• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worried!

Hi!

About one and a half weeks ago I developed some pain in the right groin area, since I had a hernia on the left about 10 years ago, I went to get an ultrasound but there was no hernia to be found.

Since then the pain has move upwards still on the right side (appendix area) and sort of just below the right rib cage.

I feel somewhat bloated, I don't have diarrhea but it's still sort of smaller pieces....

I have no fever, or vomiting. Since it has been over a week I am worried I might have this CD....

I am kind of paranoid of incurable chronic stuff, I developed tinnitus, a ringing in the ears a year ago and I don't need a another chronic disease!

Astra

Hiya Lawk
and welcome

You'll have to visit the GP, get a referral to gastro and get some tests done, to confirm CD.
Try sipping some cooled boiled water, sometimes the symptoms that you've described is indigestion or trapped wind.
hope you get something sorted soon, don't leave it too long.
xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Lawk! How long have you been feeling this way? As Joan said, you should meet with a GI to discuss your symptoms and to have testing. Better safe than sorry!

ameslouise

Hi Lawk - Yes, it sounds a visit to a good GI is in order! You should get a full battery of tests to see what's going on in there!

Good luck - let us know what you find out.

- Amy

Hi,

It went away for a week, now I feel constipated again. I was in hospital last friday for a day, the surgeon thought it was appendicitis after all, but after a blood test and an ultrasound they discharged me saying it probably isnt appendicitis.

Now im having a gastroscopy on thursday, might be an infection of the duodenum they say. If not ill go for a Colonoscopy too I guess.

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway. I still hope I don't have this though :D

I had my gastroscopy today, and he took some probes, but said theres nothing wrong. Besides the coloscopy any other tests I could propose ?

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am not sure what you mean by "he took some probes". I assume you mean you had a scope? Were biopsies taken?

You may want to do testing to be sure your small intestine looks fine, as well. Some people's Crohn's only affect the small intestine and not the colon. Tests for this could include the pill cam or an endoscopy. Have you had your bloods checked, too?

Yes, biopsy. Blood was taken several times, nothing wrong with it though according to the docs. If the problem persists I hope someone here offers pill cam, because the gastroscopy was horrible! I was gagging towards the end :(