• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's Story

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Teresa and I have had Crohn's Disease since 1994. Not the best thing in the world to have but at least I know I am not alone! There are some people out there that look at you like " oh my she looks sick, wonder what's wrong with her". I don't pay those people any attention anymore but it use to bother me. I am currently taking prednisone ( weening off of it thank the GOOD LORD), and recently started Humira. I had my introduction dose on the 17th of this month(may) and my 2nd dose is on the 1st of june then every other week after that. Hopefully this medicine will work for me cause other treatments just don't seem to cut it. I currently have what they call a "intestinal pocket)?? and a partial blockage. But instead of going in and removing the partial blockage they are going to try the Humira first. My GI doc says there is a 60% chance so we will see..:) I have had a few surgeries: Appendectomy in 1994 where they diagnosed me with CD. In 2000 I had re-constructive bowel surgery.In 2004 I had a bowel obstruction. Now 7 years later there are Adhesions plus what I listed earlier. The medicines I have taken in the past are: Imuran, prednisone, remicaide,Sulfasalazine,lomotil,Solu-Medrol(which in my opinion I would not reccomend, only cause I was given then wrong dose and gained 20 lbs lol.I have read stories where people are always feeling tired. Well you can sign me up on that membership list. I dont have a cure for it but what I do is but the dan-active immune system drinks and they somewhat seem to help with the energy. Either that or it's just in my head...lol And I also eat the activia yougurt once to twice a day. Well this is my story I hope it helps some of you guys. Feel free to Im, email me anytime. I will do my best to answer any questions that you have..God Bless!!!

Astra

Hiya Teresa
and welcome

Hope the Humira is 'the one' and it helps to stabilise you.
We have a Humira Club on here, have a mooch in there for support and advice.
Good Luck and
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Teresa! I saw you on my son's Humira thread! Good luck with it!

My in-laws live in Charleston. What's Darlington near?

Hi Joan, I was wondering what the Cod Liver Oil with Vitamin D is used for....is it just something u take or does it help with symptoms? I have to take potassium cause my potassium level stays low.

Astra

Hiya Teresa

I don't really know if it's helping, but what I do know is that fish in any form is good for inflammation, and cos I don't eat red meat at all and have a low fat diet; the Omega3 has lots of benefits as in supressing inflammation and joint damage.
I call my fish my brain food, but I'm also wary of the high levels of mercury in some fish especially salmon.
I eat fish on a daily basis, mackerel, tuna, salmon and avoid all meats. (except chicken)
Gotta hand it to the Japanese! Bet their IBD statistics are low!
xxx

ameslouise

Hi Theresa and welcome!

Wow, sounds like you've been thru just about every other med out there! Hope the Humira does the trick for you!

You seem to have a positive attitude and that goes a long way with this disease!

- Amy

Yeah the Japs do seem to stay very heathy.....and yeah i've been though alot with this disease but if you dont have a positive attitude its just going to bring you down further....now i have my days where i dont care about anything and get depressed about it but i also take meds to help me with that....lol i take 40mg's of celexa dailey and 2mg's of adavant 3 times a day while i am on prednisone. When i'm off prednisone i juat take 1 kolonipin as needed.....lol

All my Pics are to big to put a pic up of me and i don't know how to dowmsize them...lol So I added an album so you guys would atleast know who your talking to.lol

Hi Teresa! i checked out you album. looks like you like little dogs too! I have a couple small mutt butts that are my world.

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us!

Yeah, haven't had any luck with having kids yet so those are my babies..I'm glad I found this forum to. there are alot of nice people on here that really understand what I go through and thats just nice to have...:)