Share Facebook

04-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Picnic foods

The weather here has been cold and rainy for quite awhile now, but finally tomorrow it's supposed to be warm and sunny. I plan on having a picnic over my lunch hour to celebrate! I might pack a sandwich or pasta, a hardboiled egg, maybe some goat cheese and crackers. I'd love to hear other ideas though, since that's pretty much what I pack in my regular lunch anyway. What would you guys pack in a picnic lunch?
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
ameslouise

Fried chicken!!!

Okay, so maybe that's not good for us.... How about a wrap or sandwich and a fruit salad? And chips. And dessert....

Enjoy!
04-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Amy, drool! If only! Sadly my fried chicken days are over.

I was just thinking about dessert, actually. I don't plan on watching the royal wedding, but that doesn't mean that I couldn't make a yummy British dessert such as sticky toffee pudding. Yummmmm.
04-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
rygon

My Support Groups:
I was supposed to be having a picnic last month (person decided she couldnt go the same day as i bought all the food grrr)
But i had Steak wrap with relish, chicken wrap with mayo. Cold new potatoes with garlic, butter, parsley (these were delicious). Some fruit and a cake for afters.

Maybe some vegetable rice will go well with it
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
denisk

Kozy Snack rice pudding don't leave home without a six pack
04-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
If I were smart, my fried chicken days would be over. Sadly, I married a southern man who really can fry the chicken. I eat and suffer for a while. Dumb, dumb, and dummer!

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
04-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #7
denisk

yeah but it does taste good don't forget homemade mac-n-cheese
04-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
littlemissh

My Support Groups:
You could have meringues and if you can tolerate yoghurt you could have Eton Mess...crunched up meringues with cream and strawberries. In our house we have crunched up meringues with low fat strawberry flavoured yoghurt because my girls don't like cream...yummy...looking forward to when I can eat it again.
Take the meringues in a separate pot and chuck them in just before eating though or they go soggy!

On Humira every 7 days, intermittent iv iron, regular blood transfusions :faint:
On TPN since March 2016.
04-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
denisk

Strawberries kill me big time
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Rotisserie chicken could be an alternative to fried chicken. Though certainly nowhere near as tasty.
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
05-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #11
hainman

My Support Groups:
mmmm trifle.its tasty tasty.jelly,custard and cream,whats not to like :-)
05-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
supercellbaebe

My Support Groups:
Cheese and yogurts causes major problems for me and so would anything with garlic or spices, vinegars, dressings or pickles, I also have to avoid yeast and I am avoiding meat, fish and eggs because they are hard to digest and cause toxic overload in my liver (though I am not vegan by choice and I do miss meat and fishes very much).

If I were having a picnic (which I very often do!) I would pack a lovely risotto in a tub with an unusual grain such as Barley, Quinoa, Amaranth, lovely rice etc... In that I would use lentils, mung beans or black beans, possible a few mixed nuts and seeds and raisins (although I keep them to a minimum because they are hard to digest), I would also have mixed vegetables like parsnips, cucumber, celery, courgette, avocado, would also have alfalfa sprouts etc... Might also include lovely fresh herbs like parsley or basil (but not coriander, this seems to bring on horrid pain and symptoms) Would then drizzle a tablespoon of lovely oil such as olive, hemp, avocado or ghee etc...

Desert would probably be a millionaire shortbread, flapjack or very dark rich chocolate, fruit cake (anything sweet really!)

Enjoy! xxx

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...heidi.whurrzal

Lived on and of Elemental 028 Extra Cartons for 3 years

eating again, but getting vile symptoms