• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cymed Ostomy Supplies

LOSTnut

Poopy
Hey Stoma-Gang,

has anybody ever heard or even used the Cymed Ostomy supplies?

Currently, I am having problems again with keeping my application on me longer than a day, sometimes I even have to change twice a day. Result: broken, irritated skin and depression because I am really afraid to leave the house for more than an hour.

So, I found this website http://www.cymedostomy.com and it looks phantastic. I have ordered samples but was wondering if anybody here in the forum has heard and/or USED this product and can give some feedback as to its quality and truth of its claims.

Thanks for any response!

Heike

Hi Heike,
I tried a sample a while back. Two things I didn't like: for Ileo's, it only comes in a one piece, and the sample I tried had a hokey twist tie closure system.

The wafer was very thin and an interesting material. I have read some people complain about difficulty in taking the wafer off (the thin "plastic" was coming apart). I had no trouble and it came off in one piece.

LOSTnut

Poopy
Joe - thanks for the feedback. I am surprised that they don't offer a 2 piece for an ileostomy but right now my main concern is, to keep it on my body longer and I think in my case the thin skinlike product just might help. Wish me luck! :)

Thanks, Amy, I will definitely post if I like it once it gets here and I can give it a shot. :)

LOSTnut

Poopy
I called Cymed to make sure that they received my email request and the cs rep said they have a 2-piece, however not with the microskin, only regular adhesive. But, he is sending both plus the rest of the product line for ileostomies.
Bad part is that it can take a "couple of weeks" for the samples to arrive. OUCH!

I have also had trouble with my skin and have has weepy skin on and off for a while now. I tried cymed and if your skin is weepy than it will fall off immediately. The only way for it to stick is if your skin is absolutely dry and stays dry. If you sweat it won't hinder the device but again if your skin is weepy you will develop pockets of puss under the device until your entire skin under the appliance begins to get wet and worse off. I have found the best thing for me to do, from the knowledge of my Vanderbilt ostomy nurses, is to use a non-adhesive device until my skin gets better. An easy way to do this is to get Hollister brand appliances, Eakin seals, and a good ostomy belt. Cut your hole into the backing of the Hollister appliance, then apply an Eakin seal directly to the backing(note: not the sticky part of the appliance) and mold it so it goes slightly inside of your stoma hole. Now attach the ostomy belt and hold it on for a few minutes. The good thing about using this system is that your skin will be able to rest for a bit, the downside is it's easier to have a blowout of which I had in public one day although I got lucky as it was a slow blowout.haha

I have since upgraded to using Convatec appliances, cutting off all of the tape, and applying the Eakin seal to the sticky part of the appliance following the same earlier directions. It works better but my skin near my stoma is healed. I've actually played volleyball like this while putting just a little of my own tape to keep everything in place better.

I hope it works out for you. Later on try the Cymed when you heal

LOSTnut

Poopy
Thanks, Jeff.
My skin is not weepy but I will remember to pat the skin thoroughly dry before using (for now) one of the samples -- well, once they arrive.

Hi Heike,
I took care of my son's ileostomy for 18 months, and also had trouble with irritated skin. I spent countless hours researching this issue. I found that the most important step I was missing was making sure the skin was absolutely 100% dry before applying the new wafer. You would be amazed how long your skin stays damp after you think its dry. After I cleaned the skin area around the stoma with Johnsons liquid baby soap, I would use the hairdryer to dry the skin, then I applied A LOT of the convatec stomadhesive protective powder - that stuff is like a miracle in a bottle. I would literally cover the area, dust it off lightly, then saturate the skin with the 3M Cavilon no sting barrier spray. I would repeat this 2 or 3 times, depending on how much protection he needed, and then I WOULD DRY THE SKIN WITH A HAIRDRYER REALLY WELL. You can feel the skin with the back of your hand, it takes a while for it to dry. Then I would apply the new wafer (I used convatec 2 piece), and I would apply pressure to the wafer with one hand, and use the hairdryer in the other hand to warm the appliance a bit. Hold it down for about 3 minutes. If you get any skin irritation under the tape, you can also put the protective powder ON TOP of the tape - it actually goes through those little perforations in the tape. I used to cut away the tape or wafer as much as I could when his skin was inflamed, and used a belt - in the beginning when it was very bad, I cut away all the tape and even some of the wafer. I would change him every 3rd day until his skin healed. Hope this helps you in some way.

