• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira

:medal1:Tuesday the 24th I had my loading dose of Humira. Four injections and I did it myself. I was stressed but with a wonderfull teacher Joyce - nursing sister for Humira I had the confidence to do it. On 7 June the next two and afterwards the normal 2/ month. No real side effects- a headache and pins and needles in my face - right side but that subsided after two hours. I'ts still sensitive in the area of the injections on the right side= interesting that the pins and needles feeling and headache also appeared on the right side. I had a gastro experience that night but the next morning just tired and nothing since. Wonder if any link with the Humira. I'm very excited and hope that this will really be what I expected.:medal1:

Occasionally I'm tired the next day too. Not had pins and needles tho, something to keep track of and let your consultant know if it gets significant.

Im starting humira soon too. I hope the pins and needles thing doesnt happen to me...I reacted to remicade already. I need this stuff!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi ronel and welcome! I don't have any experience with Humira, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. I sure hope it does wonders for you and you start feeling much better soon!

I,m starting to feel the difference and still no more side effects. Yes, I also need Humira - nothing else left for treatment. Tuesday the next two injections and can you believe that I am looking forward to this. Good luck to everyone who is being treated with Humira.:sun: