Share Facebook

05-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
JodiMaddie

Kids with UC

Kids with UC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if anyone has any children that have Ulcerative Colitis that would be willing to chat with my daughter . She feels so alone and I think this would benefit her greatly ! Thanks so much Jodi
05-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
troydanielbecker

It's a great request! Isaac is too young probably, and might need a translator but there are others you can hopefully connect with...
05-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
JodiMaddie

lol Troy Im so sorry Isaac has this horrible disease at such a young age I thought Maddie was young being diagnosed at age 9. How is he doing ?
05-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
izzi'smom

My Support Groups:
What a great idea...my daughter is too young also, but my MD told me that bigger cities have support groups (and have meetings IRL)...alas we aren't near one of them, but it may be an option for you!
Angie, mom to Izzi,10 Crohn's Colitis 1/11 prednisone, entyvio since 2015 Tried: Tacrolimus, Bactrim, simponi, Levsin, Prevacid, Prednisilone, Humira, Remicade, EN via ng, vancomycin, Pentasa, carafate, Sulfasalazine, Cortifoam enemas, dietary changes, fish oil, VSL#3.
05-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
troydanielbecker

Isaac is doing fine these days. Getting ready for a birthday in 3 days now!

He is tapering off of steroids and seems to be pooping like a normal kiddo again...
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
gypsigirl28

My Support Groups:
hi, I have not been on in a while due to moving and such, I jsut read this post and i to feel this is a great idea. Miss maddie is also to young being only 3yr but i hope you connect with someone that can chat..
good luck
with UC
10-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
QueenGothel

My 3 year old daughter Rowan was diagnosed with UC yesterday. She is too young yet. She don't understand what is happening. Neither do I. I feel so alone in this fight. Thank god for this forum. Much praying going on. Best to u and ur kids.
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
samilou

Our daughter Sam is 11 and was diag. at 8 and we have tried everything and finally convinced our GI to try LDN and have been on it for almost a month. So far so good blood test came back with great improvement and bm have gradually decreased from 12 to 3 times per day. Keeping fingers crossed we have finally found something that works! She would be happy to talk with any of the kids out about what they are going through.