Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Related Tattoo pics!

04-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
ameslouise

Crohn's Related Tattoo pics!

Inspired by Hailey's tattoo discussion in the Your Story section, here is a place where we can post pics of our Crohn's or disease related tattoo. I'll start!

Here's mine. It's a heart (that's me!) with stars underneath representing my husband Levi, son Harrison, my mom and my dad. My Crohn's diagnosis was really tough for me to accept. I got the tattoo to remind me that the love and support of these four very special people is all I really need to help me through. I look at it every day and it makes me smile. It is on my wrist, in case you can't tell by the pic.

Last edited by ameslouise; 04-12-2011 at 04:40 PM.
04-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
happy

My Support Groups:
ameslouise,
It's awesome!
I've been following your story on the forum for awhile. I hope that you are recovering well from your surgery and that you are a little less lonely from when your parents left to go home. May you soon be well.
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
ameslouise

Thanks, Happy! I am doing great so far and adjusting to my mom and dad being gone!
04-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
vickyoddsocks
wears odd socks

Awww I wanna post pics of mine I'm at my mums now so don't have my computer, my pics will have to wait till after surgery I'm afraid. But I'll make sure I remember
That's cool Ames, like it alot! x
04-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #5
Keona

me too - I like it a lot!
Dx Endometriosis April 2011

"if nothing changes - nothing changes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=530585394
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I noticed your tattoo when we met last Sunday, and I really liked it. I like it even more now knowing how much it means. Very cool.

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...
04-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Awesome tattoo Amy!

I'm too much of a baby to get a tattoo. And I don't think I could make the commitment!
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
04-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Yes, it's lovely Ames.....and has given me a yearning for another ( have one my sister designed me for my 40th. ) One to celebrate my Crohn's diagnosis. Hell, I refuse to grow old gracefully!!

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Love the tat Amy! That is a very special one, and such love behind it. Once again, you are proving an inspiration to sooo many.

Huggles,
Misty
04-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Astra

My Support Groups:
I love it too Amy!

I have found my tattoo but don't know how to post it here cos I'm such a Luddite!
I can print it off to show the tattooist.

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

04-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
Fog Ducker

I like that! The heart looks really cool and unique!

Dx UC: 2006. Dx CD: 2008
Current Meds: Remecade 800mg evry 6 weeks, Methatrexate 7.5mg once a week oraly, Asacol 800mg 3 times a day.
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
ameslouise

Thanks everyone! Now let me see YOUR pics!!! I don't want to be the only one up here!
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
TheMrs

My Support Groups:
I have one ( my first, just got it this past sept) and it incorporates the teal ribbon for ovarian cancer( my mom is a survivor) as well as some pieces for my brother who died last May. I wasn't sure if you were looking for other diseases or meant ibd only but I'm always happy to show it if you want to see. ( btw, I'm 40, I also got a body piercing this year, I keep telling my husband I'm on my midlife crisis world tour!)

04-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
ameslouise

Yes! Post the pic!

I'll join you in that midlife crisis!!!
04-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
TheMrs

My Support Groups:

It's across my ribs under my left boob, the butterfly and the word "ditto" are for my brother (family story) and the five forget me nots represent each member of my family. ( husband, me, three kids and/or my parents, me and two brothers)

I have a good friend who is a tattoo artist in philadelphia ( hes since moved) and came to my house to do it.

Eta: wow, sorry that came out big. It's hard to get the whole thing in with my phone too
04-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
It's beautiful :-)
04-15-2011, 03:15 AM   #17
Scifimom

My Support Groups:

After I was diagnosed (and almost died) I decided that I wanted to do a few things on my bucket list before I died. One of them was to get a tattoo. I got two dolphins to represent my daughters, now I have them with me all the time. After Easter I will get another tattoo in my arm, an origami crane (for health) with my name and my husbands name.
04-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
Astra

My Support Groups:
Wow, they are both gorgeous tattoos girls!
04-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
ameslouise

Love, love,love them both. I love reading the stories behind them.

(and inspiring me to get another....)
04-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
crohnicaly stinky

Great Tatoo Amy, espeically the story behind it! Love the Dolphins Scifimom!
04-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #21
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I love this thread! I'm thinking along the lines of cherry blossoms with the purple ribbon incorporated. My sister could probably design it for me. Our family name is Cherry. She's diabetic, my brother has asthma and excema and my mum has Alzheimer's so I might need a few ribbons-lol.

