• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Member - SCDer

Hi My name is Davie I was DX about 1 1/2 years ago. I started SCD right away. I am in remission. I take pentassa, entocort, SCD B complex, d3, SCD multi, fish oil.
I was reading the SCD tread and there is so much misinformation there I think I can help
Dave

Hi Dave:

Welcome to the forum. That's great news that SCD helped you heal and stay in remission. I had tried the SCD for three months, but I kept getting sicker and sicker (I don't believe the diet was the cause) and needed to switch gears around what I was eating.

I look forward to the contributions you make on the forum, particularly around information for SCD. It seems to be helpful for a number of people with Crohn's.

Cheers,

Kismet

I see you are from BC. I used to live in North Van, right up from the second narrows. One of the most beutiful spots in the world to live IMHO. Once I left it was years before I even wnated to go back because it kind of hurt not to live there. Now I am in Georgia, and it is great in many moany ways, but I will always have a wrm spot in my heart for BC.

Sorry SCD did nto work out for you. If I can help there please let me know. It took 6 months of learning and tweaking for me before it really worked. I know the book says 30 days but for me it was 6 months and I thank god for feeling good for the first time in years and years

Take Care

Dave

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Dave and welcome! That is wonderful news that you are doing so well with SCD and your current treatment plan. I am sure your pointers will be appreciated in the Diet and Fitness forum.

ameslouise

Hi David and welcome!

Glad that things are good for you right now. Sometimes it takes a while to find a good mixture of meds and diet that will work - glad you found yours and I hope you keep feeling well for a long time!

- Amy