• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heyyyyyyyy

heyyyyyyyy

Hi I am 19 and have Chrons,
I was diagnosed when I was 17ish and the doctors expected I had had it since middle school days... I went through a really tough time, I never felt good and when I went to the Doctor I got told it was the flu, One time I got told I was backed up and had to go on a liqiud diet for a week,I didnt have any energy for school anymore my stomach always hurt, but My parents thought I was lieing and just being lazy I started doing horriable in school sophmore year and ended up having to choose to either drop out and find new options for my education because I missed ten days in a row at my high school because I didnt feel good. I started to even belive I was just "lazy" and maybe not motivated for anything... My parents made me go to councling... and Even had put me on depression meds.. thinking thats what was wrong with me... finally I started getting really bad I lost like 20 pounds in two weeks, had alot OF blood in my stole. AND finally my family doctor said It was prob just a case of IBS, cause I was currently stressed about the school situation.. we told them we wanted a referl to a gastroenterologist..
and he hurried up and got me and had a colonscopy where my results came back as chrons and colitis. I was in a way relieved even though I was sad, I was happy to know that I wasnt just lazy and something was actually wrong and somebody now belived and new something was wrong.... I had to start alot of medications, alot of them I had to go off of and get new ones because they werent working I recently had to go off humeria because of reactions and now am just taking more pills,

I have bad joint pain, And a very strict diet now, I have weakness, my right side of my stomach hurts, I always had pains that would feel like a pinch nerve go through my whole body, some days I would cry all day because I couldnt stand to walk,sit or lay because I was in so much pain, I would live in bath tub and off pain meds.
- I had alot of blockage in my body that would cause these blisters inside of my body, I had stomach burning and I had a rare symptom of chrons I had bad constipation, some days Or certain food would cause me to have diarrhea But mostly I live off of fiber products,

I have lost alot of Friends do to it, and Recently just got out of a four year relationship... And I wonder IF chrons had something to do with it, I know its not my fault. But I also Know There was alot of days I had to blow off plans because I had no energy and didnt feel good..

My chrons has been a up and down rollercoaster, and I still am struggling
I am doing an online program to get my diploma and It has been really nice to know I didnt give up and I actaully get to get my diploma I just wish I could have been able to Graduate with My friends..

Anyways I joined this because my DOCTOR told me there was a group I should look into, I wanna help others that are going through same thing as me and also talk to people that understand really what I am going through...

=]

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Breezy and welcome! I am happy you found us! This forum has been so helpful for me to talk to others going through the same things I am. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

And congratulations on getting your diploma! I am sure you would have rather graduated with your friends, but it sure certainly feel good no matter what. It is a big accomplishment.

Well you came to the right place for support. I joined a few days ago after learning I was going in for surgery and this is a great community to open up to and look for answers. It's truly a shame this disease hits at such a young ager and hinders your ability to live your life and progress with everyone else. But once you get it under control and have your answers you'll find that living life will be much more enjoyable. Good luck with your treatments and welcome aboard!

ameslouise

Hi Breezy - Glad your doctor recommended reaching out and that you reached out to US!! This forum has been a lifesaver for me and has given me so much positive feedback and encouragement. There are so many knowledgeable people here with experience and such good advice!

What meds are you on currently?

Don't fret over the relationship.... you are young and there will be many more out there to date and fall in and out of love with!!

Hope you start feeling better soon and good luck with finishing school!

- Amy

welcome breezy. nice to meet you. i joined last week and everyone has been wonderful. hoping that your feeling well soon. Best wishes
***Phyllis

Hi Breezy

I am also glad that you didnt give up :) Persistence pays off!! You will find a lot of people can relate to what you are describing ...so you are not alone :)

Glad you found the forum :hang:

Welcome breezy. You are not alone anymore. You have found a place to help get advice and information so you can walk into your Doctor appointments well inform.

Good luck with everything.

I'm 19 too, I know how you feel with school. Mine was mainly bad from age 7-11 though, you seem to have got bad at a really important time with highschool and such :( that's awful. I hope everything is going well for you. Are you on any medicine?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Breezy! You definitely came to the right place. I only joined last week and people have already helped me! So proud that you are finishing your school, and as Amy said, you are young and will be in/out of relationships. Stay in touch, don't give up hope. Do some research on Crohns and ask lots of questions. You know your body better than anyone! Good luck! Jan