Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Medical Marijuana for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis

11-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #1501
BelindaLea

I would like to know more about the use of medical Mariana for the treatment of crohns
11-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #1502
pamshusband

As far as I'm concerned, it is a godsend. Until I started with a 3mg of LDN in January, whenever I traveled and could not smoke marijuana I became "sick--felt lousy, discomfort, diarrhea 8 times a day, the was even when I was on Humira.
With marijauana, felt well until end of last year when the Humira stopped working although marijuana still helped. Now I'm on LDN and smoke marijauana and feel really good for an old guy who has had Crohn's for about 50 years.
If you want to they marijuana, I recommend you start with the edibles and if necessary, progress to vaping and smoking.
11-07-2017, 02:44 AM   #1503
anti_venum

Just wanted to say that in the last few days PA (USA) has moved further down the road to getting this to those it can help. As of now there is a list of doctors in PA, around 100 with another 200 finishing the certificate up.

You can find out how to register with the government and which doctors to try to get in contact with a the PA Gov website. It's under Guides. I would have posted a link but I need at least 10 posts and currently this is my third.

They will also list dispensaries, 22 located in PA right now, for when they are open.

If you live in PA and plan to try this just remember your street address needs to be all capitalized, your name doesn't except for the first letter and you have to type in the (000) 000-0000, the - and () must be entered.

It took me multiple tries as it wouldn't be verified because of my street address not being all in caps instead of just the first letter of the word.
11-07-2017, 05:21 AM   #1504
Rainbowchaser

N/a

Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 11-07-2017 at 11:24 AM.
11-07-2017, 05:26 AM   #1505
Rainbowchaser

N/a

Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 11-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.
11-07-2017, 05:57 AM   #1506
Rainbowchaser

N/a

Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 11-07-2017 at 11:18 AM.
11-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #1507
Rainbowchaser

I get extremely paranoid when using cannabis. But I do feel a great deal of relief in regards to the gut. Is there a way of using it that would cause LESS paranoia? Is ingesting or vaporizing different then smoking it? I wish I could benefit from it, it would be so easy! LOL
No THC or lower THC.

Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 11-07-2017 at 11:04 AM.
11-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #1508
More Than Pickles

My Support Groups:
Wanted to mention that marijuana and CBD are two different chemicals from the cannabis plant. THC gets you high, CBD doesn’t. You can obtain CBD oil, gummies, lotions, sprays from smoke shops and some pharmacies over the counter. Im sure both offer relief to people depending on your issues. I don’t smoke, but have tried the CBD gummies. They helped to relieve anxiety, but not much more. Best of luck.
11-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #1509
Rainbowchaser

I personally don’t feel ‘high ‘ from 1:1 ratio THC and CBD and it stops hours long vomiting episodes. I just left the clinic just now actually. The educator and doctor confirmed in my case, both chemicals are recommended. I am not sure if people coming off of medications with horrific side effects will even notice feeling ‘high ‘. The stigma associated with THC used recreationally to get ‘high ‘ kept me from trying it earlier. No different than people using any prescription for the purpose of getting ‘high ‘. The stigma stings as much as ever.
11-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #1510
More Than Pickles

My Support Groups:
I agree with taking whatever helps you to feel better.
11-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #1511
mackraslo

My Support Groups:
I personally don’t feel ‘high ‘ from 1:1 ratio THC and CBD and it stops hours long vomiting episodes. I just left the clinic just now actually. The educator and doctor confirmed in my case, both chemicals are recommended. I am not sure if people coming off of medications with horrific side effects will even notice feeling ‘high ‘. The stigma associated with THC used recreationally to get ‘high ‘ kept me from trying it earlier. No different than people using any prescription for the purpose of getting ‘high ‘. The stigma stings as much as ever.
Are you on any other medications while using the Cannabis? Like antidepressants or crohns treatment drugs?
Thanks! Just curious. Cheers
11-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #1512
pamshusband

I also take 3mg of LDN--i'n basically in remission
01-10-2018, 03:19 AM   #1513
McKinley

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
I would love if this could atleast the help pain since i am currently on low does opiods and they are currently barely helping me get by. The government is also cracking down on opioid usage for anyone even ppl who are sick so my doctor wouldn't increase my dosage even a slight bit. I had looked up the laws of my state and am wondering if I should ask my doctor if I should prescrip to the medical marijuana in my state. Would it help anyway and which part is supposed to help the thc or the cbd cause my state only allows for Marijuana with low thc and high cbd
04-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #1514
Dmitar

I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/triangle-kush/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Medical Marijuana for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis