• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey guys

I am a wife and a mother of a 19 year old daughter. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at the age of 19. When I was first diagnosed with Crohns and were having a problem getting it under control I was asked about my birth family. I was adopted at the age of 18 months and I too was curious about my background. I was able to find my family in which 3 of us were adopted and 4 children stayed with my birth mother.. I have an old sister by 3 years who died at the age of 19 from a perferated bowel by obstuction that was caused by Crohns Disease. I then met my 2 brothers who were put up for adopted. One being raised in the US and the other England..They too have Crohns disease and both have a colostomy. I myself have had 2 recections and 4 bowel dialations. Having 7 inchs of my colon left the disease has moved up into my small bowel..I will be having surgery then starting on Remicade right away. I am very interested in hearing from other who have strong family ties to Crohns Disease.. Unfortunatly I never met my birth sister and I so wish I have started my search a few years earlier then I did.

ameslouise

Hi and welcome!

Wow, that is some family history of Crohn's. I hope you are able to keep things under control and avoid any further surgery. How are you feeling these days? What meds are you on?

Take a poke around the forum - you will find lots of information and good advice here!

- Amy

Hello and welcome to the Crohn's Forum! :)
First of all congrats on finding your birth family...
I have heard that Crohn's does tend to run in families...
and I have been on the watch with my own children..
I so don't want them to get it.

So far a couple of cases of IBS...
Keeping my fingers crossed none of the children get it.

Once again~Welcoming hugs.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! Boy, you and your siblings have been through a lot! Has Remicade helped to keep your disease under control?

As far as family ties, I am the only one in my family with IBD.