LOSTnut

Poopy
Well, I finally got the Cymed samples 2 days ago and the "opportunity" to start using them yesterday. What a bust!!!
My Ileo output is generally very fluid, which is why I have such problems keeping the appliance on my skin. I was very disappointed with the Cymed products for three reasons: :mad2:
1) They were very stingy with the samples and send only two wafers.
2) Despite the fact that I talked to the rep and his promise to send the 2-piece system (usually for colostomies) AND the 1-piece for the Ileostomy, I only received the 2-piece system.
3) The sample shipment literally took forever to get here. I think it was 6 weeks.

Anyhow, I put the first one on and 2 hours later output had seeped under the "skin" and I had to take it off. So, I tried the second sample with an Eakin ring and that lasted me probably 3-4 hours before it came off.

Because of my problems I had such high hopes and it was really a comlete let-down. :frown:

In the meantime, ConvaTec's samples of the (to me) new moldable sytem arrived and I put that one on. So far, so good. I really like the fact that you don't need to cut a hole anymore and for now it does as it promises and really goes snuggly around the stoma. I now really, really hope to get some longer wear out of it. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Did the Cymed sample they sent at least have the newer velcro style rollup closure? As for Convatec, when I tried it, the paper like flange lifted off my skin in the bath. So let us know how it works for you when wet. Good luck!

Is your skin dry or is it weepy from the irritation? If even an eakin is not helping, maybe you need a convex wafer??? Also, Hollister makes a convex adapt ring. I use the regular Adapt ring but I have not tiried convex. Maybe the combo of a convex wafer and eakin seal would do the trick.

Terriernut

Heike, I hope you find something that works for you! I'm going to try the new convatex myself on Tues/Weds my days off. I'm looking forward to a snuggly fit around Stan. With my hernia causing me so much in the way of skin problems, and also an ileostomy with a naughty Stan and the big D, I could use a miracle product!

I wonder if some of Joes advice would help me as well.

Joe, have you considered being a stoma nurse??? :ycool:

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
HA! Are you kidding me?? No, they still had that twisty-tie closure thingamagic. I mean, come on -- the CEO is supposedly an ostomate and she cannot get with the program????

As for the ConvaTec: I don't really care for the bag, which seems to be longer than the Hollister ones that I normally use and the filter covers part of the output (viewing) area. On the other hand, that makes the top of the bag a little shorter than the flappy Hollister filter top. In general, I am still somewhat impressed by the hole that really seems to hug the stoma.
Because of the still draining abcess I don't shower daily (gurr...) but wash up at the sink. Part of the wafer frame is going over my scar and it lifted off yesterday over that part. I peeked underneath and saw that the flange itself was still secure so I tried (as they said in the video) to pat it dry and re-fasten it but that didn't work. So, I taped it back on with some papertape and it is still on.
However, I came to realize that living in Southern Arizona and having a Saturday house cleaning ritual does require to take it off on those days (and enjoy a long shower ::): ) because the sweat doesn't help much in keeping it on the skin. Yesterday, the skin was still to tender to do so and I want to see how long the ConvaTec lasts.

Normally, I use the Hollister 2-piece with 1/2 of an adapter ring around the part where the stoma retracts to the skin level and the convex wafer. Most of the time I get 2 good days out of it, but often times the third day becomes a gamble.

And, no, my skin is not weepy when the appliance comes off to often, just irritated and red. ConvaTec's rep told me to put Stomahesive powder on the skin when it is weepy to dry it up and get a better adhesion.

