• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A bit about me

Hi all,

My names Kim and just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm 30yrs old & live in Melbourne, Australia.
I was diagnosed with crohn's 6 years ago, I'm currently on Imuran and Prednisone.

I have had my up's and down's with this disease (as we all have I'm sure) and thankfully haven't had to have any surgery, so I consider myself quite lucky. I have recently had some problems with anxiety to top it all off though(mind and body both falling apart)

I have a great family and partner who support and are there for me always, but it's really hard for them to understand what it's really like. I hide a lot of it now, there's nothing they can do.

So that's why I thought I'd join this forum, people who understand when I say things like "I'm going to be late, as I can't leave the house just yet!!!!"

Thanks and look forward to chatting.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, this is a great place to speak to others going through the same as you, I only found it in Feb and wish I had found it years ago xxx

Hi Kimmy D. welcome to the group. I found this group this month while searching for answers regarding the disease.
Enjoy meeting these wonderful people, they are great and there is someone always available to vent to, ask questions, or just share a story.

Blessings
Phyllis

Hi Kim,

Hope you find the forum helpful.
Some of my family were great but only someone with CD really understands.Like yourself i used to keep a lot of it private & did my best to cope.
I hope you stay well & never have to face surgery

Best Wishes

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Kimmy and welcome! I am glad you are managing your Crohn's well, but I am sorry to hear about the anxiety. Many of us on the forum seem to have an issue with anxiety/stress, me included. And, unfortunately, your anxiety can make your Crohn's symptoms worse. If you find your anxiety is difficult to manage, I would reach out to your doctor. I am not a pill pusher, but I have taken some anti-anxiety medicine in the past and it really helped me through some very stressful times.

I am glad you found us, and don't hold anything back on the forum! We are all in the same boat and know exactly what you are going through. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around!

ameslouise

Hi Kimmy and welcome!

Glad things are relatively under control for you right now! You are in the right place for support and understanding. Whatever you are experiencing, there is someone here who has been thru the exact same thing! Lots of knowledgeable people here and good advice, too!

-Amy