abdominal pain, diahrea and bloating but in the last two days i've noticed that i have rashes that look like hives on my arms and legs and my eyes are bloodshot, i mean they are red like crazy but there's no burning or itching or anything, I was just wondering if this could crohn's related and if any of you's has ever had a similar experience because i'm a little freaked out. Thanks

My crohn's started and focused on my eyes. I have had scleritis, and uvitis which makes your eyes blood shoot. my scleritis has been nodular scleritis so only part of my eye get's red and little bumps form. Go to an eye doctor and get it checked out. it can cause damage if it's left to long.

I have not had a rash related to my inflammation.

the fun part is because my eyes are inflamed, Doctors don't question my issues, since it's obvious i have inflammation.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yes I have had both, rashes unexplained and have a red spot on my left eye. The rashes are almost looking like poison ivy. The only thing that helped me was a steroid cream. The red eye comes and goes. I am guess it is crohns related too. Have you been out in the sunlately??