• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need a little help please .

need a little help please .

hello ive joined today, as need a little bit of help ive got crohns disease and have had for 6 years or so. where my crohns have flared up and heal its scared but insides and my rectum (bottom) has sort of closed and its very painful to go to the toilet and i get blocked up and cant go without laxities. im being rushed for an appointment next week for an operation next week to have my rectum stretched. so maybe then it will be less painful, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and had the operation, my consultant said its fine and a short opp but im scared..

Emma xx

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Sorry I have never heard of what you are talking about, although I have disease in the same area. I'm glad you found us and I hope someone can help! Welcome to the forum!

thank you for the welcome i love this site its helped me just today by reading what other people have to say and its learning me more things... i no a lady i no has crohns aswel and she neva gets constipation, its weird as i havnt had it before normaly i cant stop going and just recently i cant go with out laxitives. i have a very good consultant at the hospital and he's trying to rush a date to next week to get the bottom stretched for me to be able to go to the toilet easyer..

Emma x

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Emma! I, too, have issues with my rectum. However, I have not had any procedures to offer advise. But I hope your operation goes well and offers you relief. Please let us know how it goes! Good luck, Emma!

Hey Emma! You're definitely not alone with the bum issues here haha

I've never actually undergone the procedure you spoke of. I'm going to call it an anoplasty (anal reformation), because I'm ridiculously pretentious like that.

Hope all goes well, and that you get the surgery (the anoplasty heh heh) as soon as possible!

Welcome to the forms, make yourself at home, and keep us updated! :thumright:

hello thank you all for ur nice comments :) i have a low rectal stricture and ive had the appointment today though the post for next Wednesday to go to an appointment to prepare me for what's going to happen as i have the operation date to on the 18th of this month, its on a day case but im kinda scared lol .. but hopefully when its sorted ill become much beta and be able to go to the toilet with no complications.

Emma xx

hi Emma and welcome, I havnt had this op but have had problems in the same place, I have a temp ileostomy to help with the problem x

Hi Emma,

Try not to be scared! I had the same procedure in Feb after my rectal stricture almost caused an obstruction. I couldn't even pass air for 12 hours so was admitted to hospital.

I was scared too. I think they dilated the stricture by putting some kind of rod things in increasing sizes to open it up. I think they said they got to 17mm.

There was quite a bit of blood on the protective mat underneath me and it was quite painful when I woke up and I was worried about going to the toilet for the first time. But it was all fine as the pain completely passed after an hour or so and going to the toilet was completely pain free. My lower back also ached quite a bit, but apparently this might of been from the position they put me in to do the procedure.

My stricture isn't as open as it was then, but it shall make things a lot easier for you. Definitely worth it!

Hi Emma,
Welcome to the forum!!! Great info here! I do have a very close friend who had this done. It was day surgery and she was in pain for a couple of days but hasn't had a problem and it was done 3 years ago! I hope you find some comfort! Relying on laxatives stinks (pardon the pun) so I hope you can start going on your own. Keep us posted and good luck! :) Jan