• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Well, that explains a lot.

Hi Everyone!

Well, as i'm sure it shows, i'm new here! I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's in January of this year. It's been quite an interesting adventure :)poo:) but i'm dealing with it on a daily basis. Being diagnosed really explained a lot of situations in my past that I could never explain.

I thankfully have a great doctor, and i'm lucky enough (for now) to have a mild case where I can control it with diet and exercise. Recently, I started taking the supplement "Green Vibrance" which has worked absolute wonders for me. Not sure if anyone else has tried it, but if you haven't I would definitely recommend it. Also, i've run three 5k's this year, and i'm looking to train for a half marathon (although a nice flare up at mile 2.5 of my last race kind of set me back mentally a few weeks).

My best friend in High School had Crohn's; however, her case was much more severe. That's how I first knew about it. I read many stories about people dealing with the disease on a daily basis, and it inspires me to still be strong. Some days are better than others, but I do my best.

Anyway, i'd love to talk with everyone else on here, and share my knowledge as well as my support for anyone with this disease. I believe in always being a supporter and encourager, and together we'll make it through whatever life throws our way.

Thanks, everyone!

Astra

Hi Twinkletoes
and welcome

Glad you found us, loads of friends here for you
Stay strong
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Twinkle Toes and welcome! Wow, you ran three 5k's this year! Congratulations! You obviously must have a mild case. I am glad diet and exercise are helping to keep you well. I hope you continue to feel so good and can kick butt in your half marathon!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :)

It's amazing how many dots get connected once we get a diagnosis, isn't it? I'm so glad that you have a great doctor! As I'm moving to Florida soon, I may have to hit you up for a recommendation.

Oh, and what is this "Green Vibrance" you speak of?

*hugs* to you!

Welcome TwinkleToes! We have one thing in common, I consider my case mild as well, as I am able to routinely exercise and eat mostly what I want, however, I have been having a lot of problems lately with arthritis and insomnia which are non-gastro crohn's symptoms.

Greetings and welcome :)

It's amazing how many dots get connected once we get a diagnosis, isn't it? I'm so glad that you have a great doctor! As I'm moving to Florida soon, I may have to hit you up for a recommendation.

Oh, and what is this "Green Vibrance" you speak of?

*hugs* to you!
Hi David, and hello to everyone out there! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, i'm VERY happy to be here!

It's incredible how many dots get connected. I had a flare in 2005 when I first moved to Orlando, and lost 50lbs. I was sick one week, fine the next, sick the next week, fine the next....over and over. Fever, vomiting, EVERYTHING that should have indicated Crohn's....yet my doctors said they didn't know what was wrong. They thought I had Mono, which could have happened. However, what I had lasted 6 months. I always think about how blessed I am, because I could have died. I'm 5'8'' and was 105lbs. My "friends" at the time had abandoned me, and one doctor thought I had AIDS! Needless to say, it was horrible. Now that i'm diagnosed, I look back and realize that was a severe flare. Although I pray it never happens again, if it does, I will be ready and i'll know how to handle it this time.

As for my doctor, his name is Dr. Jay Redan at Florida Hospital Celebration. He's not a Doctor with a huge personality, but he was the first one to correctly diagnose me. Plus, his bedside manner before and after my surgery was fantastic. Not to mention, a month before I was diagnosed with Crohn's, I finally gave in and went to go see him because I was experiencing horrendous stomach pain and a few other scary side effects. I did not have an appointment and he only took new patients on Tuesdays. He happened to be standing at the desk when I checked in, and saw the look of terror on my face about my situation. He asked me if I would be willing to wait, and I said yes. Even though I didn't have an appointment, and he was fully booked all day, he still took me in because he could (and I quote), "tell something was wrong by the look on my face." I've NEVER had a Doctor do that before. The fact that he took the time to see me was so kind. Anyway, that's why I recommend him. :)

As for Green Vibrance, it's a supplement that you take 30-45 minutes after your meal. You can add it into juice, shakes, etc. and it has so many good nutrients for you. The biggest thing for people with IBS, Crohn's, UC, and Whipple's is the probiotics. It has a LARGE amount of probiotics that you can't get elsewhere, especially from yogurt. Ever since I started taking it, I have sustained energy all day (instead of crashing around 2:00), and my stomach is more balanced with normal...well...:poo: <--I think this is my favorite icon. lol. It's absolutely fantastic, and I no longer take multivitamins because of it. Oh, and it boosts your immune system. My friend told me about it, and she's been taking it for 4 years and hasn't been sick once. I seriously consider it a godsend. Just google "Green Vibrance" to go to the website and learn more. You can buy it at Whole Foods, or online - there's only about a $3 difference. I swear by the stuff.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome!!! :)