Share Facebook

05-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #61
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I am having a lot more pain tapering off the Pred so I haven't been running. I'm still reading this thread though, you guys are inspiring me.
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #62
Astra

My Support Groups:
Lotsa good luck diesanduhr!

I think all you runners are fab!

Me?
I can do the couch to the chair, and then I hyperventilate.

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

05-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #63
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
lol Joan. I used to be the same. Believe me, I thought people were crazy for CHOOSING to exercise.

Now look at me! My dad still doesn't believe it when I put on my running shoes and go out the door.
05-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #64
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I managed to get 2.4 km in tonight after work. Had to call it off early as the shins / calves did not feel right. First half decent night all week weatherwise (no rain).
05-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #65
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am having a lot more pain tapering off the Pred so I haven't been running. I'm still reading this thread though, you guys are inspiring me.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
05-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #66
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I did the 5km runway run at the local airport today and completed it in 34:10.

I am quite pleased with my time, my runs this week were hard and I was expecting to come in at closer to 40 minutes. I ended up taking a few walk breaks so the overall pace was 6:50/kilometre (about 11 minutes/mile).
05-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #67
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Well done!! That's really good! You must be happy. Are your legs aching now?

My running the latter half of the week has been slacking.. I get so tired when I get home from work. I've been having heart palpitations too. Hope I'm not getting anaemic again. grr
05-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #68
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The only part of the legs that are sore are the calves. Some calf raises will be good to strengthen them as it is the only part of the leg that has been sore lately.

The run was great, it was quite fast. I looked down at my GPS and I was running between a 5 and 6 minute kilometre at times so along with working on the endurance to get to the 10 and 1's I have to work on watching my pace.

I find runnng in the evenings after work hard as well. One strategy I find that works is to run as soon as possible when I get home from work and of course good weather helps too. he
05-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #69
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yeah, my calves and shins are finding it the hardest to get back into running. They are so stiff when I get home that I can hardly pull my feet back.

Yeah, I think I'm going to try and remember to take a snack to work to eat before I leave so I'm not starving when I get home. I'd drink some energy drink too but they make me feel anxious and I stopped taking them after I nearly had a caffeine overdose after an unfortunate incident lol.

Glad you had a good time! What's your next goal?
05-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #70
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The next goal racewise is a 2.5 miler here in July. They are doing it over 3 years (this is the second year - I ran the first one last year) and the three medals fit together. I ran it last year as my first event. It will probably be my wife's first event post-pregnancy.

After that I'll probably do a 5 miler later in the summer or in the fall.
05-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #71
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I did the 5km runway run at the local airport today and completed it in 34:10.

I am quite pleased with my time, my runs this week were hard and I was expecting to come in at closer to 40 minutes. I ended up taking a few walk breaks so the overall pace was 6:50/kilometre (about 11 minutes/mile).
Great work! Keep it up.
05-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #72
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
Great job all, we haven't been running in the past few days because I was at drill Thursday-Sunday so no time to go running. Wife went and visited the parents so pretty much impossible to run while doing that.

Tonight though!!! We will get back into it, plus I have to catch up on yard work that didn't get done over the weekend since nobody was home

Recently I have lost my appetite so I have begun losing weight that I can't afford to. In three days I lost six pounds Had to go to the Docs to check my automated WBC from the Imuran. Its really low so I have to get it checked again this week and hopefully it has stabilized. Still in some pain, but better than before on the lower dosage of Imuran.
05-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #73
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I hope your WBCs have stabilized and you find your appetite again. I'm amazed you can still run and even think about yard work. Hope you feel better.

I am hoping *fingers crossed* to make it out to run tonight. So far not too much pain... I was home alone all day yesterday and after almost three days of no bathroom I made up for it in a hurry... it was rough but I felt a lot better. I'm guessing things got "stuck" at my TI and then finally made it through all at once. Or is this just standard constipation (never been constipated so I don't know what it is?) Well that was a tangent.

It has been a while (according to my Google doc, exactly two weeks) since I last ran... not sure what part of the program to insert myself at. Probably going to try the more challenging and I can back off if I need to.

Edit - I made this post so you guys would keep me honest. I'll have to check in on whether I get out tonight.
05-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #74
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Diesandhur, sorry OT, but what happened to the rest of your signature? I really loved it and was going to write it down. Where is it from?

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
05-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #75
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Oh, haha, I just thought maybe it was too long/repetitive. I think it's really beautiful and I can appreciate the sentiment. I am also basically in love with Dessa and all of her work.

There's a music video on youtube here. Here are the complete lyrics:

I'm building a body
From balsam and ash
I'm building a body with
No god attached.

I'm building a body
From blueprints in Braille
I'm building a body
where our design has failed.