My other two problems are that I usually "pop" after I eat, which makes re-applying extremely trying because the stoma is so active. And, because I am old and my skin is flabby I try to lay down and stretch the skin a bit to put the wafer on. Right now, because I am not working, it isn't that big of a deal, but I have two job interviews next week and I am deathly afraid of either popping during the interviews or (hoping for a job offer) having to deal with these things during work hours. Sometimes, when the stoma is too active I just sit on the toilet and let it run down on me until it calms down. I just cannot see myself doing that in a work situation and had hoped to find something .... anything ....
So far, the only thing I can come up with is not eating or drinking during work hours ... heck, if I even get a job offer.

LOL -- sorry for the long post. I guess, it became a mixture of "venting" and "product review".

Terriernut

Heike, Convatec have different size bags. I'm doing a try out on some of their products now. I asked for all different sized bags. I use a small one at work. Then before bed, change to the big one. This is why I really need a 2 piece system that will work for me!

As you know changing all the time is not fun on the skin!

Also, Stan managed a HUGE fart today while in the middle of negotiation. I like to have DIED. Claimed it was my tummy cause I hadnt eaten. I too go straight after eating. I mean, why do I bother eating I wonder? Anyway, it's damned embarrassing as I work with the general public. I can only suggest eat before work. Small snacks thru the day?? Or eat and squish when stoma makes noise. I tend not to eat during the day at work to be honest. I drink ensure (which lately is giving Stan gas..hence the embarrassment today) and then eat a good meal when I get home. Not great, but as I dont get a lunch hour or any break, it seems to work for the output problem.

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Oh, wow -- thanks, Misty. Didn't know about the different size bags but will definitely investigate if this thing is staying on. Today would be day 3, so the challenge is on!!! :;):

Fortunately, I don't have too many problems with noise. But, the other day I realized that cauliflower with cheese dip (one of my favorite snacks) causing it to act up ... But, that shouldn't be a problem because I don't eat stuff like that at work. Eating itself isn't that much of a problem during work hours. In that sense, I am like you and don't eat too much while working but drinking is a must in the heat ...

Terriernut

Heike you said you 'popped'. As in I take it the bag pops off?? Or fills rapidly and you pop?

Maybe more help if you can explain exactly what happens. As I'm still a bit of a newbie too, Stan is 5 months old. Or is it the bottom of the bag that pops??
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
No, actually output seeps under the wafer and the appliance comes off. That's what I call "popping" around the family (or blow-out). And, yes, usually it happens when I eat or shortly thereafter.

Funny that you mention it though cuz yesterday for the very first time I had a faulty bag and had to change that.

But, usually, no, I don't have problems with the bags.

I have mine since January too and have not named it since it is supposedly temporary. Due to the problems I tend to call it Murphy as in Murphy's Law ...:(

Terriernut

Sounds like your stoma is pretty flush with your belly and doesnt have a 'spout'. Which is causing all your leaks and hence blow outs. Also, are you wearing clothes that fight right around your bag? If so, blow out city! :blush:
Try wearing something that fits on top of your stoma, (high waisted) and causes no pressure on it or the bag whatsoever.

I've found when calling the companies and asking for samples, I explain what my problems are. Then they point me in the right direction! Alot of the folks at Coloplast, Hollister, etc are Ostomates themselves. I mean the people sending samples to you on the customer services lines. Or at least they are over here in the UK. Also they can recommend things to help like a specific barrier ring or powder.

For instance: I tell them, Stan isnt flush, he has a spout. However, I have a basketball sized hernia, therefore, I need a product that doesnt stick out too much! And I need several different sized bags or forget it. They send products to match and barrier rings to match. One even sent me a hernia belt to match their product! I MAKE them talk to me, so I can get what is best suited to me. At the end of the day, it's their job to match what you NEED to work for you so they get your business! I know I have to explain in detail, but it helps to get what I need.

I hope you get what you need to help you!!
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Oh, I talk to them too and explain in lengthy detail that my stoma is actually askew, meaning only one side is really flush with the skin. Hence, the 1/2 size adapter ring on that side. I am not sure if I just expect too much and should be happy with 3 days instead of hoping for 5 days.

When I wear tight jeans I only do so for a small amount of time. Since I am in a hot climate I am able to wear skirts with elastic tops that work pretty well. Right now, I hope that once the "colder" temps return I have had a successful resection.

