• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I think im cured?

Ive just been diagnosed with crohns last week and havent started meds yet, but all the pains i was getting have gone aswell as the mucus and blood in my stools ??

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you are feeling better. Sorry that you have been dx with this. Please be carefull. CD can be tricky. I would deff stay in communication with your doctor.
Good luck. Woops!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
With Crohns and colitis, you an go through periods of feeling better, but it does not miraculously cure itself.....

If could be possible you had some type of bug/infection - but with blood being present, it sounds like something a bit more serious.

I would keep an eye on things and keep your fingers crossed!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! From my experience, doctors do not take making a diagnosis of Crohn's lightly. Many people on the forum are still waiting their diagnosis after years of testing. Therefore, if your doctor says you have Crohn's, most likely your tests and labs provided strong evidence. I know it is hard to accept having a chronic illness,but unfortunately, Crohn's is a chronic illness and doesn't go away. As pasobuff suggested, you could be in a period of remission - where you are symptom free and feel better. However, in order to remain in remission and keep feeling good, you will need a treatment plan to keep the inflammation from coming back.

I have read many stories of people who thought they were better and didn't take medication. Sadly, it hurt them in the long run. So, please speak to your doctor about your health and treatment and be open-minded.

Unfortunately, Jill hit the nail on the head. It is best to stay in touch with your doc and work out a treatment plan. Even if you decide to go without medication, it is important to remember that there is no "cure" for crohn's and it may rear its ugly head at any time. So you have to pay close attention to your body and educate yourself as much as you can about this disease. Not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. But i am very glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope it stays that way!

Hi Ilovesam
In addition to taking your meds, you may wish to look at your diet. Many folks including myself have also added diet as a treatment option.
There are lots of opinions on this subject but what most people will tell you is that not all folks respond the same way so you ahve to figure it out for your self.
My story is as follows. I was feeling poorly. DX with CD. Changed diet and took meds. I year later felt very very good almost every day. I am on a very strict diet for crohn's and I stick to it even though I have no symptons.

Unfortunatly, if your doc says you have crohn's you almost for usre have it, so now you have to take the meds and I would suggest looking into diet.

To start you may wish to read about Makers, Low Res, SCD, Paleo, Live Without Bread,

I read all these and mpore and it changed the way I eat and feel

Take Care

David

ameslouise

Hi Sam and welcome!

Hope you continue to feel well! But ditto what the others above have said - be careful and stay in touch with your docs.

I know it can be tempting to not go on the meds, but please consult with your doctor before changing your treatment plan.

Good luck! -Amy