• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

ASACOL and abdominal pain

Recently diagnosed with mild to moderate Chron's colitis. My doctor prescribed be ASACOL 400 mg 6 tablets a day. I am taking these pills since 3 weeks now.

Recently I started getting abdominal pain, which never experience before. My GI said, it could be because of ASACOL. Can someone dhare your experience with ASACOl.

I stooped taking since 3 days and don see pain coming back. If ASACOL is causing this problem , what would be the alternate drug for me. Worried :-(

After my last colonoscopy my new doc changed me from salazapyrin to asacol , after a week i had bad pain in my stomach and very bad D ,

Back on salazapyrin for about a month and doing well , both meds are almost the same but asacol really did not agree with me

Interesting.

The only issues I've had with Asacol is dizziness/vision issues. It's really strange and unnerving, but hard to figure out if it is vision or dizziness. I had to back off it, cut the dosing in half as I was getting very nervous driving.

Sorry I can't be more of a help, but thought I'd add my Asacol issues in as well.

Two more days and I will be on it for a week so far no side effects. 9 pills a day spread out throughout the day. But I think that may be one of the side effects.