• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

GottoGo's Story

Hello! I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2004 and am going to have a resection in June. Azasan has kept me in remission for many years. Last August I started experiencing a lot of upper GI issues. All upper issues were cleared. The doctor suggested a small bowel x-ray series. The series showed a section of my intestine is 2 mm smaller than it is supposed to be. I was told when I was diagnosed that this area would have to be removed. The upper GI pain was from the food not passing through and backing up. Gross!

So, 7 years after diagnosis I am going to have the resection. I would love to hear stories of those who have had a resection. I am holding out until June, because I am teacher. I am experiencing a lot of pain and currently am only taking 300 mg of Azasan. I can no longer tolerate anything higher.

TIA

I am so happy to find a place where other Crohnies hang out.

ameslouise

Hi Tia and welcome! Love your username!

This is where all the cool Crohnies hang out! You will find lots of good advice and information here as well as support.

Good luck with the resection. You will fill tons better after you are recovered! June is a long time to wait - I hope the time passes quickly!

- Amy

Yes, I deal with all the craziness in my life with humor so that is where the inspiration came for the username.

TIA is not actually my name. I used it as Thanks In Advance. It is commonly used in another forum I am on. That is too funny! Maybe, I should go by TIA though. It is kind of sassy compared to my plain name of Susan.

Amy - I noticed you are from Pottstown, where they make Yuengling beer. I am not a beer drinker, but my mother in law is from there.

Hi welcome :)

Wow June is a long time to wait for that since it needs to come out. I also hope that it comes fast for you! Good luck when you do have the resection.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Susan and welcome! I give you credit for being a Crohnie teacher! I used to teach middle school English before diagnosis (now I am in an office position), and never had a chance to pee let alone make numerous trips to the bathroom without a moments notice!

That is great news you had many years of remission, but I am sorry you are facing surgery this summer. I hope you can hang in until June and all goes smoothly. Good luck!

Hi gottago, and welcome.
Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. I hope the surgery goes well for you.
This forum is great, so many nice, supportive people. You can get almost any question answered.
So,
Are you a public or private school teacher? And do you know anything about the 504? My son is newly diagnosed, his current school is no problem. However, he starts high school in the fall.
God bless you, teachers are so grossly under appreciated. Almost every parent seems to think, MY KID DIDN'T DO IT!! lol

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

XJillX - I am a public school teacher. I have had students on 504s before. I would love to help you with anything. Is his 504 for health or academic issues?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

XJillX - I am a public school teacher. I have had students on 504s before. I would love to help you with anything. Is his 504 for health or academic issues?

I guess it protects them from being made a target for too many bathroom trips, that kind of thing. It is really quite extensive. Alot to protect severe cases. It comes up on google.

ameslouise

TIA is not actually my name. I used it as Thanks In Advance. It is commonly used in another forum I am on. That is too funny! Maybe, I should go by TIA though. It is kind of sassy compared to my plain name of Susan.

Amy - I noticed you are from Pottstown, where they make Yuengling beer. I am not a beer drinker, but my mother in law is from there.
Whoops, sorry Susan!

Unf they do not make Yeungling in Pottstown. They make it in Pottsville, which is about an hour away from here! Oh well, can't drink beer anymore anyway!! :)

I guess it protects them from being made a target for too many bathroom trips, that kind of thing. It is really quite extensive. Alot to protect severe cases. It comes up on google.
A 504 plan would be great for your son. You just need to provide proof of his diagnosis. It could prove to be really helpful for testing situations like the SATs, which typically don't allow you to leave during testing. You could also document him having access to a somewhat private bathroom and being allowed to go at all times. I would have his current school create the 504. They are familiar with him. PM me if you anymore questions.