Share Facebook

03-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Pam58

Blood under skin

Has anyone experienced blood spots under the skin? I'm using the description blood spot, but the one on the top of my right hand is not a spot....it's about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 wide. It appeared a couple of days ago. Then today, I woke up and noticed a smaller one on the top of my right arm (about 1/4 inch)

They don't look exactly like bruises; more like blood has leaked under the skin. I'm assuming this is another lovely side effect of Crohns, but haven't seen a discussion of it on this forum.

I've been on Entocort for almost 8 months. Not sure if that could be the cause.
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
unexplained bleeding under the skin should get checked out.....same as unexplained bruises.....I haven't heard of it happening with Entocort....and I didn't see anything in the patient information booklet.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
10-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Miss Underestimated

I was just lurking and reading, saw this thread.

Looks like Pam didn't come back. Her description fits some of the skin problems posted in this thread http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=22293
10-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
KJS

Hi Pam58
Yep blood masses appear under my skin regularly.always my forearms.but they never there when i visit doctor.sometimes my arm will suddenly get itchy and i have to scratch like mad then the blood appears.other times they appear without itch.i did show it once to a previous gastro (nasty man he was) and he showd no interest so then i felt like a hypochondriac.