• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Forum / My Story

T

Tek

Where to start with the story of my disease – I was first diagnosed with the disease about 10 years ago, today its hard to believe it was that long ago. Originally I didn’t know what was wrong with me and I believed the symptoms consisting of blood in my stool and the pain associated with it was more due to my life style at that time. I worked long, hard, stressful hours. I ate only fast and junk foods. And I drank a lot and often. To me this was just a minor occurrence, I was sure if I just laid off drinking and bad food for a while and took it easy my body would be okay, lets just say I was young and foolish. Weeks went by and I wasn’t better so I begrudgingly went to a doctor. I was stunned to be diagnosed with the disease.

It took a bit to realize what this actually meant and I started to change my life style around it, even though I had been diagnosed, the damage to my intestinal track was small and treatable I was told. I began the treatments and over time I increasing got better and better to the point of ‘remission’.

Life has had its up and downs since then but through it I’ve been more or less okay,
The odd flare up when things become stressful or I’ve become careless about the disease its always there to remind me. I try to treat my body with a lot more respect and I’m very conscious (even though not always good about) what I eat and drink. Today I am continually striving to find out was to improve upon my health and lifestyle, which I’m hoping that by joining this forum I can learn more and perhaps give what insights I have learned along the way as well.

Thanks

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hello Tek!

A big welcome here from the community and us closer to the east coast (I am from Ontario).

I sure hope you can learn more from us here and I do look forward to the insights you can share with all of us.

F

flying4frogs

Another BC'er...

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find some comfort here.

Flying Frog (aka Nelson)
Kelowna, BC, CANADA

go canucks go

Hello and :welcome: to the forum!

I'm sure you will find a wealth of information here,
and if you have any questions, just ask away.

There is always someone around who can try to help you out.
We're all in the same boat here.

Again, welcome!
Hugs~Nancy

E

Evagation

Hello, Tek! I'm also new and I'm hoping to find the same things that you want--I know that I need to make even MORE lifestyle changes (feels like an unending, Sisyphean task, though, sometimes).

Hopefully the support from everyone here (I'm so glad I found these boards, and it's only been a few days) can help us stay away from the evil fast food, and the over-chemicaled grocery store items, and stick to a healthy diet. I can do it for a few months at a time, but can I never make it last.

In any case, welcome and hopefully you'll find everything you are looking for in thise forum, with these great people.

Katie.