• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm Gonna Share This Cuz I Feel Like It!!!

:tank: :ymad:

I went to see my GP today. I am told that I might have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I am bummed. We still need to rule out RA, General Arthritis, Joint Swelling for unknown reasons, a heart condition, and Thyroid problems. It has not been a good couple of days for me. I was struggling to accept the diagnosis of Crohn's. Now I seem to just be falling apart and I am not yet out of my 20's. It is all small things too. I can still function...it just hurts to. I am in pain right now and I don't know if I can even take anything for it. Tylenol just won't cut it. Sorry to be so dramatic. Like I said before, I'm just kind of bummed. Anyone else have this dilemma?

I totally understand where you are coming from. Lots of people who have Crohn's have more than one auto-immune disorder, which can make it next to impossible to differentiate where different symptoms are coming from. Also, dealing with all these miserable symptoms can lead to feeling depressed and fatigued. The fatigue is a major issue I've been dealing with too. I was diagnosed with depression at age 14, and have been on various meds for that, so my mood is relatively under control, but it can certainly still get you down. Just know that there are loads of people, on here and in your life, who care about you and want the best for you. And if you feel like you need to indulge yourself in a nap or a long bath (or even just a good long cry) - DO IT! For the pain, I'd recommend a heating pad or long hot shower with the water running where it hurts.
I hope you feel better, and keep your head up!
~karly

I understand where you are coming from as well. Do you take fish oil? My physical therapist told me that I should be taking fish oil because of my shoulders which are horrible. Fish oil is an anti-inflammatory that helps out pretty much all of your body. Do not worry though about the concentration. Only worry about the EPA and D something A try to take two tablespoons. I am starting to take it myself and it doen't have the best taste but it is good for you so yeah.

I'm willing to try anything that would help. Do you know, by chance, if I would be able to take it even though I am allergic to Iodine? I haven't done enough research on whether fish oil might give me a reaction.......:eek:

I have no clue. As far as I know there is no iodine in fish oil. I dont think that fish oil is actually made from fish as their is no fishy taste. I would call the GI or GP and ask them about it.

I actually did try a search and there is a warning attached that says
Warning: Do not use fish oil if you are allergic to iodine, are using blood thinners or anticipate surgery. Consult with your physician before taking fish oils if you are pregnant or diabetic. Keep out of the reach of children.
I guess that wouldn't be an option for me after all. Any other ideas?

List of symptoms: EXTREME TIREDNESS
DON'T ADJUST WELL TO TEMPERATURE CHANGES
MILD HEADACHES ( EVERY DAY)
ALL OVER BODY ACHES (PAINFUL)
EXCESSIVE YAWNING (UP TO 20+ TIMES AN HOUR)
IRRITABLE
SHAKY SOMETIMES LIGHTHEADED
EYES BLUR
FORGETFUL
PERIOD IS HEAVIER AND FEEL WORSE
METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH
HOT FLASHES

This is pretty much it right now.

If I were you Crohniac, I would find an LLMD. This is a Lyme literate Doctor.
Most of your symptoms are associated with Lyme disease. My wife has this and your odds of getting diagnosed by a General Practitioner are slim to none. My wife was never properly diagnosed. We finally gave up on the doctors and treated it ourselves using alternative treatments. She is completely normal now except for occasional joint pain that we can get rid of by treating. She also was bit by a Deer Tick and had the rash associated with Lyme. Her symptoms before were the following.

Fatigue.

Fevers on and off.

Bad joint pain. Hers was mostly in ankles and knees. Lyme seems to affect the large joints more but no joint is unaffected.

Irritability. Lyme Rage. This is a ranting and irrational angry reaction to some small matter that is completely out of character for the person.

Brain Fog.

Hot flashes, She is menopausal so this is not entirely Lyme related but Lyme does mess with your hormonal balance.

Temperature sensitivity. Again, some of this is due to menopause.

Long sun exposure will make her ill feeling.

