• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My turn to tell my story..

So Im MkAngelo Im 21,from Coventry and its been a month since I was told I have Crohns disease,Im still waiting for my specimen results to come back,had 14 took in total,started on 30md of predisolone and went down to 10mg two weeks ago,still suffering from upset stomache,bleeding and the predisolone is giving me some terrible mood swings.
I try not to eat dairy as it triggers my symtoms.I think my biggest fear is the possiblity of ending up with a bag,surgery dosnt bother me.
I used to go out frequently and travel and it has stopped me from doing as much as before.
Just want to talk to like minded people,get advice and such
thanks.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there welcome :bigwave: Glad you are here and there is alot of people who can give their insight. Not all surgeries end up in a bag, it depends where and how bad the symptoms are. I am assuming you are young, and therefore the bad is scary and being in relationships it is hard. I have had 2 surgeries and knock-on-wood, no bag, but mine is contained in the Ileum and I do not bleed. I have a sister who bleeds but not much pain, so we are all different here.

Prednisone in high doses do cause mood swings, just avoid coffee , colas and other caffeine. Once you get down and taper, I will assume your doctor will put you on a maintenance drug. Pred works but long term is not good. I know you are trying to cope, take it one day at a time. Yes, travelling is hard but if you have a lot of Diareah get your doc to get you Questran, it helps alot. Aside from some foods you may have to avoid , Crohns is not a life sentence of misery. :hang:

:welcome:

Hey MkAngelo

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, it's a wonderful place for information and support. Have a look around :)

I hope the docs can get your symptoms under control soon.

Paula
x

ekay03

My dog has hands!
I have had crohns since 1992 I had my first surgery in 2000. about 4 more surgeries pertaining to the crohns and still no bag!! That is an absolute last resort and even then sometimes it can be reversed. The odds are w/ you not getting a bag. I know the bain is hideous. Hang in there!