Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Other non-IBD related illnesses

View Poll Results: What other non-IBD related illnesses do you have?
Diabetes 1 1.41%
Anemia 13 18.31%
Arthritis 14 19.72%
Kidney stones 5 7.04%
Other 21 29.58%
None of the above 17 23.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

04-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
sparkles

My Support Groups:
other non-IBD related illnesses

What other non-IBD related illnesses/problems do you have?
04-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Migraines. UGH.
04-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I get migraines too but I suspect they're somehow related to my gut illness since they both started right around the same time. I had exactly one migraine in my life up until age 30 - then my guts went haywire and I started getting relatively frequent migraines. Now that I'm on Entocort and things are fairly well controlled, I haven't had a migraine in months! So I think they've got to be related.

I also have arthritis and acid reflux. Also not sure if either of those are related to my guts or not. I'm still undiagnosed so there are so many unknowns!
04-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

I have kidney stones, but it is said to be IBD related and arthritis. I dont get migraines, thank God almost every woman I know gets them! They say sex helps
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Pen, I am glad I don't have kidney stones, but my husband has them. I'd rather have migraines than kidney stones - my migraines fortunately don't last very long, an hour or two. The auras are the worst part, they freak me out! Hubby was in such pain the other night from his kidney stone that vicodin wasn't even touching his pain. Yep, I'd rather have migraines than that!
04-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
tiloah

My Support Groups:
That's crazy. I was diagnosed with migraines and Crohn's within a few months of each other. I had never had migraines in my life and suddenly I was getting debilitating ones three times a week! I thought I was going to have to go on Welfare or kill myself. I think actually that was when I was on Entocort and they went crazy! But also because I was on Nuvaring at the same time. That was the lowest period of my life (I was newly married and my partner was out of work).

But if they're related I may be in more trouble than I thought. We've been assuming my Crohn's has been under control up until now, but my migraines have definitely not been! Although they are 10,000 times better off of the birth control.
04-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Pen, I am glad I don't have kidney stones, but my husband has them. I'd rather have migraines than kidney stones - my migraines fortunately don't last very long, an hour or two. The auras are the worst part, they freak me out! Hubby was in such pain the other night from his kidney stone that vicodin wasn't even touching his pain. Yep, I'd rather have migraines than that!
I have had 5 or 6, 4 being all at once but had them done with lithotripsy , except I had a fragment still on the left. 2 years later I pass it, that was last month, I found it whilst peeing and took it to be analysed. It was a Calcium oxilate kind. I know that men have a much harder time than women...they have a longer passage. Can't fathom that. But in comparison, I'd rather pass a kidney stone than a bowel obstruction...for me there is NO greater pain. Hope your hubby passes it. He needs to drink tons of water!!
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Diesanduhr: Yeah, now that you mention it my headaches went crazy when I started Entocort too. My GI put me on Amitriptyline to control the headaches and since then, I've only had the occasional headache and no migraines.

Pen: Hubby's supposed to have a procedure next month where they go up the urethra and zap the stones with a laser, but he's hoping to at least pass the big one on his own before then, so he is drinking tons of water every day. He wants to avoid that procedure if possible because it sounds both expensive and unpleasant! I've never had a kidney stone nor a bowel obstruction (knock on wood) so I couldn't compare, but both sound awful!
04-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Well now I can tell ya! Lithotripsy is one thing I will avoid in the future, I had the right side done (right behind the crohns area) and put my bowels in spasams and I was hospitalized both times and puked my brains out (gosh I need my brains lol) and was on morphine for 2 days. The idiot doctor who was presiding next to the technologist didnt realize I had crohns! So the next time I went in, I didnt eat and took gravol and he said "oh this is the one will a low pain tolerance" and I said "NO, this is the one who has crohns disease and you are banging on it!!! My left side was done and it was fine but they missed a fragment. I am assuming your hubby will be put out or a local? I am wincing just thinking about it ...ewww.
04-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Pen, they said it would be an outpatient procedure so I'm guessing it's a local, don't know for sure though. He's got one stone in each kidney right now, a small one in the left and the big one in the right. They said the big one is about 5 mm x 7 mm and the small one is just barely there. He doesn't have IBD or any other health problems so hopefully it won't cause him other problems to have the procedure done. The procedure sounds awful but so does passing a stone that big, especially since like you said he's a guy and the stone has a longer way to pass through!
04-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
I developed ME/CFS at 15 (textbook development). Tummy issues started at 19, by which time I had began slowly to recover from it
2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!
04-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #12
Scifimom

My Support Groups:
Asthma, I have it since I was 3 y.o.
04-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #13
Keona

endometriosis and migraines.
Dx Endometriosis April 2011

"if nothing changes - nothing changes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=530585394

Last edited by Keona; 04-26-2011 at 08:20 AM.
04-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I have Essential Tremor... another disorder nobody has ever heard of! My hands, arms, legs, and sometimes head will shake uncontrollably when they muscles are activated and fighting the pull of gravity. I have wondered if my Crohn's may have been the cause of my tremors.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
KaLa

But also because I was on Nuvaring at the same time. That was the lowest period of my life (I was newly married and my partner was out of work).
Although they are 10,000 times better off of the birth control.[/QUOTE]

I used to get wicked migraines when I used birth control pills. I get an occasional headache every now and again, but no migraines since I stopped "the pill."
04-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #16
breesie

endometriosis, migraine headaches, and allergies, allergies, allergies!
04-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
aliciars

I get nasty headaches now too, but I think they are from my meds. Seems to be worse when I'm coming off of prednisone or starting a new taper level. Thankfully the CD is enough for me at this point. :-)
Proctofoam (trying again?)

Supplements:
calcium+D, vit B, multi, aloe vera caplets & Fish oil

Tried:
Lialda 4.8 mg (Dr suspects allergic reation)
Colocort Enemas (increased bleeding)
Proctofoam (did nothing)
Prednisone (6 months did nothing but have me gain 30+ pounds...booo)
Humira weekly injections
Remicade (allergic reaction - hives)
Canasa suppository
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #18
Pirate

Heart attack- age 49. Migraines, since age 30.

Greg Yancer
Diagnosed w/ CD Febuary 1986
No surgeries
Current meds:REMICADE (CATS SCARE ME), Pentasa, Nexium, Probonics.
05-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #19
lulu2

My Support Groups:
Heart arrhythmia issues and a leaky valve.....
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
HeatherMN

Migraines, fibromyalgia, allergies
Appendectomy January 2011
Humira 40 mg; also Flexeril, Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin, Salagen, vitamin D,
co-Q-10, DMAE, biotin, acai, multivitamin with ginger
05-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
suec

endometriosis, heart attack aged 40, copd.
05-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
itsMeFred

gall bladder disease/surgery
05-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
Crohnadian

Anemia. Ostepenia. Collapsed arches (means bad knees, bad hips, bad back. Essentially, skeletal problems.. prednisone doesn't make it any better -_-). Overly dry skin in places, and poor blood circulation in extremities

Surgery (stricture and small-bowel loop) on October 29th, 2010

"If you think you can win, you can win. Faith is necessary to victory."
William Hazlitt

Updated 11/15/2010
05-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #24
bangarang

I know I have arthritis since before crohns.
I had kidney stones for the first time last year for about 4months.
That was fun!
05-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #25
zye

I suspect I have Asperger's syndrome but I've never gotten tested because I don't see a reason to. And since being diagnosed with UC my pancreatic enzymes have been elevated, no cysts/duct problems were found though so the doctors aren't really concerned.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Other non-IBD related illnesses