Terriernut

Egads! You should plaster the surgeons wall with shit for that!!! :ywow: I'm sorry but that is just NOT ON!!

May the surgeon be forced to have a wacky stoma of his/her own like that and see how they do!

How can we fix this? I know you said a resection was due, but that may be a long way off.

Stoma nurses anyone? Old bag people? (sorry, ya'll know what I mean!!)

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
LOL, I actually asked him about it and he told me since it was an emergency surgery it can happen sometimes that the stoma isn't perfect.
If I would have to have it permanently I would definitely go back and have him pull it out some more. I sure get envious when I watch those dvd's that come with the samples ... HA! not only do they stick out but they NEVER are active .... :angry-banghead:

Terriernut

Mine was an emergency. I have a honking great penis of a stoma with a SPOUT!! Yes really, a proper little teapot he is! Thats why he is Stan. I no longer need a sex change, I have a peni!!! :rof:

Trust me, waking up with that as a woman is some kinda shock!

Anyway, there has to be a way to sort this out. You cant go on like this for the next 6-8 months can you? Double your seal? Rip it and form it in two? You know, like a push up bra?

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Lol, woman -- you are killing me here ... and I am developing penis-envy!! :blush:

On a positive note (well, for me anyway) the other day I read on the other Crohn's Forum that a woman took the appliance off up to 10 times daily and thought that was normal .... :p

Nyx

Omg...I'm just reading this now and I feel bad for you gals!! I can go a week sometimes 9 days without having to change my wafer. I think that I lucked out with my appliance though. I called the right people at the right time and it's worked ever since. My surgery was an emergency, and it's permanent, so I'm glad that they got it right the first time. Oscar's big (2", all around), but he sticks out proudly and the opening is off to the left, but that's ok since I'm left handed...lol I have a lump under my clothes (unless I squish him down), and I've ceased to care about that...lol

Unfortunately, I can't offer any advice for you beyond calling the ostomy companies and asking for more samples till you get it sorted out.

Good luck!!

LOSTnut

Poopy
9 days????? Wow, I am so envious. :redface:

But, good news on the ConvaTec. Day 3 went without a hitch. Now I pray that it will last until AFTER the interview this afternoon .... Wish me luck :voodoo:

LOSTnut

Poopy
Hey Misty,

thanks for asking. I think the interview went ok. Typical German company, meaning one of the important things seems to have been whether I still am able to speak the language fluently. :) Small advantages in an area where bilingual in general means Spanish. I won't hear back until the end of the week, which is fine since tomorrow I have the one for the job I really, really would want.

More important was that the bag is still on. I am going on day 5 today and I am sooooo unbelievably happy you cannot even imagine.

Yesterday, I started the process of ordering the ConvaTec supplies and I hope I don't get any problems because I just ordered my allowance from Hollister shortly before that.

Hope you are doing well, girl -- thanks for caring!:hug:

LOSTnut

Poopy
I just learned via email from (my) rep that Hollister is making a convex moldable wafer too and she is sending samples. However, they only make precut ones, so I have to wait a couple of days until they get here.

Could there really be an end to my misery??? :D

Terriernut

Excellent! I lived in Germany for a couple of years. My German was never great. But I'm hoping you get the job YOU want!

I've been going thru samples like a mad thing here too. The convatec one that hugs the stoma....nope. The adhesive was off my skin in less than an hour! Thank goodness I was changing my trousers and saw it before I'd gone out and about! So much for that!

The Coloplast products so far I've been pretty impressed with. I just asked them for more flanges because they were stingy with them. Then I rang Hollister because they didnt send hardly any bags, and only the mini's at that. Said I wouldnt try their products unless I could try diff bags, on day, one night. They were all cooperative and are sending me more 'bits'. Wish they'd send a new colon while they were at it!!! :ylol:

Misty

Terriernut

Heike, when you get it, could you post the item number?

