Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Promethus labs, new blood test for those with crohns

04-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
maxibear

My Support Groups:
promethus labs, new blood test for those with crohns

as some know, they have a patent on all their tests and this one is expensive, about 650 dollers, but i am covered. its a test that predicts future complications for those diagnosed withiin a few years. test is brand new. in ny, doctors have been faxed info and being called on by their sales reps. for some this may prove usefull. i plan on having it done, even though i had complications, but i am curious to see the markers they use, and what my chances are for more fun time. i am saying that sarcasticly, og course. name of test-crohns prognostic system test, not on the prometeus site yet or i cant find it, it is new and another tool, although a part of me does not want to know whats in store. hope this helps. they are in san diego ca and have a toll free number, which escapes my memory, but its on the web
emergency stricturplasty surgury april 1, 2010- april fools on me, lol, dianosed mid april chrones, although i had no symptoms- currently on pentassa 8 blue ones a day, vit d, liquid fish oil, and a bunch of other great drugs for my i various problems.
04-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
The test has been around for years - my Doc in Mt Kisco NY ordered it over 10 years ago for me....of course, I found out AFTER that it wasn't covered by my insurance!

Don't remember the results though.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
04-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
maxibear

My Support Groups:
The test has been around for years - my Doc in Mt Kisco NY ordered it over 10 years ago for me....of course, I found out AFTER that it wasn't covered by my insurance!

Don't remember the results though.....
diffrent test- been around for 6 months and just avilable in ny this month. this comes from prometheus
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
yup - I had a Prometheus test done....are they doing a different one now?
04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Yes I think Prometheus has a new test out...

On the one hand if you have a test that says you're likely to have complications in the near future, that might get your doctor to prescribe stronger drugs to head it off... on the other, people who the test shows a low likelihood of complications might not be able to get the drugs they need from either the doctor or the insurance company using it to justify denial. Bleh.
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
maxibear

My Support Groups:
google, prometheus crohns prognistic, lots of good empiracle data, not that anyone wants to really know whats down the pike,but worth looking at. i actually learned alot and will have this done out of curiosity, even though i had surgury
05-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
ade77

what is the name of this new test? anyone know

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Promethus labs, new blood test for those with crohns