Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Were you delivered vaginally, or by Cesarean?

View Poll Results: Were you delivered vaginally, or by Cesarean section?
By Cesarean section 33 23.57%
Vaginally 107 76.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

11-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #31
shazz

Me(UC + possible Crohns) and my sister(IBS) were both delivered vaginally.
My Mum was a fast deliverer. She had my sister in 45 minutes from first contraction to Dad cutting the cord. She nearly had me in the lift on the way to the delivery suite, luckily she crossed her legs! I was in 30 minutes from first contraction to cord cut, hense the near lift delivery.
I was very hopeful for my first child to be born with no pain, no long drawn out labour!! How wrong could I be. Started contraction on the Saturday morning about 5am. He was eventually born on the Monday morning, 5am, by emergency c-section. I stopped dilating at 5cm on the Sunday morning but they wanted to see if I would go any further.
My second child I had asked for a planned c-section due to the events of the first birth. I was refused. Went into labour on the Sunday morning, 8am, he was delivered by emergency c-section Monday evening, 8.30pm. Turns out I have a mis-aligned pelvis so would never be able to deliver vaginally.
Sorry it went on for so long.
Sharon
Am on: Citalopram,warfarin, paracetamol
Ozzie was born on 2/2/12
23/2/12 p.e in both lungs.
Now the gallbladder decides to say hello!!
11-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #32
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I was delivered vaginally but had to be turned cause apparently I wanted to come out butt first. What else is new? :P

Edit: My sister who also has Crohn's was delivered vaginally but required no turning.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
01-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #33
tlc-x
Undiagnosed Teenager

I was born throuhg my mums vagina. Lucky me.

But I was born with problems - morning glory and a hemangioma. It affected my eyes and head and probably my brain I guess. It was my brain that caused the issues. Lucky I escaped from having an operation to remove the hemangioma because it went itself. The morning glory in my eye will always be there. This means the back of my eye is in the shape of a flower. I've seen pictures and it's gross! But i'll always be a flower xD

Then at 7 I got.. HSP. Which affects my immune system. I was young when I had it, so it was cured but shows that my immune is down.

And now this IBD. Still not diagnosed!

My brother and sister were born vaginally too. My sister has stomach problems too but hers is down to stress so if she stays calm, she's ok. My brother will eat bacon raw and not get ill. Not fair!!

My cousins and aunts and everyone were all pretty much vaginal babies and most of them have crohns or uc.
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #34
LittlebitsMommy

All 3 of my kiddos were Vaginal births
03-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #35
Catherine

My Support Groups:
All 3 of my children were Vaginal births, and big babies, 8lb 10oz, 10lb 1oz and 8lb 2oz.
Small bowel to small bowel fistula

Meds: ), azathioprine 200mg, Mesalazine 1.2g x 2, seretide 250 x 2 (asthma), ventolin (as needed)

Currently no supplements.

Has previously taken Multi B, Caltrate, B12 & Iron

Prednisolone (from 30 mg 01/02/2012 to 17/06/2012, 30mg 24/10/12-28/12/12, 50mg 24/1/13-27/4/13)
03-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #36
linsey

I was cut out (sorry for the strange word choise but I forgot the right word again :/) but the same happend with my two older brothers so yea :/
03-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #37
ekay03
My dog has hands!

I was cut out (sorry for the strange word choise but I forgot the right word again :/) but the same happend with my two older brothers so yea :/
I think the tearm you are looking for is cesarean section
Nexium
Buspar
Zoloft
amlodipine
clonidine
Ferrous Sulfate
Folic acid
multivitamin
Bentyl as needed
Lyrica x2 daily for pain
Norco as needed for pain
Ondansetron as needed for nausea
Miacalcin for the bones
That's a lot of stuff, but I feel good

Friend me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=580468712
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #38
flowergirl

my mother was born vaginally and she has celiac. i was born vaginally. my son was a c-section. i'm sure he'll end up being fine.
04-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #39
Neko76

My Support Groups:
Plain old vaginally as well.....
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #40
Amber82

I was born vaginally, broke my coller bone on the way out and had the cord around my neck. Needless to say I was blue. Oh and I was 8lb 10oz big baby for my mabe 5foot mom
04-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #41
Rebecca85

I forgot to mention, whoever thought being breech was special, I was born transverse. Ie sideways! The transverse position is similar to how you would cradle a baby in your arms, head one side, feet the other. Normally they would do a c-section but it was too late by the time they realised (they thought they had successfully turned me). No wonder it was so traumatic!

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
04-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #42
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Good lord Rebecca! Your poor Mother!
04-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #43
tots

My Support Groups:
Vaginal delivery- as were two of my kids- the last one and the smallest was an emerency c-section and there was an emergency during that! Seems he was not at all ready for the eviction notice.

When I was 5 1/2 months pregnant the radiologist suggested I abort the baby as he felt my baby had Downs Syndrom. He was 6 weeks early at 6.6 lbs- he is now 17 yrs old- 6'2 weighs 218 makes straight A's and leads HS baseball team with 3 homeruns so far this season !! Steven got the last laugh on that one!!

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Were you delivered vaginally, or by Cesarean?