I HOPE it is the end to your troubles! I still think a push up bra for stomas like that should be available!! My mum called them 'Western Bras' Designed to hitch em up and move em out!! Perfect for bashful stomas!! :ylol:

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
LOL -- I sure would like the pusher-upper for a stoma!

I will definitely post the item number for you.

Are they stingy cuz you are in UK? My rep saved my life a couple of times by helping me out sending samples to bridge me over until the regular order got here. Can you contact them over here? I have her email and you might be able to light a fire under somebody's a** to get more samples.

Sorry that the ConvaTec didn't work for you. It is such a pain when the appliance doesn't stay on and every hour, waking or sleeping, becomes a gamble whether the appliance will hold. Can't they do anything about your hernia?

Where did you live in Germany? A girl friend of mine is a Brit. We met in Germany, working for the same hotel. After that she lived in Brora and then on another rough little island. She just moved back to Germany (Frankfurt) in March and found a job with airport security.

Terriernut

LOL -- I sure would like the pusher-upper for a stoma!

I will definitely post the item number for you.

Are they stingy cuz you are in UK? My rep saved my life a couple of times by helping me out sending samples to bridge me over until the regular order got here. Can you contact them over here? I have her email and you might be able to light a fire under somebody's a** to get more samples.

Sorry that the ConvaTec didn't work for you. It is such a pain when the appliance doesn't stay on and every hour, waking or sleeping, becomes a gamble whether the appliance will hold. Can't they do anything about your hernia?

Where did you live in Germany? A girl friend of mine is a Brit. We met in Germany, working for the same hotel. After that she lived in Brora and then on another rough little island. She just moved back to Germany (Frankfurt) in March and found a job with airport security.
I'm not a Brit! I'm a Yank! I've lived in the UK a loooong time though. I've lived in Colorado, Arkansas, Oregon, Egypt, Germany...on and on. I lived just outside Frankfurt in Germany. Loverly place Germany.

I dont think the suppliers are stingy in the UK. I just think they cant understand my accent with my bad phone line! Then, the more I get frustrated, the more my Arkansas accent comes out and I drawl. That really messes with their heads over here! But it does make em laugh!

As for my hernia....well, I'm meeting with a surgeon tomorrow.

Ya'll wish me luck now ya'hear?!
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
That was funny cuz I really have to listen hard when I watch Britsh movies and still miss a lot of it.

Probably comparable to high German and the dialect I speak. :D

All appendages are crossed for your appointment and a positive outcome tomorrow. Let me know how it went. Good luck!!!!!!!! :thumleft:

Terriernut

I speak Hessen. I dont speak High German. Therefore the rest of Germany and Austria hate me too! My accent is so English, Arkansas, Canadian, Colorado and gawd knows what else its a wonder anyone understands me. Oh well.

Hoping the surgeon can do lapro on me. Everyone cross toes and fingers for that!!!

Thank you!
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
I sound like a fool if I try the high German, which is what I told the ppl at my interview on Monday. I speak Schwaebisch, but since the company is basically out of Bavaria we should linguistically understand each other (if it goes that way.)
Never knew that Hessen is not liked much, after all they produce Aeppelwoi and Fasching ...

Personally I am just thankful that I don't sound much like Arnold in my English, but I am also not too sure that he ain't cultivating that sort of "speak!"

Lapro sounds good to me. I am convinced that you will be hernia-free in no time!

"BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT!" ;)

Terriernut

Well, they cant do the hernia surgery lapro. So, who knows how it'll go.
First she wants me to have a colonoscopy.

I got a bit worried when she said she might have to make an incision around my stoma! Shudder. I mean, isnt that a great way to get an infection?
Thank you for asking!
Misty

Nyx

I didn't know they could do colonoscopies with an ileostomy? Thought just just us colostomites had that pleasure (and it's weird by the way...I had one last November and it was strange not having to roll over onto my left side for the procedure....lol). Just a hint of advice for the prep - get something really soft to kneel on, as it's easier to just lean over the toilet rather than empty your bag every 3 minutes when it really gets going. I did find that the prep went pretty quickly though - only had to assume that position for about half an hour and it was all pretty much over and done with. So that's a good thing...I guess it's because I'm so regular now so there isn't alot of backup in there anymore...lol