I know of a quick and dirty test you can give yourself if you are comfortable with experimenting. It consists of buying a product called Samento from Nutrimedix. This is TOA free Cats Claw. This is a natural antibiotic. If you put one drop of this in water and drink it and have a flu like feeling later on you surely have a bacteria of some type in your body and odds are it is Lyme. When you kill off the Lyme Spirochete it produces a Herxheimer reaction in the body. This is the flu like feeling. This is how we verified my wifes Lyme. Of course none of this is official medicine and I am not a doctor but my wife is well, when many others are very ill with this disease.

You may not have Lyme at all, but it is a silent epidemic and it should be ruled out completely. It will cause heart problems and gets more difficult to treat the longer you have it.

Not trying to scare you, as you may not have it at all, but it is something to be aware of.

D Bergy

H

HostileJava

Crohniac said:
IRRITABLE
EYES BLUR
FORGETFUL
METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH
HOT FLASHES

What meds are yo on right now? Accept for the female only symptoms I experienced a lot of those symptoms from taking predinisone. The headaches, irritability, blurred vision, forgetfulness, and hot flashes followed by cold sweats. If i took it at night before I went to bed I'd have trouble sleeping and often wake up soaked in sweat. Of course the tiredness was just from the sweats and restlessness from taking the meds to close to bedtime for me. Also spending any fair amount of time out in the summer sun would completely wipe me out. I'd feel like I needed to sleep for days.

Last edited:
Crohniac said:
IRRITABLE
EYES BLUR
FORGETFUL
METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH
HOT FLASHES

How about menopause?
You could be going through
your change of like.
This could last for several months
Period can get heavier then stop for
2 months then repeat the cycle in
another 2 months. This is what is
and has been happening to me for
about 8 months now.

Just an opinion form an old crohnie
with some of your symptons,

Goodluck Tammy
The things us women have to go through LOL

Hey!

I just thought I'd chime in, but your symptoms sound a lot like hypothyroidism (Thyroid Disease).

Mymom has it and for the longest time she though she had carpal tunnel syndrome in her wrists or arthritis. She's also tired a lot. Do you by chance have all of your eyebrows? I know it sounds weird, but a common thing with Thyroid Disease is that you lose half of your eyebrows, and get hair thining.

I also thought your problems sounded like a prednisone thing as well becuase I felt the same way on prednisone.

The last thing you could check for is anemia... I'm anemic and it causes bad temperature changes and major fatigue and yawning all the time. You also get lightheaded if you stand too quickly or just get up from lying down.

I dunno, just my thoughts.

Good luck!

One thing for headaches. Do you keep your head forward or do you keep it in neautral. Ask someone if you don't know but I used to get mild to severe headaches everyday and when I went to physical therapy they told me it was because I was basically smooshing my brain with my muscles from keeping my head forward. Good luck and I would try D-Bergy's idea.

Thank you all soooooo much for your replies. These are all possibilites I guess and I will keep searching for sure. I am only taking Entocort, Celexa, and until a couple of days ago a multi-vitamin. I am awating results from the blood tests checking me for RA or Thyroid Problems, but I don't think that it would be those. I have wondered about menopause, but I am 28 and I am hoping that it wouldn't be because I am so young. Anyhow, I'll keep y'all posted if I find anything new. I appreciate all of you!!!!!!

R

ReeRee

IRRITABLE
EYES BLUR
FORGETFUL
METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH
HOT FLASHES
OMG you just described what's happening to me!!! I don't know what is going on! I thoguht it was just stress or allergies or something. Then my mom told me she thought I was going thru early meno too. Wonderful. So I have an appt in June to have all sorts of tests run.

Do ya'lls dry patches and/or hives turn purple??? All the skin around these splotches is always beet red when it happens too.

Here, this is a pic of me holding my new grand daughter in the hospital. I was so upset and nervous by the time she was born that I was POLKA dotted. You can see them in this pic (I appologize in advance for the horrid pic of me):

Do ya'll's look like that??