• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was so sad and lost today

i was so sad and lost today

was feeling very depressed missing my family who are gone and my friends, who are gone to, for the most part, trying to sort this whole thing out, that i took my guitar outside, played it in the street in front of a few peple, then broke down emotionally, and i never cry. still wondering how all this happened and what my future is. its hard to write this, but i feel at ease here. iactually made a few bucks.in a strange way, its quite liberating when your stripped down emotionally. hope you all had a nice easter. peace

Sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. I hope you know you're not alone and we are always here for you. I am not the best at cheering people up, but I hope you are feeling a little better.

Hey Maxibear

What kind of music do you play?
I am sorry you are going through a hard time. I was alone this holiday as well so I can relate.
Hang in...
Do you have any friends nearby?
As far as your future..is your Crohn's under control?
Cheers
Wendy

sorry to see you're having a bad time.

I get my days like that too.
have you considered getting a pet ?

I have a Siamese cat & he brings loads of comfort, pleasure & joy to my life.
He also seems to know when I just need a hug.

Hope this finds your spirits lifted.

thx much guys, sometimes, you just have to get it out of your system, feel a bit better, but i guess its good to cry sometimes, thx much for your thoughts:hug:

ameslouise

Hey Maxi - better out than in, get that cry out and you'll likely feel better! Keep playing that music, it can be such a good outlet for anger/fear/frustration etc.

Hope you're feeling a little bit better each day. Hang in there. - Ames

Maxibear, Over the last 25 yrs of being a Crohnie I have cried countless times. At times it takes a lot to make me cry, other times the littlest thing can do it. I have learn that I'm not the macho guy I always thought I was.
Missing family gatherings are the hardest to endure, but always remember, we are still lucky we have family to turn to. Family means everything.

If the music helps, then play it every chance you can. Go to childrens hospitals and play for them. It not only will give them strenght, it will also put a smile on thier faces along with your's.

Hang tough my friend.

Dear Maxi (and Wendy!) You can always vent here and if you are depressed, write about it. I actually keep a journal (which I hope to burn before I die...) It helps me get my feelings out, I "talk" to my Mom who's gone, to my Dad who always had such a great outlook on life and to friends who no longer hang with me because it isn't convenient to go on long car rides or eat at restaurants they haunt. I, for one, am glad I found this site. In the past week it's helped me. Oh, I'll still write in my journal, but, geez, I wish I could play an instrument (had to chuckle, Max, that you made a few bucks!) Hang in there! :) Jan

Maxibear, Over the last 25 yrs of being a Crohnie I have cried countless times. At times it takes a lot to make me cry, other times the littlest thing can do it. I have learn that I'm not the macho guy I always thought I was.
Missing family gatherings are the hardest to endure, but always remember, we are still lucky we have family to turn to. Family means everything.

If the music helps, then play it every chance you can. Go to childrens hospitals and play for them. It not only will give them strenght, it will also put a smile on thier faces along with your's.

Hang tough my friend.
thanx much, i actually do voulenter work at a local childrens hosp, 3 days a week, it is really wonderfull to do. thanx again and be well

Dear Maxi (and Wendy!) You can always vent here and if you are depressed, write about it. I actually keep a journal (which I hope to burn before I die...) It helps me get my feelings out, I "talk" to my Mom who's gone, to my Dad who always had such a great outlook on life and to friends who no longer hang with me because it isn't convenient to go on long car rides or eat at restaurants they haunt. I, for one, am glad I found this site. In the past week it's helped me. Oh, I'll still write in my journal, but, geez, I wish I could play an instrument (had to chuckle, Max, that you made a few bucks!) Hang in there! :) Jan
thx much, i actually played blues guitar thru college and law school, its very helpfull.its fun to play for people. im actually sending the procedes to the chrones foundation, whatever i make. crohns has given me a second careear lol:)

was feeling very depressed missing my family who are gone and my friends, who are gone to, for the most part, trying to sort this whole thing out, that i took my guitar outside, played it in the street in front of a few peple, then broke down emotionally, and i never cry. still wondering how all this happened and what my future is. its hard to write this, but i feel at ease here. iactually made a few bucks.in a strange way, its quite liberating when your stripped down emotionally. hope you all had a nice easter. peace

did the breaking down crying thing playing guitar in my bedroom not long ago, it was cathartic but also scary, Its not good to have to evaluate your future through the filter of IBD, If there is anything I can ever do to help, feeling alone with this isnt win.