• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with Crohns Colitis in 2008 after severe food poising I got in Cuba.

I have a mild to moderate version, never been admitted (other than for tests). I get mild cramping after food and a combination of lose/formed stools. explosive diarrhea is rare for me.

Currently taking imuran and Asacol 500 along with over counter meds.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi HockyGuy and welcome! I am glad to hear you have never been admitted and your symptoms are relatively mild. I assume your current treatment seems to be doing the trick and continues to do so.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome! Wow, diagnosed after food poisoning in Cuba? That must have been quite an adventure. In case you didn't notice it, we do have a Imuran[/wiki2] support forum in case you have any questions or are up for answering questions others have.

I'm glad you're here and hope to see you around :)