Sorry to hear that they're going to have to cut you open to fix the hernia, but I'm sure they've done it before with great success and will let you know how to care for the wound and how to take care of your appliance afterwards. Good luck with everything! Hope it all goes well for you Misty :)

Terriernut

Yup, they can stick things just about anywhere these days Cindy! :ybatty:

As I was expecting just such a prognosis from her, I ordered samples of the biggest bags I could find from the suppliers just yesterday in fact! Luckily my little toilet downstairs is very cozy and I can sleep on the loo with a blanky if it gets that bad! (go ahead, ask me how I know how cosy it is in there! :rof:)

But I figure compared to folks without ostomies, a colonscopy is a 'piece of piss' for us! Now dont ya'll dampen my enthusiasm!

As for the hernia surgery, my enthusiasm simply aint there. The fact that she may cut around Stan is very worrying. Oh well. I mean, if she were giving me a nice tummy tuck and throwing in a mini face lift at the same time I might find it in my heart to be happy. You think I could bribe her??

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Sorry to hear about the hernia surgery. It sure sounds scary to be cut around the stoma without it being reversed. Very sucky!

Sheesh -- didn't even think of the prep for a colonoscopy and the bag! Probably just leave the bag open and have it drain into a bucket ....or two. At least it would save the running part, although sleeping on the toilet sounds pretty tempting too.

Ok, I ask: how do you know it is cosy in the little bathroom? ;)

I have another procedure luring ahead of me that I haven't had before: I think he called it a fistulagram in which they obviously thread a tube through the fistula opening as far as it will go and the inject some contrast into the tube and take an x-ray to see where the fistula actually originiates. Sounds like fun, huh? So, I asked the doc if that hurts and he answers: I wouldn't know, I never had one! HA -- this is what I have to deal with! :yfrown:

Terriernut

Heiki, I reckon after what I've already been thru, I'll manage! I dont mind sitting on the loo having a bit of a 'drain' goin on. After all, I've got YEARS of experience with the back end! (how was I to know going 25+ a day wasnt normal eh?)

I'm really worried only about anymore cuts to my poor tummy and the cutting around Stan. She asked about reversal. I looked at her and said I know that it's not happening soon and that I'm more likely to have her remove the whole colon eventually anyway. Which is why she brought up the colonscopy in the first place. She wont get a signature on that for surgery though! I need to work for a living FFS, last thing I need is more time off work! (they said 2 weeks and back to work for hernia surgery???? I'll take that as holiday time)

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
I hear you on the work situation! Those tummy surgeries suck because of the muscle tissue that heals so slowly and painfully.

Do you know the time frame of the planned hernia surgery? I know you are less than excited but imagine if it would help solve the bag issues. I swear, currently I don't mind my stoma at all and not being afraid to eat is just priceless.

Terriernut

I hear you on the work situation! Those tummy surgeries suck because of the muscle tissue that heals so slowly and painfully.

Do you know the time frame of the planned hernia surgery? I know you are less than excited but imagine if it would help solve the bag issues. I swear, currently I don't mind my stoma at all and not being afraid to eat is just priceless.
No idea on the time frame yet. Its going privately thru BUPA, not the NHS. Although it's the SAME person who is over GI surgeries at my local hospital the L&D!

The application of the bag being fixed would be great. More great would be able to wear clothes! I swear to gott (that's german folks), I am 107 lbs...and around my hernia, my waist is 48". I want to look like a normal human being. I dont want to waddle any more. I dont want to hold my tummy every time I get up and attempt to walk. I have two bums now. The normal flabby flat one, and the one that looks like Jennifer Lopez's only in the wrong place, and only half a butt cheek! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty...the lopsided pigmy.

Terriernut

I cant help it, I have to make folks giggle. Prob why I have a hernia, laughing!