There's a book full of plans
at the feet of poor Atlas
Titled 'For Man'
But the architects
Only drew blanks,
Now there's nowhere to go
But go back, go back,
Go back, go back.
05-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #76
tiloah

My Support Groups:
1.45. Ouch! I was slow, I thought I was fast. But at least I got out there.

Does anyone else yawn uncontrollably while they run? So annoying.
05-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #77
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm at the point where I don't really care how slow I am as long as I make it! The more I stick at it, the faster I'll (hopefully!) get.

I yawn a bit at the start of my runs sometimes but nothing uncontrollably! Is it something that's always happened?

LtHuff, don't be too hard on yourself, esp if you're not feeling overly great. I feel a bit bad that I'd actually like to lose 6lbs on my own! I only ever lose weight when I'm ill.
05-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #78
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Oh, haha, I just thought maybe it was too long/repetitive. I think it's really beautiful and I can appreciate the sentiment. I am also basically in love with Dessa and all of her work.

There's a music video on youtube here. Here are the complete lyrics:

I'm building a body
From balsam and ash
I'm building a body with
No god attached.

I'm building a body
From blueprints in Braille
I'm building a body
where our design has failed.

There's a book full of plans
at the feet of poor Atlas
Titled 'For Man'
But the architects
Only drew blanks,
Now there's nowhere to go
But go back, go back,
Go back, go back.
Thank you! How are you doing? What's happening with the Pred taper?
05-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #79
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
Well didn't want to but my wife and I made it out there last night. She didn't think she was going to be able to finish but she pulled it through. I have slowed our pace down so I don't injure her. We got in 2.69 miles in 36 minutes. Last week it was 2.3 in 36 minutes so a good boost! (We didn't take the dog this time and it was SOOO much easier to run without her)

I don't yawn, but I get bored really quickly. I would much rather be mountain biking, but i get off work too late to be able to go to a trail and make it home for dinner at a relatively decent time.
05-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #80
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't yawn uncontrollably either.

No run today, I went into work at 8 AM and am just getting home at midnight.
05-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #81
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
8 till midnight?! OUCH.

I went for my run after work last night and it was great. Glad I did it. Eating a bread roll before I left work was also a very good idea.

Also glad I don't have a planned run for tonight because I am SO tired today.
05-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #82
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
Ugh gotta run tonight, but the weather is crappy right now. Hopefully it will clear up by tonight.

If you're tired, just go for a short walk it may re-juvenate you!
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #83
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would, but it's pouring down with rain. I think an early night will do the trick
05-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #84
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
8 till midnight?! OUCH.

I went for my run after work last night and it was great. Glad I did it. Eating a bread roll before I left work was also a very good idea.
Yep, usually in at the office for 8, put the coffee on and line up he desk for the day, start work at 8:30 and work until 4:30. Last night we had our monthly meeting from 5 until 11:15-11:30 (usually wraps up will by 8:30 or 9)so got home at 12 AM. My longest day since leaving consulting.

Went for a run tonight but only did a mile before my calves started to hurt, maybe time to rest up for a bit and do some strengthening.

Glad to a snack in the afternoon worked for energy for the run.
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #85
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
Went for a run tonight but only did a mile before my calves started to hurt, maybe time to rest up for a bit and do some strengthening.
I woke up today with the same problem, calves are way tight and I wasn't even able to run last night because it was pouring down rain. Must have ran in my dreams or something because yeow!
05-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #86
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That's the weird thing with my legs. My calves and shins feel so tight when I run, but the next day it's my thighs that ache. So weird.

But the sun was out today and I managed another after work run. Woooo! PLUS I was taking it easier and yet my stats were better than the last time I did that run. Loving it.
05-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #87
tiloah

My Support Groups:
That's the weird thing with my legs. My calves and shins feel so tight when I run, but the next day it's my thighs that ache. So weird.

But the sun was out today and I managed another after work run. Woooo! PLUS I was taking it easier and yet my stats were better than the last time I did that run. Loving it.
Yay! Oh man that's the best.

I always tell myself that these are training runs and I don't need to be competitive with myself but I can't help it. I need to see improvement in basically every run.
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #88
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
I don't look at run to run, but within a run i will try and make each quarter mile faster than the one before. Just in case i have a bluh day I won't feel as bad as long as i improve throughout the run.
05-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #89
tiloah

My Support Groups:
This is of course a sick side effect of allowing myself a Garmin. If I didn't use that thing I would have no idea if I'm improving or worsening or staying the same. I'd like, just be running.
05-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #90
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
This is of course a sick side effect of allowing myself a Garmin. If I didn't use that thing I would have no idea if I'm improving or worsening or staying the same. I'd like, just be running.
That's very true. I remember i would just run and feel like i am flying, look down at my watch and see a 10min mile...doh! I do recommend anyone who runs/bikes to get something to track their heart rate and if you can afford it the gps. There are a lot of used ones on craigslist and ebay.