Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » ASACOL and abdominal pain

05-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
sai

ASACOL and abdominal pain

Recently diagnosed with mild to moderate Chron's colitis. My doctor prescribed be ASACOL 400 mg 6 tablets a day. I am taking these pills since 3 weeks now.

Recently I started getting abdominal pain, which never experience before. My GI said, it could be because of ASACOL. Can someone dhare your experience with ASACOl.

I stooped taking since 3 days and don see pain coming back. If ASACOL is causing this problem , what would be the alternate drug for me. Worried :-(
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Tony

After my last colonoscopy my new doc changed me from salazapyrin to asacol , after a week i had bad pain in my stomach and very bad D ,

Back on salazapyrin for about a month and doing well , both meds are almost the same but asacol really did not agree with me
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
silvermander

My Support Groups:
Interesting.

The only issues I've had with Asacol is dizziness/vision issues. It's really strange and unnerving, but hard to figure out if it is vision or dizziness. I had to back off it, cut the dosing in half as I was getting very nervous driving.

Sorry I can't be more of a help, but thought I'd add my Asacol issues in as well.
New abscess, named Albert! 7/7/12
Prednisone - Way too much & never again!
Cimzia - Started 5/20/11, hoping for the best. Scared that it won't work, like everything else.
Humira/Remicade/Imuran/6MP/Flagyl/ect - Been there, done that & really should get the t-shirt!
05-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Swirl

Two more days and I will be on it for a week so far no side effects. 9 pills a day spread out throughout the day. But I think that may be one of the side effects.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » ASACOL and abdominal pain