Share Facebook

11-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #151
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Yea, exactly. When the weather is nasty it's so tempting to stay in bed under the warm blankets too (on the weekends at least).

I'm getting frustrated with these treadmills. It only gives you 30 seconds before it erases your workouts if you pause it! But it does let you save to USB. So my workout is saved in three different parts (I had to pause it to run to the bathroom). D:

I've started a resistance training regimen too. It's not very exciting right now but hopefully I can spice it up once it becomes routine. I love to bench press and I was very excited to find a machine that doesn't require a spotter.
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #152
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Nasty weather - Boxing Day last year - I got up to run downtown with a running group that my wife and I sometimes run with - the car slid down the driveway and I had to park on the road - the driveway was too icy to back the car into the garage. I took this as a hint and parked the car and went back to bed.

Managed to go out this morning and do 2.8 k in about 20 minutes. I am still doing 2 and 1's but might try running for 3 minutes and walking for a minute this week. I kind of ran in a group this morning with my wife who is getting back into running as well and someone noted that given my pace I should try the 3 and 1's this week. Ran on a harbourfront trail this morning - weather was great about 10 deg. C (51F) but windy - 25 mph winds.

I ran a bit on the treadmill last winter at the gym after work, it wasn't bad - just not as exciting as running outside. I may try some core training with stretch tubing, I did a bit of this last year and it seemed to help.

Last edited by hawkeye; 11-20-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #153
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Got out a couple of nights this week and did sets of run for 3 minutes, walk for a minute.Got between 2.5 and 3 k done both nights.

Winter has hit, got 25 cm (10 inches) of snow here Wednesday,
11-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #154
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
Keep it up hakweye...it will pay off huge! Wife and I started running doing 1x1, 2x1 etc After a few months she is now doing 8x1 and I was able to do 8 miles without resting. I have since injured my leg and am doing 1 mile walk 1 min for the half marathon this weekend, but were talking about it last night just how much we have improved in relatively short time. The weather and time change has messed with us and unfortunately don't run as much as we should, but we get out enough to maintain our current conditioning.
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #155
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks. My goal is to keep working at it and get back to 10 and 1's again.