• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood under skin

Has anyone experienced blood spots under the skin? I'm using the description blood spot, but the one on the top of my right hand is not a spot....it's about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 wide. It appeared a couple of days ago. Then today, I woke up and noticed a smaller one on the top of my right arm (about 1/4 inch)

They don't look exactly like bruises; more like blood has leaked under the skin. I'm assuming this is another lovely side effect of Crohns, but haven't seen a discussion of it on this forum.

I've been on Entocort for almost 8 months. Not sure if that could be the cause.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
unexplained bleeding under the skin should get checked out.....same as unexplained bruises.....I haven't heard of it happening with Entocort....and I didn't see anything in the patient information booklet.....

Hi Pam58
Yep blood masses appear under my skin regularly.always my forearms.but they never there when i visit doctor.sometimes my arm will suddenly get itchy and i have to scratch like mad then the blood appears.other times they appear without itch.i did show it once to a previous gastro (nasty man he was) and he showd no interest so then i felt like a hypochondriac.