Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Taking Flagyl & Cipro for perianal abscess: Allergic to Cipro, still take?

04-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
brinycbri

Taking Flagyl & Cipro for perianal abscess: Allergic to Cipro, still take?

So I have a perianal abscess which was drained yesterday. the dr put me on Cipro and flagyl. Strangely, Cipro gives me these ulcerative rashes and itches and once again, this happened. If I just take Flagyl, is that enough or if I cut out Cipro am I really killing my chances of preventing a fistula or recovery from the abscess?
04-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
maxibear

My Support Groups:
dont take cipro for a long period of time- it causes ruptures of achillies tendon. i know, i am wearing a cast. was on cipro for a year, but gi forgot to tell me or was not aware
emergency stricturplasty surgury april 1, 2010- april fools on me, lol, dianosed mid april chrones, although i had no symptoms- currently on pentassa 8 blue ones a day, vit d, liquid fish oil, and a bunch of other great drugs for my i various problems.
04-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
ameslouise

I wouldn't stop taking it without discussing with your doc. Why did they even put you on it if you are allergic???

BTW, Cipro and Levaquin are in the same class and both can cause tendon issues/ruptures.
04-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Talk to your doc. Let them know what is going on so they can tell you what to do. An abscess is not something to mess around with, nor is allergic reaction.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Taking Flagyl & Cipro for perianal abscess: Allergic to Cipro, still take?