Last edited by Grumbletum; 04-17-2011 at 03:55 AM.
04-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I love this thread! I'm thinking along the lines of cherry blossoms with the purple ribbon incorporated. My sister could probably design it for me. Our family name is Cherry. She's diabetic, my brother has asthma and excema and my mum has Alzheimer's so I might need a few ribbons-lol.
Oh that sounds like it would be a lovely and meaningful tattoo.

Ames, Scifimom, TheMrs and Farm - love the pics. I will post a pic of mine if I get around to it.

Lately I have been really wanting to get something relatively large on my calf, but I'm not sure the specifics. My philosophy is generally you'll have it your whole life so there's no hurry... Not really something I want to be impulsive about. I've had a lot going on/gone through a lot this year so I think I would like to "mark myself" in some way in recognition. Like I've earned it or something.

Last edited by tiloah; 04-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
04-21-2011, 02:59 AM   #23
pjmel

This is my new tattoo - it is my second one. The first one I had done 13 years ago. It is an American Indian dreamcatcher - I got it as a tribute to myself after surviving almost a year of hell after I was diagnosed with CD and had my first surgery. This second one I got almost a week ago. It is on my stomach - not sure if I chose that spot deliberately but I guess I wanted to associate something beautiful with my belly instead of the pain and discomfort that I expericence. The quality of the pic isn't great - was done about five minutes after it was done and I took it with my mobile phone. But it is beautiful and I love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new tat 3.jpg (77.9 KB, 460 views)
Beginnings of arthritis
Drug-Induced Lupus
Current meds : Imuran, Questran Lite, B12 Injections, Endep, Allipurinol, Entyvio, Nexium, Panadiene Extra, Targin, Plaquenil
Other alternative treatments : Oliveleaf extract.
04-21-2011, 03:13 AM   #24
Scifimom

My Support Groups:
Pretty!
04-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #25
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Love it So pretty and delicate.
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #26
crohnicaly stinky

pmjel, That's very beautiful, the detail is excellent.
05-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
hannah-rose
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
not sure if I chose that spot deliberately but I guess I wanted to associate something beautiful with my belly instead of the pain and discomfort
I always said I'd NEVER get a tattoo, but since everything that's happened I've been thinking about getting one. I'd like one on my bum a floral design with purple flowers, small and delicate, and I'd like it because I want to associate my body, specifically my bum, with being attractive again.

Diagnosed 2011
Current meds: 6MP and plenty of exercise!
Previous meds: Metronidazole, Infliximab, Humira, Azathioprine
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #28
cheeky

great thread topic! i love tatts... those look great...

i have a few tatts, but too shy to post pics *blushing*

lol so i'll just enjoy the thread instead.
05-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #29
ameslouise

Cheeky! Post 'em!!!

You never have anything to be shy about here!

Oooh, unless it's like a tattoo my uncle told me he once saw on a chick at a biker bar. She had a snake going down her belly, into her panties and the mouth of the snake was, well, use your imagination....
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #30
ifeelsick

Awesome thread! I don't have any pics of mine readily available, but I'll explain them now and post the pics later. Firstly, if you look at my avatar, you'll see some Japanese kanji characters. In Japanese they are pronounced "byouki" and they mean "sick" or "illness". I have those characters tattooed on my stomach, one on each side of my belly button. Normally I don't tell anyone what they mean due to the fact that I don't feel like they'd understand the exact meaning, and quite frankly, it's none of their business. But I'm sure you all understand, so I'm happy to reveal the meaning here.

Now, look down at my signature and you'll see the latin phrase "Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam". It means "I shall either find a way, or make one". I have that tattooed across the inside of my right forearm. It's just a reminder to me that no matter how bad things get, or how impossible people may think something is, I will find a way to overcome. I've been dealing with digestive problems with no relief for decades(literally), so I need a reminder that I have the power within myself to survive, get better and eventually have a life.

And just in case anyone was wondering, that phase was allegedly spoken by Carthaginian Military Commander Hannibal Barca(he supposedly said it in his own Punic language, not Latin...but being that I'm of both Italian and Northern African decent, I liked having a mixture of both cultures) when the generals in his army told him it was impossible to take elephants over the Swiss Alps towards Rome. He did succeed in that endeavor, won many battles against the Romans, and occupied a good portion of Italy for 15 years. He was only defeated when Rome invaded Northern Africa, and he was forced to return to fight the battle at home. The point is, he never gave up. Neither will I.

I have other tattoos, but they don't have anything to do with my Crohn's(or whatever it is. I'm still undiagnosed, but confident it's Crohn's). I'll be sure to come back and post the pics of the ones I mentioned; if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Related Tattoo pics!