Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » European Crohn's Register

04-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

European Crohn's Register

Hi everyone,

I was at clinic yesterday and despite having been on elemental since the wednesday before Christmas I have now started Azathioprine last night as every time I eat everything flares again Grrrrr. I have felt really good on the elemental drinks but just cant eat!

My gastro team asked if I would join the European Crohn's Register which is a research project involving 2,000 patients on Remicade and 2,000 patients on Azathioprine and other routes (funnily enough thats where I come in ).

It involves a 2 page questionnaire every 6mths in clinic and runs over a timescale of 5yrs. They want to look at the effectiveness of the Remicade as opposed to the other options available like Azathioprine. Ask about your quality of life, work etc to get an overall picture.

I think this is a good thing and will be interesting to see the results down the line.

I know alot of you are based in the States etc but was wondering if anyone else in the UK or Europe had been approached about it?

Jan
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
ruthymg

Hi Jan. I live in the UK, but haven't heard of this. I have been taking Azathioprine for years on and off but I haven't actually been to clinic for about 2 months so thats probably why I know nothing about it. I'll ask about it when I go in next though. Thanks for the info

Ruth
04-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Hi Ruth,

I was thinking of you and a couple of others when I posted and hoped you would come back to me.

Will be interesting to see what your team think etc.

Hope you are well.

Jan

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » European Crohn's Register