• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update

So as some of you know, I was scheduled to have a resection on may 31st. Well, my Crohn's decided it didnt want to play nice, and I was admitted to the hospital last friday. Ended up having my surgery last night instead. Everything went really well, and my inflammation was highly localized. With any luck, I should be home in a week or so.

PS. - Sorry if this post is incoherent - Im really loaded up on Dilaudid still from the surgery.

I am happy everything went well for you. Watch out for constipation from the pain meds. That was the worst part other than the prep for me.

D Bergy

R

ruthymg

Glad to hear things went well for you, take it easy for a while now.

Ruth

Thats great that they could fix you. When you get out take some probiotics so that your intestines can fight any harmful bacteria that may come your way.

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
Hang in there and know that many of us have had this too or will have this in the future. We are all pulling for a speedy recovery.

Just wanted to let everyone know how I was doing:

Got out of the hospital yesterday. Im staying at the infirmary at my school for a few days until I get some strength back though, since I live on the 4th floor of a dorm with no elevator. Recovery is going OK. Im still pretty sore, but Im getting a little better every day. Ive been tolerating food pretty well, and Im hoping that sometime soon my bowels start slowing down. Even with the painkillers, everything is moving through really fast. With any luck, Ill be back at home in a day or two, and then I can start the slow transition back to normal life. Thankfullly, at the rate Im going I should be able to go out to dinner with my family for my birthday, which should be nice.

Glad you are feeling better. The hospital drove me nuts after two days. It was really nice to go home. I am surprised you already have food going through you. I guess it is different for everyone.

Happy Birthday!

D Bergy

Kev

Your resection? Did it involve the ileum or the colon? If the colon, do you know how much they removed? One of the possible after effects of colon resection is that your bowel movements are faster... simply because there is less distance for it to travel, and it removes less fluids... so a watery bowel that moves pretty quick is normal..

Just a thought...

As far as resections go it was pretty small. they took out a few inches around the ileocecal junction. The docs mentioned this may be a possibility because i can no longer absorb bile salts or something, but i'm waiting to see where things settle.