• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wondering about...

wondering about...

I am new to this forum and quite excited to talk to, and empathise with my fellow IBD buddies. I am having a colonoscopy to stretch my stricture...I am scared. Not usual for me, as colonoscopies are part of my life. Can anyone who has had this procedure share some insight? My Crohn's Dr. had decided against it due to disease present and rick of perforation and referred me to a surgeon. He decided this was less risky than another resection.....:depressed:

Hi! I don't have any advice or personal experience with this particular procedure, but I just wanted to say Hello - I'm a Manitoba crohnie, too! What hospital are you looking at having your procedure done at? I have experience with both St. B and HSC, and I'm sure they will do what's best for you. Welcome to the forum!

Hi!

Nice to "meet you!"
I am in Brandon, the Dr. doing my procedure is great. I am just freaked out, lol
Who is your Dr. in Winnipeg? I have seen Doerkson at HSC.
I am so happy to have someone to talk to! :smile:
Thanks for the reply!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum ChronyKate.

I can understand the fear of going through a new procedure and while I have had colonoscopies, they never were done with the intention of strecthing a stricture.

I know this is something that is preferred to doing a resection as you don't need to remove any bowel. As you said yourself the doctor is great so you should take comfort in that.

Please let us know how it goes.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Kate! I don't have any experience with this procedure, but I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope it makes you as good as new, and you won't need another resection.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing you around!

Hi!
I am now 4 weeks post-op. I ended up with another open resection. The narrowing/stricture was too small and diseased for the scope procedure to be done.
I am feeling good...minus a bit more bowel!! I had a salad for the first time in years..wow, was it good!
I had an epidural as well as general this time....unbelieveable difference in recovery...I felt pretty good even as early as hours post-op!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks for the update. That is wonderful news you feel so good after only 4 weeks post-op.

I hope you continue to feel so good for a very, very long while.

Thanks Jill!
I had never had an epidural and general together...I was
blown away by the difference. I am so glad I feel good!
Sometimes with this lousy disease you wonder if feeling good
is just a dream. .....take care!