Pigmy...well, I'm about 5 foot nothing and 107 lbs. I'm a pigmy. One of my nicknames in the past was the albino pigmy. Suited me actually. Now, I'm clearly a lopsided pigmy! It's ghastly! :yfaint:

As for the hernia undies, I tried them. Blow out from hell. Thats the one I had in Tescos. (just like Wal mart) I have asked for some more help, and cant get an appt until the 9th of June for someone to measure me up. Now, if this hernia thing could be wrapped up somehow, I'd be all over that like a fly on shit! Better yet, I'd be all over it like a plastic surgery junkie!

Keep laughing!
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
I cant help it, I have to make folks giggle. Prob why I have a hernia, laughing!
Having a hernia from laughing is better than from pushing .... :poo:

I had thought those wraps might help with the hernia too. But, I never had one, so I am quite ignorant when it comes to that and what would provide support. My grandpa had one and wore a hernia belt, so I assume it was rather small cuz he never had it fixed. And, ha, who wants to help create blow-out situations.

You keep writing -- I keep laughing!

Heike

Terriernut

Amen, better laugh than push! Hallalujeh...never gave birth. Then I'd have roids as well!

The belt would help, but it smooshes Stan. Stan being a big bad honking peni, hates smooshing. He roars his displeasure in immeasurable amounts of 'things'. He's really a shithead. No doubt why I slap him senseless on occasions!

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
At least you have something to slap.

Mine is like a turtle and needs every kind of artificial pressure known to (wo-)mankind to come out and play nice. Lil' bastard (pardon my French!) If I don't do that he spews like a friggin' shaken up beer can into all the wrong places.

Heike

Terriernut

Maybe that dermacol stoma collar that Vicky is talking about would help? It IS like a push up bra in a way. Something like that may help. What you really need is a stoma nurse!

I wish they could fix your 'lil bastard' for you. Have you asked? Would it be major or minor? Maybe we should change the thread title so more folks would see the thread and come in and help?
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Yeah, it seems we have "privatized" this one pretty much, huh? Or we could just start a new thread since this one was more (lol-or less) for the Cymed appliance.
I could start a new one with the results of the ConvaTec moldable ...

No, I haven't asked since I am supposed to have a resection .... well, at one point in time anyway. But, this ConvaTec is working pretty well for me so far. Day 6 and still on and still safe ... (hope I didn't jinx it)

I have never heard of that thing that Vicky talked about ... do you know what that is??

Nyx

vonfunk just started an appliance thread if you ladies want to post your thoughts there :) I just rambled there myself...lol

LOSTnut

Poopy
Thanks, Cindy. I definitely will check it out. Sorry to have hi-jacked this one. You and the others who initially commented here must have drowned in notifications on posts that probably didn't interest or concern y'all the least bit.

Misty: This thing is friggin' amazing. I wish I had known that before .... way before .....
Now, I probably (HOPEFULLY) won't need it anymore. Day 6 and still going strong. I am beginning to love life! ;)

Heike

LOSTnut

Poopy
Ugh, just posted but without the item numbers .... since some of the samples were way back I would really have to dig down to find all that ... :/

Terriernut

You said the Convatec one was the best. I rang them today actually. I told them what happened with the wafer. They are sending me more stuff to try.

What is the name of the system you are using again?

Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
I use:

404593 - convex, moldable wafer (but make sure that the size fits you; mine is 22+)
411360 - transparent pouch (I want to see what is coming out :)
893002 - Eakin Seal, flat

It is called ConvaTec Sur-Fit with Moldable Technology.

I so hope it will work for you too!

I use the cymed but I throw out the wire things they send and buy separate plastic closures from convetec (the biege straight closures). I get about 5 days of wear and I workout occasionally. I wear the bag in a bath tub too. I do wish they made a different type of two piece because I don't like the adhesive 2 piece systems since I have an ileostomy, i have lots of liquid output sometimes and it get in between on any brand I try. I've been using cymed I was out of the hospital because i wanted more low profile and I didn't want leaks and its worked. I wear the 11' bag most days but go to the smaller bags for other times. I haven't changed more out of laziness. I'm going to try the cymed bag with the filter next. What i'm looking for also is a smaller bag for intimate moments/swimming that is 2 piece.